Myanmar Business Visa Form - Download For Bangkok Embassy

This is the current Business Entry Visa form for the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok.

Unlike the Tourist Visa form, this is single sided.

Its slightly longer than an A4 sheet (legal sized) so you may need to shrink it to print, although most printer dialogues will allow you to 'shrink to page'

Ratsima's visa application procedures are still the most current:

I'll check up on the price again for a standard 70 day single entry and post here later.

post-136-0-04730700-1355628237_thumb.jpg

As at 17th December 2012 - current pricing for a 70 day single entry Business Visa through the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok is 1,440 baht with a 2 day turnaround.

Express (same day - apply morning 09:00-12:00, collect afternoon 15:30-16:30 - must show ticket for travel) will set you back 2,150 baht.

This information directly from the consular section at the embassy in Thanon Pan, Bangkok.

• 2 months later...

Are there any multiple-entry business visas? While the idea of a 70-day visa is nice, for my business that's far more than necessary. Instead, I would prefer a multiple entry visa allowing a couple of entries within a period of a few months - each trip to Myanmar would only be about a week or 10 days at most.

Are there any multiple-entry business visas? While the idea of a 70-day visa is nice, for my business that's far more than necessary. Instead, I would prefer a multiple entry visa allowing a couple of entries within a period of a few months - each trip to Myanmar would only be about a week or 10 days at most.

There are certainly multiple entry business visas available. Best to talk to the staff at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok, they are very helpful and will assist you.

Generally there are a couple of ways to 'upgrade' to a multiple entry biz visa -

1. After you have had several single entry business visas issued, you can ask the staff to issue a longer stay visa with multiple entries. You should be able to provide relevant company documents/supporting letters etc.

2. If you are working with a government enterprise, or a local company with good government links - have them apply for it on your behalf (or provide you with letters to give to the embassy)

The holy grail of business visas for Myanmar is something called a MJSRV - a Multiple Journey Special Re-entry Visa. This, coupled with a stay permit - means you can stay for up to a year (coupled with a Stay Permit), and travel in and out as much as you like.

• 2 months later...

Just to update you all I used this application form from this forum to apply for a one year multiple entry Business Visa (MJEV). On April 30th 2013

Cost me 10,340 baht. Was processed by the next afternoon. This is what I needed.

• invitation letter from Burmese company (I had them include in it a request for the MJEV)
  • Burmese company's registration document
  • two passport photos (one glued to the application form)
  • completed business visa application form (found above in this topic)
  • copy of the bio page of my passport
  • my passport
  • 10,340 baht cash (next day processing)

I had previously obtained a one year one in Australia last year so I showed them that one and they gave me one this time too.

Have to queue with everyone (tourist and business visa), go to counter 4 where they check your forms and find out what you want. Then they give you a number and you wait for the number to be called for the business counter 1. Tell them when you want it back and then pay your money and get a receipt.

Go back when arranged between 3.30 and 4.30 and pick up your passport and MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IT! Mine was marked as S for single and I told the guy and he said sorry and proceeded to white out the S with liquid paper and write M in pen and sign it. That guy is normally pretty grumpy, but having seen the mistake he was very quick to fix it up and repeated how sorry he was. The valid from and valid till shows a year so will see how it goes in Yangon.

Thanks to all the people who have posted on this forum for the information I needed and the forms. It saved me time because I had forgotten about the need to photocopy my passport bio page.

It is a pity the embassy cannot put this stuff on a website of their own like they do in http://www.mecanberra.org/ or other Myanmar Embassies elsewhere. But even the Australian Embassy in Yangon is useless in this regards if you wanted information about getting a visa to go to Australia. It seems that all embassies lack an understanding of customer service and do not want to make life easier by providing information on the web.

How many times have you had to waste a trip across a big city to find out information that should be readily available on the web?

How many embassies have you called to find a full answering machine and no one ever answers the phone? How many times have you emailed them in advance and never received a reply?

