Koh Kood, Any Good Or Not

payak

my wife and kids and I will be back in may,before we head to ubon we will be going to koh kood.

Any members had any experience or knowledge of this island.

way down south to koh lipe is an option but it is so far, any insights into nice quiet family style places would be helpful.

we dont get much time alone so we will bring the mother in law, stick her in a bungalow with the kids next to ours, and bang like an outhouse door in a cyclone all weekend.

somewhere relaxing.

expensive to get to-expensive to stay at, no entertainment -except gazing at the stars, electric often cut off-generators, and some resorts do not allow kids. The very worst for most dedicated TV-users must be that also no Thai girls for rent available.

Everyday from Laem Sok to Koh Kood:

09h00 Siriwhite/CP Laem Sok Group speedboat (600 THB)

12h30 Koh Kood Princess (large passenger boat)(350 THB)

12h30 Ko Kut Express (large passenger boat)(350 THB)

You can leave your car at Siriwhite (50 THB a night)

yeah we booked at the kk nature resort for two nights in an all inclusive package ( except booze) with transport from Trat; it was so good we stayed for another two nights. the resort itself is a bit ramshackle but the staff were brilliant, all Cambodian. We have a small baby and a 3.5 year old boy and they took the baby off us, every time we ate which was something my wife really appreciated; our son was able to run around with the resort kids. So it worked well from that perspective. We liked the food too especially the seafood barbecue at weekends - we were eating very fresh barracuda steaks, baked potatoes, prawns, pork - all excellent stuff. They also had kayaks and snorkels too for free use and the sea was really clean. would definitely go back.

• 8 months later...

i have been there last april it was great im thinking to go again in november i had cheap bungalows to for 500 thb every one is saying its expensive but its not so bad when you look around clong chao area close to the water fall. The way i found cheap place to stay was in koh kood divers there in klong chao on the t seaction and they helpt me with finding a place to also i looked ad there web site they also can arange bungalows or rooms before you come so you are shore you have a place to stay there web site is www.kohkooddivers.com

tel + (66)0856984122

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

expensive to get to-expensive to stay at, no entertainment -except gazing at the stars, electric often cut off-generators, and some resorts do not allow kids. The very worst for most dedicated TV-users must be that also no Thai girls for rent available.

And no annoying sex tourists! Wife and I enjoyed our visit there last year.

• 5 months later...

I was there 2 years ago most places had electricity, didn't see a 7/11 just a regular type grocery store. I thought it was a stunning island went there in low season and got a fantastic room for 1000B a night we had the place to ourselves. Beaches were great, restaurant choices were quite limited but the Dusita resort we stayed at had great food, way better than other places we tried. No nightlife really to speak of. Koh Kood along with Koh Ngai are the 2 nicest islands I have been to in Thailand. Koh Samet cannot hold a candle to Koh Kood in my opinion though Samet does have better nightlife if that's important to you.

Some photos I took below.

DSC_3924.JPG

DSC_3929.JPG

P1020058.JPG

P1020069.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2016 at 11:04 AM, limirl said:

I was there 2 years ago most places had electricity, didn't see a 7/11 just a regular type grocery store. I thought it was a stunning island went there in low season and got a fantastic room for 1000B a night we had the place to ourselves. Beaches were great, restaurant choices were quite limited but the Dusita resort we stayed at had great food, way better than other places we tried. No nightlife really to speak of. Koh Kood along with Koh Ngai are the 2 nicest islands I have been to in Thailand. Koh Samet cannot hold a candle to Koh Kood in my opinion though Samet does have better nightlife if that's important to you.

Some photos I took below.

DSC_3924.JPG

DSC_3929.JPG

P1020058.JPG

P1020069.JPG

Any nice beach there ?

I mean wide white sand beaches...

:-)

Archived