Computer Expert Required

ThaiPauly

Hi,

I am looking for someone who has some time to spare and would like to earn a bit of money by teaching me all there is to know about computers.

I am prepared to pay a reasonable daily rate to anyone who is qualified enough to teach a beginer -up to creating my own website for my Wife's restaurant.

I am sorry to admit that I am a complete computer nerd.

If you have the time, need the money and have your own transport please PM me.

Cheers

TP

I've developed an 'instant web site', maybe you could be the one to test it ? Is very simple and set up for 'nitwits'. It's undergoing it's final tests. You'd just have to be a little patient but it'll cost you nothing, not even the site. However ... Besides then when I visit your restaurant in the future.:D

:o

:D

Edited by FlyingDutchman

"All there is to know about computers" is quite of a mouthfull. However - assuming you are making you're posts in person - you're not an absolute beginner. You know the basics of computer usage - and that's actually a pretty good start.

I think you can refine you requirements to something like "..... someone who can introduce me to and teach me how to use that handful of tools required to build a website".

It'll take a few months before I'm ready to enter that sort of business (and it will be business, not hobby), but now you hereby have the means to put a limit on how long time your education might take.

A very good friend of mine suggested a book I should read and learn years ago, when I was starting web page design. I'll make the same suggestion to you.....

HTML for the world wide web by Elizabeth Castro ISBN 0-201-35493-4

It's worth it's weight in gold as a reference book, and it will have you putting web pages together in a matter of days....Maejo

Speaking of free programs, let me offer up webford 2.01 as one option I've been using for a number of years to do simple html coding, like with images, text, colors, etc. A WYSIWYG, in it's most basic form. Nothing as difficult-looking as most other html editors. Simple and fast. And free :o

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

What I am really looking for is someone who would be willing to come to my place 3 days a week to as Rishi said to help me understand all the OTHER things that one can do with a computer besides write e-mails , letters, check Bank Accounts, etc....Like using Photoshop, how to upload pics onto the computer and e-mail them/edit them, troubleshoot when things go wrong, delete cookies etc. One TV Member has kindly offered to build the wesite for our restaurant for free, but I really still need to know all the other stuff .

I have had one offer of personal help so far but I don't know where it will lead.

Many thanks

TP