Anyway with the information here you may save yourself time and increase the efficiency of your application.

• 1 month later...

Just to update you all I used this application form from this forum to apply for a one year multiple entry Business Visa (MJEV). On April 30th 2013

Cost me 10,340 baht. Was processed by the next afternoon. This is what I needed.

• invitation letter from Burmese company (I had them include in it a request for the MJEV)
  • my passport

I had previously obtained a one year one in Australia last year so I showed them that one and they gave me one this time too.

Have to queue with everyone (tourist and business visa), go to counter 4 where they check your forms and find out what you want. Then they give you a number and you wait for the number to be called for the business counter 1. Tell them when you want it back and then pay your money and get a receipt.

Go back when arranged between 3.30 and 4.30 and pick up your passport and MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IT! Mine was marked as S for single and I told the guy and he said sorry and proceeded to white out the S with liquid paper and write M in pen and sign it. That guy is normally pretty grumpy, but having seen the mistake he was very quick to fix it up and repeated how sorry he was. The valid from and valid till shows a year so will see how it goes in Yangon.

Thanks to all the people who have posted on this forum for the information I needed and the forms. It saved me time because I had forgotten about the need to photocopy my passport bio page.

It is a pity the embassy cannot put this stuff on a website of their own like they do in http://www.mecanberra.org/ or other Myanmar Embassies elsewhere. But even the Australian Embassy in Yangon is useless in this regards if you wanted information about getting a visa to go to Australia. It seems that all embassies lack an understanding of customer service and do not want to make life easier by providing information on the web.

How many times have you had to waste a trip across a big city to find out information that should be readily available on the web?

How many embassies have you called to find a full answering machine and no one ever answers the phone? How many times have you emailed them in advance and never received a reply?

Anyway with the information here you may save yourself time and increase the efficiency of your application.

Hi Greg, in order to qualify for a one year multiple entry business visa, don't you first have to had three single business visas in your passport?

Thanks,

Stephan

Yes in order to get a one year MJEV you will need to first get a few single entry business visas.

I had 4 before I gave it a go with the one year one but I do not know what the real criteria is.

If you have an invite from a Govt. Authority you may find that is not a condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Greg,

Thank you so much for these useful information. Really - a lot of trouble would be saved, and a lot of goodwill for Myanmar would be created, if their embassies were to get around posting reliable information on the procedures on the web.

One question:

The Myanmar embassy in Vietnam, for instance, requests to see a Vietnamese work permit and certificate of temporary residence if a non-Vietnamese applies for a visa, and Myanmar embassies in other countries have similar rules in place. I understand that Bangkok is the exception - at least a tourist visa everybody gets, but I'm not sure about business visas. Did you have a Thai work/stay permit when you applied or was it not necessary?

One question:

The Myanmar embassy in Vietnam, for instance, requests to see a Vietnamese work permit and certificate of temporary residence if a non-Vietnamese applies for a visa, and Myanmar embassies in other countries have similar rules in place. I understand that Bangkok is the exception - at least a tourist visa everybody gets, but I'm not sure about business visas. Did you have a Thai work/stay permit when you applied or was it not necessary?

A Thai work permit is not required for a Myanmar Business Visa to be issued to a foreign national at the embassy in Bangkok.

Please see this thread here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/612934-thai-work-permit-for-myanmar-business-visa/#entry6031211

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Greg,

Thank you so much for these useful information. Really - a lot of trouble would be saved, and a lot of goodwill for Myanmar would be created, if their embassies were to get around posting reliable information on the procedures on the web.

One question:

No I dont work or live in Thailand. I live in Myanmar. I have taught myself to spell bureaucracy because it explains it all. I have a friend working in vietnam that mentioned the extra requirements there just for a tourist visa. Bangkok embassy, I have used it for over 30 years, has always done the job with the minimum of fuss. Bureaucrats are not interested in customer service they are basically covering their jobs. (other words fit there but I thought I would be polite). I tell them they could be more efficient and go home earlier but it doesnt work. I have experienced it in all countries and at all levels in all bureaucracies.

