K Cyber Banking Billing Setup Issue

When I add a new bill payment, I get the message 'Sorry, System is not allowed PIN 2 user to process this transaction.'

Been a Kasikorn customer for about 10 to 15 years and have had K Cyber banking for at least the last 7 years. I also have about 8 billing payments setup, mainly for topping up mobile numbers, so it used to work! I can't even edit a billing payment. However everything else works fine (sending to other accounts, making payments via the billing setups already).

Anyone have an idea what this uninformative message means? Do I have too many payments? Have Kasikorn changed how you setup payments? Does my pin2 need changing (the one that lets you send money; not the one for logging in). Are foreigners less privileged than Thais (read that as all foreigners are evil and not to be trusted and all Thais aren't)?

I have sent an email to Kasikorn. If they give a good reason I will let you know!

Other than that, has anyone else had this issue?

That sounds like a "second signatory" type of issue.

I have that with one of my business accounts. One person can request the action, but another has to approve it.

But, if you haven't had this issue before, it probably means the settings on your account have been changed.

PIN 2 is where you use a fixed password. You either have to change to using a one-time mobile password (PIN 1), or do what I did - set up a new account in my girlfriend's name (using the mobile password), and use that for mobile top-ups etc. I didn't check, but thought that a new account in my own name would just get added to the same online banking account, with the same PIN 2 setting.

I left the PIN 2 on the main account as I wanted to make sure I could still make transfers when out of the country.

I just increased validity on my mobile numbers so they won't expire while I am out of country and I don't need to worry about setting up new billing payments. The problem was I was trying to setup the True Internet so we can pay it when out of country. I already had True Internet but the account number changed as we moved house. Saves being cut off from Internet and having to pay all the back payments when we come back.

Actually mobile topups is not an issue as I can use the K mobile banking for that when incountry (have that as well; just needed to reset the pin as it said my handset had changed, even though my mobile number hadn't).

Guess its a Sunday; will need to give Kasikorn more time to respond. Maybe I need to go through recent mails from them about changes. Let me take a look...

Maybe someone can advise. I am used to the pin2 security model that was previously inplace. If I put my Thai mobile number in K Cyber, will it then send me codes via sms to authorise things? If so, do I loose the pin2 model; I mean I need that outside country to authorise (or have credit and roaming on my Thai mobile, and hope it all works out country). Think I would prefer the pin2/stick with what works for me method. Thus I don't want to upgrade and loose the pin2? Don't want to dive in and break what I already have. Anyone who has experience of this please help!

Maybe someone can advise. I am used to the pin2 security model that was previously inplace. If I put my Thai mobile number in K Cyber, will it then send me codes via sms to authorise things? If so, do I loose the pin2 model; I mean I need that outside country to authorise (or have credit and roaming on my Thai mobile, and hope it all works out country). Think I would prefer the pin2/stick with what works for me method. Thus I don't want to upgrade and loose the pin2? Don't want to dive in and break what I already have. Anyone who has experience of this please help!

There should be no problem (and no charge) with you receiving SMS's on your Thai phone while you are OS. I have done that before.

I received an email from Kasikorn resently saying that PIN2 would no longer work for eBanking transactions; they wanted everyone to have the One Time Password (the one they send to your phone).

I guess the change has happened and you can no longer have a fixed PIN2 and must move to OPT?

Here is the reply from Kasikorn:

According to your enquiry regarding about K-Cyber Banking, we would like to inform you that K-Cyber Banking had changed the policy to do bill payment transaction that allow only OTP. You can contact K-Contact Center (66) 2888 8800 press 0 press 3 in order to let our call agent send OTP to your e-mail for make the transaction. Sorry for inconvenience.

Thus MichealJohn is right.

Does this mean every time you setup a new bill or do a transfer, Kasikorn will send you a code via sms? Or is it the case that its a one time setup and you then keep reusing the same password? I will give them a call in the morning.

Thx in advance.

Edited by MaiChai

Here is info from the profile Security Password web page in K Cyber banking

For added security, important transactions made via K-Cyber Banking will require one of these security passwords:
  • SMS-OTP
  • PIN 2

For SMS-OTP Users

You can change security setting from SMS-OTP to Token-OTP (For Token Users) or PIN2 on your own by filling the form below, then confirming your transaction. The update security setting will be effective immediately. For PIN 2 Users

To change from PIN 2 to SMS-OTP (One Time Password), you are required to contact K-Contact Center at 0 2888 8800 press 03

Seems to imply that you could switch from sms-opt to a token/secureid? One of those dongles that generate a code.

Next page. Seems overly complex if you ask me. Appears you can change the settings yourself. Unfortunately my mobile number is incorrect, and I haven't the time to go and change it before I return to farangland, so I will stick with Pin2 for now. English isn't very clear (as usual). Wife is getting her internet banking tomorrow so she will have sms-opt, or can always send to her and she can then sms-opt:

Use SMS-OTP (One Time Password) for confirmation

Customer Mobile Phone : 0800000000 *Remark

If your above Profile is not up to date, please follow steps below:

1. Download K-Cyber Service Changing Profile Request Form and fill in the form.

2. Send the form along with Passport and Passbook (For saving account)/Cheques or Cheque Book

Request Form (For current account)

3. Please submit all completed documents via any local KBank branches.

Use PIN 2 for confirmation*

PIN 2 must be a combination of 10-12 English characters and numbers. The defined PIN 2 should notcontain either ascending/repeating characters or numbers such as aaa, 111, ab, 12. must not be the same as the Login Password (PIN1).

Security Password Type PIN2 Confirm Security Password type PIN2 *Remark

Use Security Password type SMS-OTP and Token-OTP for confirmation. The transactions that need the password for confirmation are :

K-Cyber Service Profile Setting Use Security Password type SMS-OTP, Token-OTP and PIN 2 for confirmation. The transactions that need the password for confirmation of K-Cyber Banking service are : Financial Transactions : Funds Transfer to Other’s Accounts Inter-Bank Funds Transfer Some other payments classified as high risk Payment for Other Credit Card Holders Other Transactions:

Add/Delete Own Account List Add/Change Other Account list Change Contact Information Change Security Password Setting Apply for K-Web Shopping Card

Change K-Web Shopping Card Limit

That didn't cut and paste well. Options are use sms-opt or pin2.

Edited by MaiChai

enter the details for payment etc onine, they send OTP for that action to your phone, enter OTP , job done.

Every time you want to add someone new to pay the same will happen, otp, enter, done.

very simple very easy, anywhere in the world, no charge.

Edited by CharlieH

Thanks CharlieH! Will give it a whirl when I am back in Thailand. Probably April.

FYI. Wife applied for K Cyber via a Kasikorn ATM. They allow you to do it this way now. Apparently the account details will arrive via SMS tomorrow. Also switched on roaming on her phone and she has plenty of credit to roam if it all doesn't happen ontime and she needs to continue using K Mobile banking via roaming (assume that works).