At Least 27 Dead In Connecticut School Shooting - Cbs News

News_Editor

Sandy Hook Elementary School Tragedy etal -

The Case for Mandatory Public Gun Defense Zones (Non-"Gun Free" Zones) and Pro-active Employee and Public Citizenry "Conceal-and-Carry" Gun Permits

Sandy Hook Elementary School Tragedy

Portland Shopping Mall Shooting

Oak Creek Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting

Aurora Colorado Theater Tragedy

Chardon High School Shooting

Salt Lake City Shopping Mall Shooting

Tucson Shopping Center Shooting

Fort Hood Texas Terrorist Attack

Binghamton Immigration Center Shooting

Virginia Tech University Tragedy

Columbine High School Tragedy

Raleigh North Hills Shopping Mall Shooting

Note: The above activity centers were all "Gun Free" Zones or otherwise were places clearly known by the terrorists and shooters to be without significant retaliatory gun defense capability. Thus, the fact that these public activity centers offered no real threat of immediate retaliation gave the cowardly attention-seeking terrorists and shooters an open door to murderous rage and instant self-exaltation.

What is the most effective and realistic solution to make such unprotected and highly populated activity centers almost unheard of as future sites for gun violence, terrorism and shootings? It is the perceived abscence of mandatory public activity center gun defense protection policies and disallowance of pro-active employee and public citizenry "conceal-and-carry" permitted guns on these openly and heavily patronized publicly and privately owned properties which attract violence, terrorism and shootings.

The just and proper solution was provided for us by our founding fathers under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution:

The is the case for mandatory public gun defense zones (non-"Gun Free" zones) and pro-active employee and public citizenry "Conceal-and-Carry" gun permits.

Protect and honor your God, Country and Family by preserving and fighting to defend your 2nd and 1st Amendment Rights under the United States Constitution!

If you want to retain your individual freedoms, you will gladly forward to all contacts ASAP!

• Like 2

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is tragic every sane person must be asking why and grieving for those innocent children, their parents relatives and freinds.

I just wish people wouldn't turn is into a political argument about guns.

Dunblane in Scotland where 90% plus of the population don't carry or own guns yet in 1966 43-year-old Thomas Hamilton entered the school armed with four handguns shooting and killing sixteen children and one adult before committing suicide

Hungerford in England 27-year-old Michael Robert Ryan got hold of 2 semi automatic rifles and a handgun, then shot and killed sixteen people including his mother, and wounded fifteen others, then fatally shot himself.

Cumbria in England 2 June 2010 , Derrick Bird, killed 12 people and injured 11 others before killing himself.

These people all had one thing in common they were insane or at the very least mentally unblanced and when they decided to commit these unspeakable acts even the strict Britsh gun laws failed to stop them.

The vast vast majority of American who own guns probably have never even fired the things and what I would like to know is why do people who are obviously mentally ill (As his brother clearlly stated he was) not put somewhere where they can't commit acts like this?

Edited by Tanlic

It's a time for grieving and maybe we shouldn't be talking about gunlaws now, or for that matter ever! Maybe it's time to talk about those people that make and lobby for the laws. Aren't they the same people that are ordering the launching of attacks on innocent people in counties far from home. How many, women, children and families, are written off each day as "colateral damage" in the "fight against terrorism".

Timing is relevant.
But this topic is actively avoided, as if so soon after such an event is not the right time to discuss this. But it’s precisely the right time to discuss this. If not now, when? In the coming days, as the immediacy of today fades a bit, this will still not be discussed by politicians. Now, is the right time, now, when this is on everyone’s minds. It is out of respect for the victims that we must discuss this, not keep silent.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012/12/14/connecticut_shootings_gun_control_mental_health_and_our_responsibility_to.html

Seems the 2nd amendment is more important than school children... sad.png

Seems that the true misunderstanding each and every less than knowledgeable anti-gun spouting advocate is people kill people - if a person misspells a word is the fault of the pen or the writer? - if a car crashes and a person is killed is it the cars fault or the driver? - ban all pens and we will definitely make sure no-one misspells a single word again – ban all cars and we have eliminated all these nasty car crashes and needless loss of life - problems solved - yeah lets go home and feel all fuzzy about the dramatic change we have implemented that did not do anything to change the true root cause of the problem.

That’s what is wrong with the current world today - not realistic - people kill people - simple - if not a gun a knife a club a bat or any instrument - it’s all the same

That’s what is currently wrong with people dealing with something they are not capable of understanding – a sympathetic & pathetic way of dealing with all torts and laws - taking guns away from people only leaves innocent people defenseless against the real criminals that still have the illegal guns and the criminals now have the warm and fuzzy feeling there is less chance the victim has a gun bcoz they have been taken away - Duhh!!

America was founded on the thought that a man required a gun to defend himself and his family against the unknown and real threats outside his door - that same mentality still holds true to this day - if not it is needed even more today than yesterday.