I must say I find it surprising that a Myanmar embassy would ask for a local work permit and residency (as posted by sebxyz).

I have never used the embassy in Vietnam - but have experience obtaining Myanmar visas in several countries around SE Asia (none of which I resided or worked in).

Would like to hear from other members who have experienced this.

• 5 months later...

Well not being EU/US or Australian/Japanese (first world) they might require work permit to be sure you are not using the visiting embassy to avoid due process at the proper (embassy/consulate in your native country) location. Lack of reciprocal visa regimes could cause such hurdles :(

• 2 months later...

Exactly what letters are required for a Myanmar business visa application? Some embassies seem to require two. e.g. the embassy in Australia has this printed on their Business Visa web page:

1. Letter of request from applicant’s company: Type of business, applicant’s name, passport details, position in company and TRAVEL DATES must be included
  2. Letter of Invitation from Myanmar company/enterprise/organisation and a copy of company registration certificate

For the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok, is only one enough, and which one? I assume that only the second is required. Not all applicants would be an employee in a company.

I assume that there must be a hand-written signature on the letters. I don't think the letters need to have company letterhead or stamp but correct me if I'm wrong.

Can it be a scanned and printed version, or must it be original signed version? If the original version is required then that would be quite inconvenient (e.g. we'd need to have the document sent via the physical mail system from Myanmar to Thailand).

Is the copy of the Myanmar company registration certificate required? The embassy in Bangkok does not specify it.

I've been entering Myanmar on tourist visas as I've only been needing to stay for around a couple of weeks at a time. It's quite a hassle to have to apply for the visa before every single trip. A multiple entry business visa might make things easier, so I'm now looking into it (but I know that I'd have to get at least 2 single entry business visas first).

hyperdimension

No straight forward answer to this - as you have said there are different requirements stated by the embassies in different countries

From my experience - scans/copies of the letters & company registration are fine.

In practical terms, for the Bangkok embassy at least - a business visa can be applied for with just an official looking letter (that is, showing a Myanmar company letterhead and details/address in English and Burmese).

This is my recommendation - get the invitation letter written in both English and Burmese, on a company letterhead. Make it easier for the embassy by having the letter addressed to yourself by the company person/official, and have it specify dates that they want you to visit. (once the visa is issued there is leeway in your arrival date, so just aim for rough dates if you don't know exactly when you are going or haven't booked a ticket yet)

If the company can supply a scan of their company registration stamps (this will always be in Burmese) then attach a copy of this as well.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

SVB

• 1 month later...

hyperdimension

No straight forward answer to this - as you have said there are different requirements stated by the embassies in different countries

From my experience - scans/copies of the letters & company registration are fine.

In practical terms, for the Bangkok embassy at least - a business visa can be applied for with just an official looking letter (that is, showing a Myanmar company letterhead and details/address in English and Burmese).

This is my recommendation - get the invitation letter written in both English and Burmese, on a company letterhead. Make it easier for the embassy by having the letter addressed to yourself by the company person/official, and have it specify dates that they want you to visit. (once the visa is issued there is leeway in your arrival date, so just aim for rough dates if you don't know exactly when you are going or haven't booked a ticket yet)

If the company can supply a scan of their company registration stamps (this will always be in Burmese) then attach a copy of this as well.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

SVB

To add to what SVB has said, an email addressed to you from your Myanmar business partner specifying why and when you are needed in Myanmar, and a printed copy of a scan or pdf of the Myanmar language registration document for the business should suffice to support your visa application at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok, or travel agent that arranges Myanmar visas in the Silom Road area.

