Phitsanulok Airport Parking

Krub

Hi,

I need to go to Bangkok for 2-3 days and am considering leaving my new Civic at the aiprort parking (unatended I am sure).

Would you do it ?

Any other idea to leave the car in a more safe place ?

Thanks

Why not just pay the 200 baht each way taxi fare from anywhere in Phitlok and leave the car safely at home. That's pretty ###### cheap for piece of mind. I can PM you a trustworthy taxi contact if you wish (a few of them).

Hi,

I need to go to Bangkok for 2-3 days and am considering leaving my new Civic at the aiprort parking (unatended I am sure).

Would you do it ?

Any other idea to leave the car in a more safe place ?

Thanks

Whoops, just saw your vitals on side of page, seems you might be from Uttradit, now I understand.

Thanks for our replies.

Would it be safer to leave it in a hotel parking in town and take a taxi from there and back ?

Any suggestions ?

Could leave it at Topland Hotel (parking ramp) or the Amarin (open parking lot but covers over the car). Then simply take their respective shuttles. Both shuttles also pick you up at airport and are always there when the flights come in. Topland parking lot gets a lot of traffic in and out because of the shopping mall and lots of traffic at night because of night club/karaoke in the hotel. Lots of local "wailun" and students. Could be a problem. Amarin traffic is relegated to guests and people going to pool or workout. You can just pull in there during the day, usually not too many people unless they are having a conference. Those are the two places I know best.

Could leave it at Topland Hotel (parking ramp) or the Amarin (open parking lot but covers over the car). Then simply take their respective shuttles. Both shuttles also pick you up at airport and are always there when the flights come in. Topland parking lot gets a lot of traffic in and out because of the shopping mall and lots of traffic at night because of night club/karaoke in the hotel. Lots of local "wailun" and students. Could be a problem. Amarin traffic is relegated to guests and people going to pool or workout. You can just pull in there during the day, usually not too many people unless they are having a conference. Those are the two places I know best.

Thanks for the info, sounds much better than the 'lonely' airport parking

Whoops, just saw your vitals on side of page, seems you might be from Uttradit, now I understand.

We, too, take the plane when arriving in, or when flying to Don Muang in order to leave, the country.

But for those 2-3 day trips to BKK, we always take the night train to and from Uttradit:

Leaving Uttradit 22.18 and arriving BKK 6.25; leaving BKK 21.30 and arriving Uttradit 5.48

We always book a sleeper of course, so we arrive well rested with the whole day in front of us.

The considerable difference in expense, the extra space and not having to worry about parking spaces or any additional concerns about travelling to and from the airports, makes us choose this way every time.

We, too, take the plane when arriving in, or when flying to Don Muang in order to leave, the country.

But for those 2-3 day trips to BKK, we always take the night train to and from Uttradit:

Leaving Uttradit 22.18 and arriving BKK 6.25; leaving BKK 21.30 and arriving Uttradit 5.48

We always book a sleeper of course, so we arrive well rested with the whole day in front of us.

The considerable difference in expense, the extra space and not having to worry about parking spaces or any additional concerns about travelling to and from the airports, makes us choose this way every time.

Hi,

Thanks for your sugestion. Could you describe the experience ?

Is the sleeper a compartment or just bunk beds ? What about luggage space ? Cost ? Noise and safety on board ?