Free Wifi Spots To Be Expanded Almost Nationwide: Thailand

webfact

The service is partly to facilitate first grade students who have been given free tablets for education under the government’s “Smart Thailand” policy, he said.

The tablets for our P.1 kids were on the way, but never arrived at our school. Is it possible that the same will happen with WIFI? biggrin.png

They will be with the free rubber trees we put in for 5 years ago. When the wife enquired as to when we were getting them she was informed we had already received our allocation!!!!!!

Yet another prime example of Vote-Buying" - plain & simple ! ! !

So? Doing good things for the country and its citizens does help to get votes, but what's wrong with that? That's the way an elected government is supposed to work, so no need to make something sinister out of it.

I get it at my condo. It is a pain, hard to argue with free though. Maybe they log foreigners off before Thais, I don't know. Easy decision to just pay 600 baht a month for a real connection though. I guess if you use a mobile device it really makes sense. And just totally forget about torrents on it, which is probably fair of course.

Edited by isawasnake

there seems to be multiple ict free services so when you get a user id and password from AIS can you use it with True free wifi? Also no one mentioned you need to signup each month for the service

As far as my ex GF knows you can only get free time once. When ex did apply they offered her a whopping 30 minutes free according to her, after that i do not know..and she didnt even bother to look again

But i would not be suprise if this is just another political publicity scam via Thaksin style. I can see they have those green internet access signs on nearly every bus stop around Bangkok..must of cost millions

Whoever or whoevers family it is that owns the company that got these contracts to supply and put in all those signs must have made some big BIG baht whistling.gif

This is a cruel joke that is being reaped on the people. They can't provide usable ADSL service let alone free Wi-Fi to the whole country. I have tried it in Chiang Rai city and you can never get a signal. I used my wife's ID card for the password. I think if you could get on it would be low quality and cut in and out frequently. With this approach the ADSL will probably be a lot worse than it is now. The bandwidth is already choked to death on the simple line that they route to Chiang Mai and then to Bangkok. It seems crazy and not practical. When do you get something from the government free?

This is a cruel joke that is being reaped on the people. They can't provide usable ADSL service let alone free Wi-Fi to the whole country. I have tried it in Chiang Rai city and you can never get a signal. I used my wife's ID card for the password. I think if you could get on it would be low quality and cut in and out frequently. With this approach the ADSL will probably be a lot worse than it is now. The bandwidth is already choked to death on the simple line that they route to Chiang Mai and then to Bangkok. It seems crazy and not practical. When do you get something from the government free?

Mate!Are you sure - that you know what wi-fi is?

It is similar to - cordless phone.It works close to base station,close - means very near,not more then 50 mtrs at best.

You have to know the location of these base station,known as wi-fi hot spots and you have to go there with your equipment - whatever it is:

laptop,tablet or smart phone.

Government hotspots are located in gov. offices,schools,reading rooms,waiting rooms etc.

ChiangRai is quite big city so - you will not bump into hotspot by chance - you need to know precise location,there you will see clearly

sign: "Wi-Fi".