The same should theoretically also work if you are planning to do a single entry business visa on arrival at Yangon or Mandalay International. I have never tried the visa on arrival but I understand it costs USD50 so that might save a trip to and from the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok. Perhaps others have experiences with the business visa on arrival procedure?

To add to what SVB has said, an email addressed to you from your Myanmar business partner specifying why and when you are needed in Myanmar, and a printed copy of a scan or pdf of the Myanmar language registration document for the business should suffice to support your visa application at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok, or travel agent that arranges Myanmar visas in the Silom Road area.

The same should theoretically also work if you are planning to do a single entry business visa on arrival at Yangon or Mandalay International. I have never tried the visa on arrival but I understand it costs USD50 so that might save a trip to and from the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok. Perhaps others have experiences with the business visa on arrival procedure?

Thanks for your post Dibbler.

I have done the Business Visa on Arrival before. As with other topics I should point out to first time readers that currently for Myanmar, a "Visa On Arrival" is actually in most cases a pre-arranged visa approval which is then issued on arrival. For me, the company in Yangon first applied to the relevant ministry in advance of my trip along with my passport details and itinerary.

I had to talk my way on to the flight from DMK in Bangkok, as at that time it was still difficult to check in without a visa stamp actually in your passport. (last year)

I had anticipated this and was armed with supporting documents, including one in English I had written myself on company letter stating that my business visa had been approved and would be waiting for collection on my arrival to Yangon airport.

I had:

- Company registration in Myanmar

- Invitation letter on company letterhead in both Myanmar and English

- Previous Business visas in my passport (an airline supervisor asked to see these before I was allowed to finally check in)

Cost was USD$50 on arrival at Yangon airport (down the escalators, turn left, and the booth is on the right side before you get to the immigration counters.

Cheers

SVB

• 1 month later...

Ok just to update some information here. I have just applied for my next one year MJEV. on 18 June 2014

All the information above is still current. There is a great improvement to the Myanmar embassy website and the forms and information has been greatly improved. (Maybe they read our comments, If they want more help then please PM me. :) See the links below. But reading their information forms the only mistakes in it are small.

You need only fill out one application form and stick one photo on it.

You need to give them one other passport photo loose or secured with a paper clip.

If you read right to the end of their info document it says you need a copy of the bio page of your passport.

So you could miss this if you had not read the posts above.

Cost is 10000 kyats if you pick up in 2 days. Did not check the next day option or same day option price this time as I had to stay in Bangkok for a few weeks.

I went in at 9.45 am was out in about 1 hour with receipt to pick up passport.

http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/

http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/APPLICATION-FOR-ENTRY-BUSINESS-VISA.pdf

http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ME-BKK-VISA-Infor.pdf

Thanks Greg,

Updates and info like this are always appreciated.

Was the MJEV a stamp or sticker this time?

I processed a bunch of passports for tourist visas last month and they had switched from the full page stickers with a pixelated photo, back to old school ink stamps. Just wondering if this was the same for the MJEV's now.

Just picked it up and yes they have reverted to a stamped visa.

I added up the token boards they are taking about 800 applications per day.

I think 322 tourist not Thai.

About 350 tourists Thai nationals.

They also made a mistake again this year with the dates. This time they wrote down a 6 month date instead of 12 months, but he spotted it before giving it to me.

With regards to letters. I have always used the original invitation letter in English only on sponsoring companies letterhead and signed.

Myanmar company registration is just a photocopy.

• my passport

Hi, thanks for this information on the MJEV application process. I wondered if you had an update on the cost of this visa in 2014 through the Bangkok Myanmar Embassy?

@Dibbler you must have not seen my update above for 2014. Post is #18 and #20. Cost is still 10000baht for 3 days pickup, but dont know what the express charge is. I expect it has not changed either.

