No More Non-B Multiple Visas From Kuala Lumpur

NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS

No more NON-B multiple visas from Kuala Lumpur

KUALA LUMPUR (Thaivisa.com): -- The Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, announces and today confirms to thaivisa.com that the Embassy is no longer issuing Non-Immigrant Category "B" visas with Multiple entries.

The visa type Non-Immigrant "B" with Multiple entries is a very common visa used by foreigners with a work permit in Thailand.

For other visa options, check out Reports of getting a visa in the region:

tvn.png

-- 2012-12-17

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can confirm this as was refused a 1 year multiple entry visa on Friday. First time in 6 years it has been refused

The lady behind the counter said that now all renewals had to be done in Thailand (???) and that I could renew my non imm B every 3 months in Phuket (or Bangkok).

Assuming she meant the extension for stay option that does not require a renewed non imm B visa I pointed out that my salary was not the 50,000 baht per month required for this to which she replied that it was not the same thing and that I could do that or the new system

Also said that if I needed to leave the country before my 3 months were up and come back I could get a "re-entry permit" from immigration.

Totally confusing but provided the local immigration authorities have been told of the new system and are up to speed with it this could mean no more annual visa runs to KL and to the border every 3 months

Off to immigration next week to test the system as need to go to Langkawi in early Jan

• Like 1

The writing is on the wall folks... Last year the crackdown (against the innocent) for the the dependant visa (for those who are mothers/fathers of Thai children). Now the multiple B - which is a VERY popular visa.

Time to wake up and realize that Thailand does not want and welcome foreigners.

We are all just living on borrowed time and/or in delusion about how we can live in "paradise" long time!

Remain here at your own risk. Buy property/assets at your own risk. Get established here at your own risk.

Just like Uganda, Thailand will probably expel all foreigners within the next 10 years and forcibly confiscate all assets!

Your embassy does not help now, they will do nothing then too!

However, never doubt the resolve of the clever Thai Visa members...Ways are found, and the game continues..

• Like 2

I thought this was par for the course around this region, and that if you wanted a multi entry that you had to travel to your home country.

This year, in July, I was refused a multi entry Non-B in my home country (Hungary), they talked about a new regulation by which no embassy anywhere will issue a multi-entry visa anymore, only single entry.

I thought this was par for the course around this region, and that if you wanted a multi entry that you had to travel to your home country.

This year, in July, I was refused a multi entry Non-B in my home country (Hungary), they talked about a new regulation by which no embassy anywhere will issue a multi-entry visa anymore, only single entry.

I was just offered a multiple entry non-B in the U.S., unless it has changed in the last 3 weeks.

pacovl46, on 2012-12-17 15:15:17, said:

Well, one can always get a single entry and then go to the immigration in BKK for example and get a multiple entry permit there.

There is no such thing as a multiple entry permit. If you are thinking of a multi re-entry permit that does not provide any more time to a 90 day entry - it only allows travel and return during that 90 days.

The writing is on the wall folks... Last year the crackdown (against the innocent) for the the dependant visa (for those who are mothers/fathers). Now the multiple B - which is a VERY popular visa.

We are all just living on borrowed time and/or in delusion about how we can live in "paradise" long time!

Remain here at your own risk. Buy property/assets at your own risk. Get established here at your own risk.

Just like Uganda, Thailand will probably expel all foreigners within the next 10 years and forcibly confiscate all assets!

You can't get a dependent visa now as father / mother to a Thai child?

As per the last time, you have to be married and then the visa goes on marriage. If you have divorced/split-up or have an nasty Thai wife, to get the visa to be with your Thai son/daughter is VERY hard.

Edited by AngryParent

The writing is on the wall folks... Last year the crackdown (against the innocent) for the the dependant visa (for those who are mothers/fathers of Thai children). Now the multiple B - which is a VERY popular visa.

I agree, how long will it be till they stop the multi entry retirement visa as it would be a right pain going to the immigration office to get a re entry permit all the time?

Well, one can always get a single entry and then go to the immigration in BKK for example and get a multiple entry permit there.

And please tell what that would do? How would that benefit you as the multi entry permit is only valid as long as the entry so 90 days

Edited by beano2274

I'm sure that most of us go to our local immigration office one a year and renew our Non immigration type B or O visa, pay the Baht 1,900 plus the apropriate paperwork and then pay the Baht 3800 for the multiple re-entry visa!

What's the problem?

The problem is not everyone meets the requirements for extension of stay - money paid by nationality or company tax records available for last year are to most often not met.

I'm sure that most of us go to our local immigration office one a year and renew our Non immigration type B or O visa, pay the Baht 1,900 plus the apropriate paperwork and then pay the Baht 3800 for the multiple re-entry visa!

What's the problem? whistling.gif

Many legal, work permit holding foreign employees do not qualify for an extension based on employment. Either through too low salary, or an employer not qualifying.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

I was just offered a multiple entry non-B in the U.S., unless it has changed in the last 3 weeks.

Assuming that you are a US citizen, what Embassy or Consulate offered this.

I'm sure that most of us go to our local immigration office one a year and renew our Non immigration type B or O visa, pay the Baht 1,900 plus the appropriate paperwork and then pay the Baht 3800 for the multiple re-entry visa!

Maybe some have problems with the seasoned lump sum in the Thai bank, in overseas bank or combination thereof and/or the proof of income, pension or whatever.

What's the problem?

The problem is not everyone meets the requirements for extension of stay - money paid by nationality or company tax records available for last year are to most often not met.

You have summed it up!

This basically means that the maximum stay for MANY on work visas will be 90 days.

And if the strict and famous work visa is restricted... what about the tourist visa - 7/14/30??? What about pensioners and those who are spouses?

All foreigners MAXIMUM stay 7-30 days per year soon?

Edited by AngryParent
  • Like 1

Many legal, work permit holding foreign employees do not qualify for an extension based on employment. Either through too low salary, or an employer not qualifying.

Do you mean the employer does not qualify cause of a new company?

All employers qualify unless they are new as far as I am led to believe.

Do you mean the employer does not qualify cause of a new company?

All employers qualify unless they are new as far as I am led to believe.

Correct, it's mainly upstart companies having this issue.

Depending on what time of the year the company started working, it can be anywhere between 1 and 2 years before they can supply audited book keeping to supply 1 year extension of stay for foreign employees.

And theoretically if an existing company had a bad year (low revenue) immigration could make an issue out of it as well and refuse an extension.

With KL becoming a single-entry visa venue, I can imagine Savannakhet suddenly becoming very, very busy. Until they toe the new line of course.

Just came back from savannakhet yesterday night . Got myself a only 15days extension ...

Why did you only get 15 days, seems above you were mentioning about marriage to a Thai national.

• Like 1