This truly sad crime could have been easily prevented without burdening the entire populous with gun controls and taking away 2nd amendment rights. It’s all quite simple but again – there are those that must complicate the world with their over engineered thinking. Simply put the school should have had security - that’s the key weak link in this tragedy - if this 20 yr old boy was twisted off at his parents and went for revenge - he should have been stopped at the doors and not allowed in without authorization

you might want to check the stats on gun related deaths in other countries pardner, USA tops the list by a lightyear buzz ...just sayin

then again, there may be something in the water supply

Comparing the rate of gun crime between countries and their corresponding laws never works, due to a number of historical and cultural differences. The actual firearms homicide rate in America has been hovering around 3 per 100,000 of the population, and has been decreasing in recent years. Thailand's rate is about 33 per 100,000; more than 10 times higher, although I believe there are few cities of Bangkok's size that are safer from violent crime. There are deeper issues within the society, history, and economic status of each country that will directly influence the number of massacres that take place.

Just saw a moron on CNN trying to explain that more guns would result in lower casualties............ First time I also saw a presenter real angry but I think this is be the way it goes. The shooters are crazy and not the mentally of most gun owners. When I was over there visiting a friend one of his employees son killed the day before someone to take 10 US and dad was normally working because as he told "it was something that happens"

RIP to the victims. I could hardly contain myself and you can imagine it was VERY difficult for me to keep on reading the first article I came across on this (which was the article on CNN). I had to look away from the confounded computer screen in utter disgust and disbelief... I had to recompose myself twice before finishing the article. I have two children, aged 3 and 5 and making plans to bring the family to the States. It's not easy, and this is heart wrenching for every parent.

... and not a word of it on Thai TV. Oh well.. it's not Thailand's business, and Thailand is the world... nothing happening outside of Thailand that would ever concern Thais.

I got the news broken to me, IRONICALLY from a Facebook post that a friend of mine shared.

As for the gun-ban debate... I'd do that on another thread.

I understand why most of the forum would say something about gun control in the US. But what you don't read about or very little, are the incidents where crimes were prevented because someone either had a gun available or used one. The mainstream media does not want to report it as it does not make as much news as when someone dies. It is in the reports that the perpetrator was metally ill so it may not be someone who was in their right mind.

As has happened in other countries in addition to the US is you cannot stop some idiot who goes off his rocker and kills people. People will find guns, anywhere. It has happened here in Thailand as well.

What you also don't hear is that the 2nd amendment to the US constitution is alive and well and it would take over 33 states to change the constitution to ban the guns. Never happen. The first ten amendments or the Bill of Rights as they are called are sacred to us as well as freedom of speech and freedom of religion. We had Prohibition against alcohol and that had to be changed as it did not make sense.

You may not like the fact we have guns but we have had the right to bear arms since our country was founded. History is hard to change.

Edited by puyaidon
  • Like 1

I'm an "Originalist", so as long as you are a member of a "well-regulated militia" you have the right to keep and bear arms, limited to flintlock pistols, muzzle-loading muskets, swords, sabres and even a cannon.

This New Yorker article, by Jill Lepore, from earlier this year offers some insight into the recent (last 50 years) changes in firearm rights in the U.S.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/04/23/120423fa_fact_lepore

U.S. mass shootings in 2012: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/nation/us-mass-shootings-2012/

• Like 1

its against the law to kill children. did it stop the culprit? so would anti gun laws stop any other mad killer?

If the USA had proper gun control laws then there is a very good chance that this killer would not have had a gun in the first place.

Just saw some gun lobbyists arguing that the problem was that the school, like the Aurora cinema, was a gun free zone and that allowing teachers and other adults to carry concealed weapons at the school would have solved the problem as the gunman would have been too scared of getting shot himself to try it on. It seems that his mother, a teacher at the school, must have agreed with this argument as she herself had stocked up with weaponery, including a Bushmaster .233 assault rifle which turned out to be her own undoing as well the children's.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

People always have a knee jerk reaction to terrible things like this that happen. Cun control is not the answer. The answer is to identify those sick people who would do this kind of thing.

Man stabs 22 children at China primary school

· Published: 14/12/2012 at 06:46 PM

· Online news: Asia

A man stabbed 22 primary school students in a knife attack in China on Friday, officials said, the latest in a series of assaults.

A Chinese policeman stands guard near a court in Hefei, Anhui province, in August 10, 2012. A man has stabbed 22 primary school students in a knife attack in China, officials said, the latest in a series of assaults.

its against the law to kill children. did it stop the culprit? so would anti gun laws stop any other mad killer?

If the USA had proper gun control laws then there is a very good chance that this killer would not have had a gun in the first place.

I just spoke to someone in that town.

The gun was registered to the killer's mom whom he killed as well.

Have people never heard of gun safes ?

i doubt that. there are multiple other reasons that made these people mad. you cannot solve that with gun control laws.

Very true.

My guess is that, since election time has just passed and since this terrible tragedy caused the deaths of many very young children. there will be some extra gun-control measures BUT they sadly won't be strict measures, since the gun lobby in the US is unfortunately very strong.

• Like 1

I don't believe people should be allowed the freedom to bear arms outside of their own property but this has nothing to do with gun laws.

They would not have prevented this madman doing what he did anyway.

