' America's Most Wanted Deadbeat Dad' Arrested After Fleeing To Thailand

Boater

One of the reasons that the gov't is strict with support payments is that a lot of these children end up being supported by Welfare programs. They have no health insurance and end up covered under Medical Assistance programs. Very often this is only because of a vindictive parent.

Children who are on welfare, but who have parents who owe child support are pursued by the state, not the custodial parent.

I've known quite a few people who had court ordered child support payments. All of them were reasonable payments. The ones who get in trouble are the ones who get behind on those payments. Unlike a car, your children do not get repossessed if you don't make the payments.

Very true. Most child support obligations are extremely reasonable unless domestic or substance abuse history and father spends no time with child. If father spend minimum of 80 days or more a year with child, the support payments in US get much smaller.

I know from my experience that my child support payments were much less that what I actually spent on them while they were under my roof 24/7.

if you have 2 kids in Australia its 30% of your GROSS wage, so if you ear say 70,000 a year. You get taxed 35%. so that leaves you 45,000 a year. Minus child support leaves you roughly 24,000 a year. Doesnt leave much for the rent and groceries.

One of the reasons that the gov't is strict with support payments is that a lot of these children end up being supported by Welfare programs. They have no health insurance and end up covered under Medical Assistance programs. Very often this is only because of a vindictive parent.

Children who are on welfare, but who have parents who owe child support are pursued by the state, not the custodial parent.

I've known quite a few people who had court ordered child support payments. All of them were reasonable payments. The ones who get in trouble are the ones who get behind on those payments. Unlike a car, your children do not get repossessed if you don't make the payments.

Very true. Most child support obligations are extremely reasonable unless domestic or substance abuse history and father spends no time with child. If father spend minimum of 80 days or more a year with child, the support payments in US get much smaller.

I know from my experience that my child support payments were much less that what I actually spent on them while they were under my roof 24/7.

if you have 2 kids in Australia its 30% of your GROSS wage, so if you ear say 70,000 a year. You get taxed 35%. so that leaves you 45,000 a year. Minus child support leaves you roughly 24,000 a year. Doesnt leave much for the rent and groceries.

I'm not surprised at that, as Oz seems to be the most PC country on the planet, and men are constantly being portrayed as either incompetent buffoons or nasty pieces of work on ABC which I watch occasionally here in LOS.

I'm not surprised at that, as Oz seems to be the most PC country on the planet, and men are constantly being portrayed as either incompetent buffoons or nasty pieces of work on ABC which I watch occasionally here in LOS.

Where do people make up these figures from?

The calculation would take out a self support amount on the total BEFORE calculating your amount you need to pay.

Based on having two children on 70,000 a year, if the father has them 2 nights a week each, with NO OTHER child support payments income etc etc he would pay just under $9000 a year in support. hardly anywhere near 30%.

But don't believe me, do the estimate yourself:

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/child-support/child-support-payment/estimating-your-child-support-payments

I wish the courts took into account who left who. It does seem unfair when the guy is working away to make money and the lady has sex with another man and leaves the farther and he gets slapped with a ginormous payment. In Australia it is possible to owe more in child support than your gross income sad.png All I mean is that the system is hopelessly one sided and doesn't work int he kids best interest in many cases. With the Australian system, I can see why some men say , Duck It and just give up and live int he low income sector.

Disclaimer: I am not effected by it at all, but I have seen some cases recently that makes my head shake.

Sounds identical to the American System! Correct - the kids are given to the unfaithful mother no matter how dishonest/unstable/lazy... she is and the man is persecuted and sanctimoniously labelled "Deadbeat." sick.gifsick.gif

• 6 years later...

his mistake was thinking he needed a false passport. once he was out of the usa your likely not going to get extradited or questioned for something like child support. ill bet he left the usa on his real passport, then got a false one abroad.