I applied for an MJEV based on your suggestion. I was in at 9.30am after picking up an application form outside on the street, in the queue with my completed application form, and out within 45 minutes. I presented with my application copies of 3 x single entry business visas, and 1 x 6-month multi-entry, plus a copy of the bio page of my passport, a laser printed copy (B/W) of my organization's registration certificate, and a letter of invitation from my office in Yangon, specifically requesting a 12-month multi-entry MJEV. The gruff man sitting behind counter 1 just shook his head when I asked for a 12-month multi-entry. So the result was they issued me a 6-month multi-entry business visa for 7,200THB, issued in 2 days. Good enough. I will try for the holy grail MJEV next time...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok just to update some information here. I have just applied for my next one year MJEV. on 18 June 2014

All the information above is still current. There is a great improvement to the Myanmar embassy website and the forms and information has been greatly improved. (Maybe they read our comments, If they want more help then please PM me. :) See the links below. But reading their information forms the only mistakes in it are small.

You need only fill out one application form and stick one photo on it.

You need to give them one other passport photo loose or secured with a paper clip.

If you read right to the end of their info document it says you need a copy of the bio page of your passport.

So you could miss this if you had not read the posts above.

Cost is 10000 kyats if you pick up in 2 days. Did not check the next day option or same day option price this time as I had to stay in Bangkok for a few weeks.

I went in at 9.45 am was out in about 1 hour with receipt to pick up passport.

http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/

http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/APPLICATION-FOR-ENTRY-BUSINESS-VISA.pdf

http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ME-BKK-VISA-Infor.pdf

Hi Greg, is the one-year biz visa fee changed from 10,340 BAHT (May 2013) to 10,000 KYAT now? Is there a multiple-entry tourist visa available? Thanks!

Hi I think you will find fees are unchanged with 10,000 baht for 1 year non express pick up two days later.

10,340 baht is for semi-express next day pick up.

Same day pickup will be more.

There is no multiple entry tourist visa as far as I know, but check the embassy website I have linked above.

@Dibbler you must have not seen my update above for 2014. Post is #18 and #20. Cost is still 10000baht for 3 days pickup, but dont know what the express charge is. I expect it has not changed either.

I applied for an MJEV based on your suggestion. I was in at 9.30am after picking up an application form outside on the street, in the queue with my completed application form, and out within 45 minutes. I presented with my application copies of 3 x single entry business visas, and 1 x 6-month multi-entry, plus a copy of the bio page of my passport, a laser printed copy (B/W) of my organization's registration certificate, and a letter of invitation from my office in Yangon, specifically requesting a 12-month multi-entry MJEV. The gruff man sitting behind counter 1 just shook his head when I asked for a 12-month multi-entry. So the result was they issued me a 6-month multi-entry business visa for 7,200THB, issued in 2 days. Good enough. I will try for the holy grail MJEV next time...

Sorry you didnt get a 1 year one. I have had 3 in a row. The first one was done in Aust. The other two in Bangkok. They made a mistake with the date and automatically put 6 months on mine but they picked it up and changed it to 12 months. So I think 6 months is maybe the best you can get there without a precedent. But if others have some experience and report them here we may someday recognise a pattern. Anyway you make me feel lucky.

I also have just processed a stay permit visa extension for a foreign buddhist monk living in Myanmar. In the past they used to give 1 years extensions for buddhist monks on meditation visas but this has changed to a 3 month, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year set of stages which is the same as social visit stages now. If you leave you have to start this process again. It will generate more revenue for them.

Your 6 month business visa will also generate more revenue costing 14400 for a year. Plus your other expenses for travel and logistics as compared to a 10000 baht. 1 year visa. I have just had four other Thais I know get 1 year MJEV as well from Bangkok Embassy just to confuse the issue. So why it is like this I have no idea.

• 3 months later...

u can also apply online at myanmarvisa dot com

I have one friend that teaches at the international school inn Yangon, he has a 1 year visa but still needs to fly out every 90 days

another ones wife works for Carlsberg ( there setting up a new brewery in Yangon) he has a 1 year visa as well and does not need to leave,

Archived