Thaivisa Low Key Christmas Get Together.

sceadugenga

Tuesday the 18th?

Central Plaza Food Court?

1.30 PM?

Suggestions welcome, RSVP not necessarily required but PM if you're shy.

Exchange of movies and ebooks can be arranged, sceadugenga will bring a couple of boxes of giveaway real books for those interested.

Maybe some DVDs.

Nothing serious, just a get together to try to put what has been quite a tumultuous year for the forum back on track.

burp.gifcoffee1.gifpartytime2.gifsignthaivisa.gif

• Like 1

I think the timing isn't suitable for this meet, many of us have jobs or businesses. An evening time would suit much better but if VF is going I will be there for sure.

I also cannot see that this meet will rectify the bitter animosity shown in this forum, especially when the main instigator is still active.

Many members have left and others are still banned for disagreeing with the moderators.

• Like 1

I do not really know what we could do at such a meeting, apart from having a cozy time together.

This is a discussion forum and as such a place designed for different opinions and attitudes-which is fine and that we must all try to respect.

I can not see that we, as ordinary members here have no duty to make rules and standards for each other-that is, should and must be the moderators job to make sure that there is a proper tone, etc.

It should not be such that certain members set the rules for how things should be in here-even if you disagree and might not like each other.

Surely instead of literary slagging between members an open and polite discussion would help sort out much. If you're not prepared to say it to a face, then don't write it either.

I for one will be there and hope to meet a few others too.

Maybe The dream-walker could consider a draft peace treaty.

• Like 2

Surely instead of literary slagging between members an open and polite discussion would help sort out much. If you're not prepared to say it to a face, then don't write it either.

Sounds like something on a Santa's wish list that isn't going to make the bag.

Amazes me, the Potluck and Hash can advertise their doings here with out any problems but I ask for a quiet refreshment with a few other members and old scores have to be settled.

Anyone wants trouble, bring it on.

Sounds like something on a Santa's wish list that isn't going to make the bag.

Amazes me, the Potluck and Hash can advertise their doings here with out any problems but I ask for a quiet refreshment with a few other members and old scores have to be settled.

Anyone wants trouble, bring it on.

This may be an interesting meeting if anyone turn up. I just hear all the bitching now,

As far as I am concerned, Scea is just trying to do something nice in the spirit of the season. All but one, seem to be taking this invitation in the spirit it is meant. Of the people I know who are going, none of them are the type who take sides or push others to do so. Level headed and even handed to the man. Come looking for a low key holiday gathering with polite well mannered adults, and you will not go away disappointed.

Crusty exoskeleton and horns notwithstanding, I am really not the demon some make me out to be. Come see for yourself. I will no doubt be at Starbucks long before the meeting time, as I will be stuck at the Mall most of the day. Perhaps I’ll bring the laptop and get a little writing done beforehand. Then again I may entertain an unscheduled interruption or two.

• Like 1

Its always nice to be invited somewhere , however , I am sorry I cannot make it on the 18th .

If you want many to turn up , just mention that there will be Free Food being served , then half ALL of Chiang Rai Freeloaders will turn up . You know who they are and so do they . hahahahaha, They are the ones with sown up pockets and rucksacks on their backs for the doggy bags .

Edited by sunholidaysun1
  • Like 2

Thanks for the invitation - but I'd rather keep to myself. People's personalities are better expressed here on TV. I do not expect to find a better person in face-to-face meetings. Hope you folks have a good meeting.

I agree. I think people are more likely to show their 'true colors' on an internet forum.

Sorry to miss it but as i told scea i am off for a nice long cruise hong kong to singapore to see how much food i can eat. I hope you all enjoy it and that everyone will remember that finding something positive to say or do nearly always will have a better result than concentrating on the negatives. In my estimation each and every one of us has likely been pretty fortunate to end up spending all or part of our time in Chiang Rai so why not just learn to be a bit HAPPY about that? Beats the hell out of a lot of the other options.

• Like 1

Sorry to miss it but as i told scea i am off for a nice long cruise hong kong to singapore to see how much food i can eat. I hope you all enjoy it and that everyone will remember that finding something positive to say or do nearly always will have a better result than concentrating on the negatives. In my estimation each and every one of us has likely been pretty fortunate to end up spending all or part of our time in Chiang Rai so why not just learn to be a bit HAPPY about that? Beats the hell out of a lot of the other options.

Have a nice cruise and consume a few extra calories for me, as I am on a diet these days. You are of course correct about there being plenty to be happy about living in Chiang Rai.

I tested the food court with another member today, (His name starts with W, not V) and I think we'll meet up the far end by the windows where it will be even possible to sit outside to accommodate smokers.

Close to the various drinks and coffee stalls as well.

For those that aren't familiar with the system you purchase a card on entry and put as much money on as you like, you then use the card at the various stalls.

Any remaining funds are refunded when you leave.

• Like 1

Its always nice to be invited somewhere , however , I am sorry I cannot make it on the 18th .

If you want many to turn up , just mention that there will be Free Food being served , then half ALL of Chiang Rai Freeloaders will turn up . You know who they are and so do they . hahahahaha, They are the ones with sown up pockets and rucksacks on their backs for the doggy bags .

Just like my Kangaroo Bar as I used to put on FREE snacks every Sunday. The Bar was packed with people every Sunday and I wouldnt see about 80% of them until the next Sunday. Those guys werent drinkers either.

Just like my Kangaroo Bar as I used to put on FREE snacks every Sunday. The Bar was packed with people every Sunday and I wouldnt see about 80% of them until the next Sunday. Those guys werent drinkers either.

Well Said Gary , Its about time these freeloaders in Chiang rai Stop their Charity case runs, we are tired Gents of your antics . Once ok , twice your pushing your luck, but to continue to turn up to events , fill your bellies with as much food as you can eat , then leave is NOT going down well in the Rai .

Can I also say that it has been noticed and discussed by some hard core drinkers in Chiang Rai , that some guys are going into bars , sitting there for ages and wiating for others to offer and buy them a beer. Also when some generous guys ring the bell and buy everyone in the bar a beer , some , who lets say are drinking a small beer , order a LARGE beer or a jug , just because someone else is paying . This is abuse of good will and not liked by us , PLEASE STOP DOING THAT or you will frowned apon and even lose our friendship.

I will also add that even Rico said at his functions he is tired of seeing people who attend the buffet functions pile food really high on their plates and then leave half of it . There is no need for greed, take small amounts and return for a top up of food if you need it but to fill your plates with as much as you can get on it is not good. Ok , your paying to attend the function and for the food but there is no need for greed.

• Like 1

Put on a smile and stop by to say hello to some genuinely friendly low key people tomorrow. There is a playground one floor up, so drop the kids off and come down to enjoy a little grownup time with Scea and friends. Sit and talk a while or just say hello and continue on with your day, it is up to you.smile.png

• Like 1

Dear Sceadugenga,

Thank you for your offer.

Unfortunately,presently out of the kingdom.

May I wish you & your family all the best for a Merry Christmas ,also to all Thai Visa Friends on the Chiang Rai Forum

Best Wishes for you & everyone for the New Year when I will return

Wiley Coyote & The Little Coyotes