Abhisit, Suthep Could Face 700 Charges Of Attempted Murder: Tarit

webfact

POLITICS

DSI to meet Wednesday to expedite cases against Abhisit

The Nation

30196377-01_big.jpg

File photo : Tharit

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation chief will on Wednesday hold a meeting of DSI and police investigators to speed up over 700 murder attempt cases against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban.

DSI Director General Tarit Pengdith said he would hold the meeting at 9 am to tell DSI and police investigators to speed up checking documents in the cases of the people being shot and injured in April and May 2010.

Tarit said the investigators would later review the cases with public prosecutors before raising murder attempt charges against Abhisit and Suthep.

Tarit said the investigators have been told to separate the cases of 1,500 injured people into cases of people with severe injuries and minor injuries. Abhisit and Suthep would be charged with murder attempt charges in the cases of severe injuries and they would face physical assault charges for the remaining cases.

A well-informed DSI source said there were about 700 severely injured people in 2010 political violence so Abhist and Suthep would face up to 700 cases of murder attempts.

The source said Tarit ordered investigators to divide the cases of injuries into four groups based on dates and locations. The first group involved people injured at the Kokwua Intersection on April 10 2010. The second, third and fourth groups involved people injured on May 13 to 19 2010 at Rajprasong, Bon Kai, Din Daeng and Phayathai.

Tarit said the DSI might wait until the next parliamentary session expires on April 19 2013 before charging Abhisit and Suthep in the murder attempt cases.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-18

• Like 1

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ peaceful protesters....

I remember watching one red shirt guy in the park from my office window, he was standing there letting off fireworks , all on his own, sort of a one man banger show.

A little later, I found that at the same time, someone had been lobbing grenades onto the BTS.

Can't beat a good diversion.

Hope he was one of the 90.

• Like 1

This is obviously completely insane, but for the life of me i don't see the point of it. Even if they are trying to pressure them into agreeing to amnesty for TS, everyone knows people with power never go to jail and these cases could be dragged on for 50 years. Just a complete waste of everyone's time.

The point?

Headlines, Thaksin is going to laugh his head off when he sees the headline on international press "Thailand's Ex-PM charged with 700 cases of premeditated murder"

• Like 2

Thaksin and his army of acolytes must be seriously desperate to smear Abhisit to be trying to pin all this on him, I really do hope it all blows up in thier faces and the curtain of deception is lifted so all can see what is really going on.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

700 charges a possiblity eh !

I,d like to add a few figures to the offences mentioned in relation to Thaksin for comparisons and offer the following thoughts.

That still falls obscenely short of the 2500 EKJ,s Thaksin oversaw being committed on his much publised orders, during this the most appalling of his infamous inhuman rights violations in this instance.

THis would / will still leave a minimum of 1800 unanswered ones to take into consideration, based not on ridiculous trumped up charges but factual evidence that is still available.

That is by the way only accounting for official figures and is well less than the actual murders committed which would be upwards of many more of course in real terms.

Then they can add Tak Bai attrocities committed under his supervision which was 85 murders and incidently in itself is 12 short of the 2010 deaths for obsevational purposes, but responsiblity again in this case in the first instance can be attached directly to Thaksins negligence / watch.

The latter in the case of 2010 cannot be viewed as negligence IMHO as it was the outcome of self inflicted consequences brought on by the out of control red shirt mobs and surprise surprise, their overseer / leader Thaksin ect. ect.

Abhisit and Suthep in this case were acting out of regard to national security and prevention of ancharistical outcome ect. ect. that were developing, out of control before their timely intervention.

It is most certainly a political travesty what is now unfolding, hopefully as already noted it should come back to haunt him and them who are acting on his behalf, with a vengeance.

marshbags mellow.png and mad.gif

Edited by marshbags
  • Like 2

I think that it is the best news I have read in a long while. Heads of state should be held accountable for their acts. If this was done more often then there would be far fewer dead people in the world. The protests in Bangkok were peaceful, there was no danger, except from the military. As for the military in Thailand, Australia or anywhere else involving itself in civil affairs—this should never be done. The military are responsible for carrying out the actions of the psychotics who run the world.

If anyone is interested in reading a book on this subject, Geoff Robertson "

And who is responsible for safe guarding democracy when the police will do nothing except stand and watch.

Take an honest look at what happened.

I am sure you will agree with me that had Abhist been the kind of leader you are talking about the protest would have ended in two days win thousands dead.

Words and books are wonderful but they quite often do not depict reality.

When the show is run by clowns it becomes a circus. This is really exceptionally stupid even in LOS (Land Of Stupid).

These idiotic charges, if successful, will prevent any Thai leader from ever taking action against any kind of situation or protest that requires police or military force to control it. Nice move Puea Thai, you just neutered your leaders. Wait, is Yingluck exempt from neutering?

Exactly

Thailand the land of violence. No repercussions because you can be charged with being a criminal.