BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
somo

Village Violence

Somo: "All the guys involved are farm workers but my mate runs his own team and has a tractor plus trailers etc and is always in work so is doing well."

Well having read through all 3 pages, this would be my observation: I live in a semi-rural area and it seems that one guy with a big Kubota tractor has the tractor services monopoly for at least a 1 km radius so maybe this has something more to do with your mate's tractor business than insults delivered by his wife.

Edited by JLCrab

Somo: "All the guys involved are farm workers but my mate runs his own team and has a tractor plus trailers etc and is always in work so is doing well."

Well having read through all 3 pages, this would be my observation: I live in a semi-rural area and it seems that one guy with a big Kubota tractor has the tractor services monopoly for at least a 1 km radius so maybe this has something more to do with your mate's tractor business than insults delivered by his wife.

Quite possibly jealousy played a part yes. There are plenty of tractors around but lots of them go back to the dealer after a year when payments cannot be made.

My mate has made his work when many were expecting/hoping he would be just like all the others and fail. These people have known each other from birth so when one has something others don't there is jealousy.

Having said that I think his wife's mouth really triggered it. That combined with a history of some sort.

Lickey

He suggested we not go specially to see him so I was not seen to be involved. I have said all along I would stay in the background as I cannot make a difference by actively getting involved. I can only offer advice which is why I started this thread (to get it myself from those who may have experience of this sort of thing).

Having said that he will be home soon so will see him at the new year and he will be welcome in my house.

Quite possibly jealousy played a part yes. There are plenty of tractors around but lots of them go back to the dealer after a year when payments cannot be made.

My mate has made his work when many were expecting/hoping he would be just like all the others and fail. These people have known each other from birth so when one has something others don't there is jealousy.

Having said that I think his wife's mouth really triggered it. That combined with a history of some sort.

Lickey

He suggested we not go specially to see him so I was not seen to be involved. I have said all along I would stay in the background as I cannot make a difference by actively getting involved. I can only offer advice which is why I started this thread (to get it myself from those who may have experience of this sort of thing).

Having said that he will be home soon so will see him at the new year and he will be welcome in my house.

I am currently in Bangkok and already have an armed guard at my house. Bit over the top I feel as there is no obvious link to me and only my 78 year old MIL + crazy alcholic BIL there. My wifes family are however taking it seriously. Will find out more over the New Year

Wish you a very Happy New Year. Don't forget to buy your BIL a drink or two.laugh.png

Edited by lostinisaan

Well Kuhn Somo you are there on the scene and I obviously am not -- but, if I had to deal with persons who would put someone they had known all their lives in the hospital with serious injuries solely because of that person's wife's verbal transgressions, I think I would start looking for a new place in Thailand to call home.

I would probably keep out of it but...... The devil in me would want to get involved and I would pay for justice to take place. Who cares we live we die. Have fun doing so.

I would probably keep out of it but...... The devil in me would want to get involved and I would pay for justice to take place. Who cares we live we die. Have fun doing so.

nice epitaph

You live in the Isle of Mann, not likely to see any AK tooting bad guys.

Have to laugh some of the time, had visitors, ex army, police and the alleged hard men who are not going to give an inch to some little Thais. See a few guys with rifles slung over their shoulder, then they can't get into their cars fast enough to get back to a city.

If you want to get involved, outside of the system, in the end it may will be up close and personal. People carry guns and people die, as said in another thread. Last year the border army recover 6 bodies near here and it's a big jungle out there.

Their rules not ours. Jim

Somo, thanks for your reply,,

I think the fella must of upset some people with his successful agri buisness, or undercut there rates or something like that, not a 100bht note, perhaps a bad-mouthing mrs yes,

So the poor sod took a beating, Hes going to heal and be home soon, Perhaps he meet with the other local tractor boys and organise a bit of sub-contracting for them, that way the work is shared and your mate makes a little money and doesnt get anymore beatings,

If the above is the case, then i think that would be the best advice you could offer him,,

Good Luck, & Happy New Year,

Somo, thanks for your reply,,

I think the fella must of upset some people with his successful agri buisness, or undercut there rates or something like that, not a 100bht note, perhaps a bad-mouthing mrs yes,

So the poor sod took a beating, Hes going to heal and be home soon, Perhaps he meet with the other local tractor boys and organise a bit of sub-contracting for them, that way the work is shared and your mate makes a little money and doesnt get anymore beatings,

If the above is the case, then i think that would be the best advice you could offer him,,

Good Luck, & Happy New Year,

Sometimes shit happens, been shot, stabbed, chained in a chair and beaten, renal detachments, more stitches than a a tailor would do in a month. That's life, move on, build a bridge and get ovr it.

OP not your problem, move on, or you will just have bad dreams and sit in the gun fighters chair [ back to the wall, watching the door ]

That goes for all, if it is not your wife and kids you are fighting for, step away, not worth dying or living in fear for.

Sorry on my 7th beer and ranting a bit. Jim

I trust thats 7 long necks there Jim, otherwise we might think you were a pommie pooftah that couldnt handle 7 schooners or midis or whatever they call them in Melbourne these days.

I trust thats 7 long necks there Jim, otherwise we might think you were a pommie pooftah that couldnt handle 7 schooners or midis or whatever they call them in Melbourne these days.

Yes real bottles not stubbies or cans. Think the sun burns my brain at times. Out hand watering coconuts for 4 or 5 hours,. First 3 long necks don't touch the sides, wife brings some food, but by then I am in the mood for drinking and post some drunken things.

On number 6 now, but ate early. It's a hard life. Jim

Quote JimC: "That goes for all, if it is not your wife and kids you are fighting for, step away, not worth dying or living in fear for."

For anyone not living in his country of citizenship, even if it is your wife and kids, just quickly get them and yourself the h-ll out of there.

If you really want to fight, maybe you can join the French Foreign Legion.

• Like 2

Well the end result is a 50k sorry payment plus the one bad guy who lived in our village has suddenly got a job in Bangkok.

According to the gossip the lawyers card and photos helped get a more realistic financial settlement and an outright death threat resulted in the job. Not a bad result, money and a bit of face saving.

The victim was a guest at my house frequently over the last week. The day before I returned to BKK we were offered 15 rai of land to rent + we are now able to clear land adjacent to ours and grow cassava on about another 6 rai. We have been angling for permission to do this for a few years. According to MIL there are mysterious forces at work that have produced this new year luck!

Kuhn Somo -- I hope all has worked out to your and your friend's satisfaction and the 50K is cash-in-hand and not just a promissory note.

Still, it would be my personal discretion to not want to live in a place where death threats real or imagined determine the outcome of a typical day-to-day predicament.