Renting A Motorbike In Chiangmai

Scott123

I did a search with "rent motorbike", got "Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show."

I did another search with "motorbike", got 7 pages of posts, browsed through first page, did not see any info or recommendation about renting motorbike. (plenty of description about helmet, motorbike accidents, police ticketing motorbikers, ...etc)

So, can anybody recommend a place to rent motorbike?

Edited by Scott123

Renting a bike (moped)( 9s so cheap, you wont find it on the web. Look around Moon Muang road, especially for example the place in Moon Muang Soi 5 (Mr Mechanic?) cheap, 120-150 or so baht.

I don't recommend bigger 'proper' bikes. First of all you don't need one, the small ones go plenty fast to kill yourself if you choose to, and the big ones are almost as expensive as renting a car.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I fully recommend Buddy Internet (one branch opposite Central on Huay Kaew, another near Rydges hotel). I rented from them for a year and a half and found them great. They keep their bikes in good condition, replace them regularly, are about the same price as everywhere else and were very helpful when I had accidents.

~

Good advice and I second Mr. Mechanic, about a block north of the Montri Hotel. Lek and his lovely wife Kung rent bikes that are in excellent mechanical condidion and they have the best inusrance I have found. They also have a few larger bikes and even a car to rent. 053-214-708

Goodwill is great for the dirtbike folks and Tom/Joe are absolutely the finest big bike mechanics in northern Thailand - I wouldn't let anyone else touch my 750 Shadow. Go east on Chang Moi Rd, turn right onto Soi 2 just after the bank parking lot. 053-251-186 And just before that turn (also on the right) is an excellent helmet and bike accessories shop.

Happy riding!

In my first week in Chiang Mai, as a tourist, I rented from Mr. Mechanic, and promptly almost killed myself going down a side road on Doi Inthanon. He couldn't have been nicer; hardly charged me anything for picking the bike up at the park, repairing the damages, etc. He even rode my home in his car.

This past year I've used Buddy Internet. He made the mistake of giving me a 1959-tech Honda Dream 125 with almost no brakes, and promptly replaced it the next day. I really like the folks at Buddy's (Huay Kaew).

I also used to rent Suzuki GS400E Slingshots, yellow, from another dealer further up Moon Muang, 300 baht in the off season. But it's a bit too much in Chiang Mai, unless you just got off a Suzuki GS500E, as I did.