Tourists Can See And Buy Various Wood Products At The 8th Wood Road Fair

Jai Dee

Tourists can see and buy various wood products at the 8th Wood Road Fair

The Tourism Authority of Thailand and Bangkok would like to invite you and tourists to visit the 8th Wood Road Fair, where you can see and buy many delicate products at special prices.

The Pracha Narumit (ประชานฤมิตร) Community, or the Wood Road Fair, will gather all wood furniture and many valuable beautiful wood works that should be promoted and preserved for the Thai people. It is an attraction where the skills of the people are being passed on to the younger generations for centuries, and the Wood Road Fair is the gathering place of these beautiful and valuable wood artworks. The fair will take place at Pracha Narumit Alley.

The fair will help promote tourism, generate revenues to the local people, and preserve Thailand’s cultural artworks. The TAT is cooperating with Bangkok and Bang Sue (บางซื่อ) District in organizing the 8th Wood Road Fair, which will be held on the 18th and 19th of February at the S.T.S Furniture Home in Pracha Narumit Alley, Bang Sue District of Bangkok.

The fair will be held on the street where people can walk and buy many wood items. Many wood household furnishings and artworks will be sold at special prices. Other activities to be held include painting contest, youth display, and short-term career training. And as a special gift for the visitors, a special promotion activity will be held two times per day, from 11.00 to 12.00 and from 15.00 to 16.00.

For further details, please call the TAT at 0 - 2250 – 5500, or call its hotline at 1672. Also, please log on to www.tat.or.th.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 16 Febuary 2006

Tourists can see and buy various wood products at the 8th Wood Road Fair

The Tourism Authority of Thailand and Bangkok would like to invite you and tourists to visit the 8th Wood Road Fair, where you can see and buy many delicate products at special prices.

The Pracha Narumit (ประชานฤมิตร) Community, or the Wood Road Fair, will gather all wood furniture and many valuable beautiful wood works that should be promoted and preserved for the Thai people. It is an attraction where the skills of the people are being passed on to the younger generations for centuries, and the Wood Road Fair is the gathering place of these beautiful and valuable wood artworks. The fair will take place at Pracha Narumit Alley.

The fair will help promote tourism, generate revenues to the local people, and preserve Thailand’s cultural artworks. The TAT is cooperating with Bangkok and Bang Sue (บางซื่อ) District in organizing the 8th Wood Road Fair, which will be held on the 18th and 19th of February at the S.T.S Furniture Home in Pracha Narumit Alley, Bang Sue District of Bangkok.

The fair will be held on the street where people can walk and buy many wood items. Many wood household furnishings and artworks will be sold at special prices. Other activities to be held include painting contest, youth display, and short-term career training. And as a special gift for the visitors, a special promotion activity will be held two times per day, from 11.00 to 12.00 and from 15.00 to 16.00.

For further details, please call the TAT at 0 - 2250 – 5500, or call its hotline at 1672. Also, please log on to www.tat.or.th.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 16 Febuary 2006

Aussies be aware that wood products need to be declared on entry to Oz....if it carries signs of parasites or desease, it will be destroyed by Customs.

Went there yesterday. Basically, if I saw everything, it's one single, long soi lined with small, hole-in-the-wall furniture shops. So it's very easy to go through it all. The proper name for the street is Soi Prachanarumit in the Bang Po part of Bang Sue. But for me the easiest way to get there was to take the subway to Bang Sue station (the end-of-the-line). And then get in a taxi or tuk tuk and ask for 'Soi Furniture.' Should be no more than a 40 baht ride.

I came there looking for a basic, cushioned, quality armless chair like the following:

Sassafras_chair_TN.gif

The best quoted price I saw for this (I didn't try to haggle) was 2000 baht. I know this is quite a bit less than at MBK but I don't know if this is the best deal I ought to be reasonably able to find in Bangkok.