How To Get To Cha Am Fishing Park From International Airport

zebzeb

I fished cha am fishing park last year (first time)

There were infact 6 0f us there for 2 days but they told they only allow 2 rods on the predator lake per day and no fishing on there the next day to give them a rest,

Best to book the predator lake in advance maybe.

That sounds fair! So how did the fishing go? Did you only fish the predator lake?

Did,nt fish the predator lake myself...i prefure to go for amazon predators with the lure and quite light tackle, We were only there 2 days so it was only possible to fish the predator lake for one day...cost was 4000 per rod and 4 friends split the day between them,

They had a great time with the harry palmers.

The rest of us fished the big lake...there were a couple of local expats targeting carp but i dont think they had any luck, I was aiming for big mehkongs and only had one around 30kg,

I guess there are some monsters on the big lake but the problem is the small-greedy and much faster pla sawai are always on the hook before the mehkongs get a chance to find it,

Btw although i had much heavier tackle with me ( custom rods with accurate multipliers-80lb braid) i think heavy gear there is way ott,

i stayed with a rod for max 4pe with a tuned avet multiplier ...40lb mono.

The time for the big Mekongs is later in the afternoon and when it gets dark!

They definately do. All my biggest fish have always come out in the early hours. 2am, 3am, 4am etc. The scientific docs show that in the wild mekong catfish usually enter shallower water to feed in the night. Its safer as some predators can't see them.

dec2012catfish.jpg

That's big line, I use 50lb power pro braid, Shimano 8000D bait runners , PE 6-8 rods, gamagatsu hooks, plenty for Cha Am,

My reels will pop even 100lb braid if I don't increase the drag very gradually so this time I wanted to test my reels to the limit. Had to switch to the owner and mustad hooks as well because the little gamakatsus kept straightening. 2x, 3x even 4x strong hooks. Love it.

That's big line, I use 50lb power pro braid, Shimano 8000D bait runners , PE 6-8 rods, gamagatsu hooks, plenty for Cha Am,

My reels will pop even 100lb braid if I don't increase the drag very gradually so this time I wanted to test my reels to the limit. Had to switch to the owner and mustad hooks as well because the little gamakatsus kept straightening. 2x, 3x even 4x strong hooks. Love it.

The Thai's that fish Cha Am use huge line and boat rods capable of landing Moby Dick, there is no finesse to there fishing, it is cast out, hook something and haul it in as fast as possible, it is always a scary scene when the fish is close to the bank, concrete or grass the Thai's always choose to throw the fish onto the concrete, never had a gamagatsu straighten out although a couple have just snapped, I will be going to Cha Am the 2nd week of February, Cahore and Mekong the targets! must go and buy some Lumb!