Drink-Binge British Tourist, 47, Dies In Thai Hotel Room After Girlfriend Flew Home Following Row

webfact

Drink-binge British tourist, 47, 'dies in Thai hotel room after girlfriend flew home following row'

Carsten Denbigh reportedly found on floor in room in Wang Krachae, Muang

He had visited Ko Mak island in Trat one week ago but later went to Muang

By MARK DUELL

A British tourist was today found dead in a hotel room in Thailand after allegedly going on a drinking binge after he broke-up with his girlfriend.

TRAT: -- The man, named locally as Carsten Denbigh, was found kneeling on the floor with his body resting on a bed in a room this afternoon in Wang Krachae, Muang district, according to reports.

The 47-year-old's body was found on the floor but showed no injuries - and he had been dead for up to seven hours when found, police and doctors told the Bangkok Post.

Mr Denbigh and his British girlfriend visited the island of Koh Mak in Trat province one week ago - but his girlfriend stayed with him for two nights before returning to the UK after an argument, police said.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249910/British-tourist-Carsten-Denbigh-47-dead-Thailand-hotel-room.html

-- Mail Online 2012-12-18

footer_n.gif

Brit man found dead in Thailand hotel

By KAREN MORRISON

TRAT: -- A BRITISH man was found dead today in his room after a mammoth binge-drinking session in Thailand, reports say.

Carsten Denbigh was found in his hotel room in Wang Krachae, Muang district, after his relationship allegedly broke down.

He and his girlfriend had visited the island of Koh Mak a week ago and she stayed with him for two nights before returning to the UK after an argument, police said.

The 47-year-old’s body was found kneeling on the floor against a bed and was discovered up to seven hours after his death.

The holidaymaker had reportedly drunk heavily for several days before being sent to hospital for two days.

He was then released and taken to a city hotel by authorities because he had no money for transport.

Source: http://www.thesun.co...land-hotel.html

-- The Sun 2012-12-19

footer_n.gif

"Carsten Denbigh reportedly found on floor in room in Wang Krachae, Muang

He had visited Ko Mak island in Trat one week ago but later went to Muang"

"He had visited Ko Mak Island but later went to Muang"

Do the journalists who write these articles in the UK have any idea what they're talking about? Do they actually know what 'Muang' means?

• Like 1

Do the journalists who write these articles in the UK have any idea what they're talking about? Do they actually know what 'Muang' means?

No, they obviously don't. But that's not the point what journalists know and what not. A friend of mine killed himself with a gun in a similar situation.-wai2.gif

No, they obviously don't. But that's not the point what journalists know and what not. A friend of mine killed himself with a gun in a similar situation.-wai2.gif

It is actually the point as articles like this, devoid of fact and full of innuendo, are used to denigrate people without cause...

• Like 2

I am never surprised at the Daily Mail's low level of journalistic excellence. In the article they show a photo of a beach in the Similians. Did none of them think to look at the distances when using that library photo. Could they seriously not find an image of a beach in Trat province?

I wonder if the girlfriend will tell of a missing night in the run up to their bust-up? One where he crawled back in late/didn't make it back. I don't know anything more about the story than is written in the article, but this level of reaction from the ex tells me that this man had screwed it up BIG STYLE.

Poor Lad, wonder what his (ex) GF is thinking now....

Perhaps relief. Binge drinkers /alcoholics are not the ideal partners in life. If she left, she may have just had enough, In any case, it's not her problem.

Actually she robbed him and left him...The man was far too trustworthy and never laid a finger on anyone. So do not say things you do not know.

Poor Lad, wonder what his (ex) GF is thinking now....

Perhaps relief. Binge drinkers /alcoholics are not the ideal partners in life. If she left, she may have just had enough, In any case, it's not her problem.

Pretty harsh speculation if you have zero knowledge about the deceased or his situation.

• Like 1

Very sad that anything like this ever happens - no matter where.

I see a number of posts from people who knew him; he had friends, and I can only guess that maybe he intended to try to dull the pain he felt a little.

I didnt know him, but I would just like to send my condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 1

Carsten is the one on the left on the pic. taken last februari at Doi Suthep. Carsten lived for over 20 years in Chaing Mai so no tourist but was an expat. So you get more an idea of who he was and looked like..It hurts people saying things like alcoholic and being abusive. The man was not like that ever...

I feel very sorry for the poor man what really bothers me though is....

it was reported that the man was DUMPED "taken to a city hotel by authorities because he had no money"

It sounds like the authorities just performed a body dump.bah.gif

It doesn't sound like they dumped him at all. The report says that they took him to a hotel because he had no money for transport, i.e. they were doing him a favour and driving him to a hotel because he had no cash to pay for a taxi, not dumping him because he was potless. Edited by inthepink