RIP to all the victims..... and deepest condolences to their families and friends.

Man, the second amendment has nothing to do with this. If someone really wants a gun he can get one regardless if guns are illegal for the general public in that country or not. And that's true for any country on this planet.

• Like 1

Seems that the true misunderstanding each and every less than knowledgeable anti-gun spouting advocate is people kill people - if a person misspells a word is the fault of the pen or the writer? - if a car crashes and a person is killed is it the cars fault or the driver? - ban all pens and we will definitely make sure no-one misspells a single word again – ban all cars and we have eliminated all these nasty car crashes and needless loss of life - problems solved - yeah lets go home and feel all fuzzy about the dramatic change we have implemented that did not do anything to change the true root cause of the problem.

That’s what is wrong with the current world today - not realistic - people kill people - simple - if not a gun a knife a club a bat or any instrument - it’s all the same

That’s what is currently wrong with people dealing with something they are not capable of understanding – a sympathetic & pathetic way of dealing with all torts and laws - taking guns away from people only leaves innocent people defenseless against the real criminals that still have the illegal guns and the criminals now have the warm and fuzzy feeling there is less chance the victim has a gun bcoz they have been taken away - Duhh!!

America was founded on the thought that a man required a gun to defend himself and his family against the unknown and real threats outside his door - that same mentality still holds true to this day - if not it is needed even more today than yesterday.

This truly sad crime could have been easily prevented without burdening the entire populous with gun controls and taking away 2nd amendment rights. It’s all quite simple but again – there are those that must complicate the world with their over engineered thinking. Simply put the school should have had security - that’s the key weak link in this tragedy - if this 20 yr old boy was twisted off at his parents and went for revenge - he should have been stopped at the doors and not allowed in without authorization

Except the school DID have security but no ARMED SECURITY PERSONNEL. And while I believe in the second amendment, I DO believe that 'big guns' should be banned and only small firearms allowed. That'll make it heaps more difficult for mass killings like this.

• Like 1

Take away all the guns from the law abiding citizens? And I guess you believe the police should be the only one with guns. False security!!! By the way, have you ever timed how long it takes a police patrol to come to your home in an emergency? I have when a robber broke into my home. Several hours after the robber left. Nothing the police could do but make a report. We can not depend on the police only for protection. I learned this the hardway. Luckly, no one in my family was hurt or shot by the armed robber. Say what you will about gun control, but until you are put in a situation where the police cannot help, then maybe you will see my point. It's not too far fetched to believe teachers should be armed. Maybe this tragedy could have been stopped.

Edited by jcb2001

What I don't get is why someone would walk into Kindergarten and primary school that house kids between 3 and 10 years of age to kill them!!!!

He had mental health problems. The vast majority of such people are not a danger to others. This was also an act of suicide. Some suicidal people decide to do big splash murders to gain a twisted kind of immortality. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Take away all the guns from the law abiding citizens? And I guess you believe the police should be the only one with guns. False security!!! By the way, have you ever timed how long it takes a police patrol to come to your home in an emergency? I have when a robber broke into my home. Several hours after the robber left. Nothing the police could do but make a report. We can not depend on the police only for protection. I learned this the hardway. Luckly, no one in my family was hurt or shot by the armed robber. Say what you will about gun control, but until you are put in a situation where the police cannot help, then maybe you will see my point. It's not too far fetched to believe teachers should be armed. Maybe this tragedy could have been stopped.

And a very good point you have pointed out !

freedom comes with risk.

and i am pretty sure that those who wants that freedom and the right do not insist on that right because it is their plan to kill children.

RIP my fellow Connecticutians...

Though I'm not a gun activist I do believe in the second amendment - if only it would actually work / be enacted is for another discussion.

I was in fact a member of the NRA for a very short time as I had seen the light and figured that the majority of the folks that were members in that particular chapter definitely needed psychiatric help. Gun licensing should be much more strict - full stop. A very long battery of psyche tests should be performed AND PROPER GUN SAFETY/Usage classes and tests be mandatory. Let's say.... for several months....

People always have a knee jerk reaction to terrible things like this that happen. Cun control is not the answer. The answer is to identify those sick people who would do this kind of thing.

A man stabbed 22 primary school students in a knife attack in China on Friday, officials said, the latest in a series of assaults.

A Chinese policeman stands guard near a court in Hefei, Anhui province, in August 10, 2012. A man has stabbed 22 primary school students in a knife attack in China, officials said, the latest in a series of assaults.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/us-open-tennis-referee-arrested-murdering-husband-coffee/story?id=17052149

Next some of the posters here will be calling for a ban on coffee cups, knee jerking indeed!

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=17052149

Next some of the posters here will be calling for a ban on coffee cups, knee jerking indeed!

Imagine how many dead if that man had had an automatic weapon? You just posted an excellent argument for gun control.
  • Like 1

People like this guy would have been in a mental asylum in the past. Most of these people who conduct massacres would have been. If they don't take medication and have easy access to guns it equals a lot of innocent dead people. These people and the household of these people should never have any opportunity to access guns.

• Like 1