BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
sceadugenga

Thaivisa Low Key Christmas Get Together.

Tuesday the 18th?

Central Plaza Food Court?

1.30 PM?

Suggestions welcome, RSVP not necessarily required but PM if you're shy.

Exchange of movies and ebooks can be arranged, sceadugenga will bring a couple of boxes of giveaway real books for those interested.

Maybe some DVDs.

Nothing serious, just a get together to try to put what has been quite a tumultuous year for the forum back on track.

burp.gifcoffee1.gifpartytime2.gifsignthaivisa.gif

• Like 1

I think the timing isn't suitable for this meet, many of us have jobs or businesses. An evening time would suit much better but if VF is going I will be there for sure.

I also cannot see that this meet will rectify the bitter animosity shown in this forum, especially when the main instigator is still active.

Many members have left and others are still banned for disagreeing with the moderators.

• Like 1

I do not really know what we could do at such a meeting, apart from having a cozy time together.

This is a discussion forum and as such a place designed for different opinions and attitudes-which is fine and that we must all try to respect.

I can not see that we, as ordinary members here have no duty to make rules and standards for each other-that is, should and must be the moderators job to make sure that there is a proper tone, etc.

It should not be such that certain members set the rules for how things should be in here-even if you disagree and might not like each other.

I agree and different opinions and attitudes are o.k. Insults and rudeness should not be tolerated however.

Edited by amecth

Surely instead of literary slagging between members an open and polite discussion would help sort out much. If you're not prepared to say it to a face, then don't write it either.

I for one will be there and hope to meet a few others too.

Maybe The dream-walker could consider a draft peace treaty.

• Like 2

What will be the dress code? Can I wear my fancy outfit? rolleyes.gif

post-155923-0-09580500-1355377759_thumb.

Edited by Morakot

What will be the dress code? Can I wear my fancy outfit? rolleyes.gif

Yes indeed, but leave the guy at home please. w00t.gif
  • Like 1

Maybe we can come in fancy dress or disguise so that members won't know, who we really are.

This is really me.

mr_tayto.png

Surely instead of literary slagging between members an open and polite discussion would help sort out much. If you're not prepared to say it to a face, then don't write it either.

Sounds like something on a Santa's wish list that isn't going to make the bag.

Amazes me, the Potluck and Hash can advertise their doings here with out any problems but I ask for a quiet refreshment with a few other members and old scores have to be settled.

Anyone wants trouble, bring it on.

Thanks for the invitation - but I'd rather keep to myself. People's personalities are better expressed here on TV. I do not expect to find a better person in face-to-face meetings. Hope you folks have a good meeting.

• Like 1

Sounds like something on a Santa's wish list that isn't going to make the bag.

Amazes me, the Potluck and Hash can advertise their doings here with out any problems but I ask for a quiet refreshment with a few other members and old scores have to be settled.

Anyone wants trouble, bring it on.

This may be an interesting meeting if anyone turn up. I just hear all the bitching now,

As far as I am concerned, Scea is just trying to do something nice in the spirit of the season. All but one, seem to be taking this invitation in the spirit it is meant. Of the people I know who are going, none of them are the type who take sides or push others to do so. Level headed and even handed to the man. Come looking for a low key holiday gathering with polite well mannered adults, and you will not go away disappointed.

Crusty exoskeleton and horns notwithstanding, I am really not the demon some make me out to be. Come see for yourself. I will no doubt be at Starbucks long before the meeting time, as I will be stuck at the Mall most of the day. Perhaps I’ll bring the laptop and get a little writing done beforehand. Then again I may entertain an unscheduled interruption or two.

• Like 1