Krabi Immigration

phuketrichard

Hello all; I am moving to Krabi from Phuket an would like to know what the immgration is like there?

I need to do my retirement extension soon and need to know do they still accept the Letter from the US embassy stating my income and my bank book (i do the combo method) bringing my total over 800,000.

Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem ,have just done the same , normal procedures.....but they do like to try to coerce a "tip" from you !

Hope you won't become one of the many here who seem to encourage them to do so !

Yes I also cannot understand why some Farangs seem to have no backbone,and just simple refuse to pay these extras,similarly I have seen Farangs going into immigration, taking presents and food for the Imm staff.I wonder do they also give presents to the low paid staff in 7/11's and other such establishments,I ask this because on one of my visits,a member of the Imm staff boasted to my wife how very rich he was,adding that he has far more money then most Farangs.

Lol

When we was there a couple of months ago he said to my misses you can pay a bit more if you want,she gave him 500 bht extra I told the wife you should have just replied can I pay a bit less,

They only started asking us for money after the time we visited them with a ferang friend of ours who I know has given them presents and 5,000 bht extra for a certain service and yes one of the staff there has a brand new ford truck so they are doing well in there.

Lol

When we was there a couple of months ago he said to my misses you can pay a bit more if you want,she gave him 500 bht extra I told the wife you should have just replied can I pay a bit less,

They only started asking us for money after the time we visited them with a ferang friend of ours who I know has given them presents and 5,000 bht extra for a certain service and yes one of the staff there has a brand new ford truck so they are doing well in there.

oh,are new trucks for foreigners only,a lot have thais have new trucks,and a shitty little shack to live in.he could have bought land years ago,or inherited some.how do you know he does not own property or land,i have never had a problem with krabi immigration,and if you pay extra,bigger fool you.

^

get out off bed the wring side this morning did we

Someone commented that the officer was boasting to their wife how rich he was and I made a comment about a nice car in the car park, what's your problem.

I don't pay extra for my visa I pay nothing my wife pays for my visa ,they have never asked me for extra only the wife ,if they did ask me for extra I would point out the actual cost and offer a small tip it's not worth getting on the wrong side of immigration officers for a petty amount of money you may well need their help one day OK with that are you.

• Like 1

^

get out off bed the wring side this morning did we

Someone commented that the officer was boasting to their wife how rich he was and I made a comment about a nice car in the car park, what's your problem.

I don't pay extra for my visa I pay nothing my wife pays for my visa ,they have never asked me for extra only the wife ,if they did ask me for extra I would point out the actual cost and offer a small tip it's not worth getting on the wrong side of immigration officers for a petty amount of money you may well need their help one day OK with that are you.

fine,whatever makes you happy Edited by BOBBYTIN

back on topic, are there any unusual requirements like do u need prove your address/medical?

if using the combo does ur money in thai bank need to be seasoned?

Thanks all.

Money in Thai bank always needs to be seasoned (not sure whether 2 months or 3 months, can't keep up with the rules laugh.png ) The combo method is always at the discretion of the processing officer i.e. if he has the patience and ability to do the combo arithmetic. Medical certificate is best to have, proof of address not always required but a copy of house rental contract is always good to have in hand.

Medical cert only needed for a retirement extention if applying at an overseas Thai embassy. Not sure about the seasoning when combining method is used as I qualify on the monthly income alone. I still usually put about B10,000 in my Thai account the same week of my extention date, and usually remove it soon thereafter. Doing my 90 day report at Krabi last time the guy said ..."Today you pay money!" .... never had them try that with a 90 day report.

Medical cert only needed for a retirement extention if applying at an overseas Thai embassy. Not sure about the seasoning when combining method is used as I qualify on the monthly income alone. I still usually put about B10,000 in my Thai account the same week of my extention date, and usually remove it soon thereafter. Doing my 90 day report at Krabi last time the guy said ..."Today you pay money!" .... never had them try that with a 90 day report.

Well, did you pay?

And what for?

Reporting can be done by post, so an EMS letter should do the trick without having to face these guys.

Must say that I've never had any problems with 90 day reporting , the front desk staff have always been good ,especially the lady ,very friendly ,helpful and efficient .

Agree the front desk staff are very good,very polite and efficient.

Well, did you pay?

And what for?

Reporting can be done by post, so an EMS letter should do the trick without having to face these guys.

No I did not pay. I simply replied... "No I don't pay you anything today". He then tried to say my wife's overstayed. I took her passport and opened it to her 90 day report from last time that HE himself had stapled into her passport. I have been here a little over 15 years and have never had one of these guys TRY this. Looking forward to my yearly retirement ext. in a couple weeks....My family and I have always been compliant with immigration laws here and never given anyone cause for incompetent or otherwise behavior.

Well, did you pay?

And what for?

No I did not pay. I simply replied... "No I don't pay you anything today". He then tried to say my wife's overstayed. I took her passport and opened it to her 90 day report from last time that HE himself had stapled into her passport. I have been here a little over 15 years and have never had one of these guys TRY this. Looking forward to my yearly retirement ext. in a couple weeks....My family and I have always been compliant with immigration laws here and never given anyone cause for incompetent or otherwise behavior.

Just as a cautionary note , see what they do regarding your reporting date , when you apply for the annual extension . I mention this , as, although I'd only reported 2 weeks previously , and as such my next due date was in March ....after renewing my annual visa with 3 days to spare , I discovered by chance that they had re-set my reporting date to the expiry date of my old visa .

This was done by the "back -room " team.

Now, I may be wrong, but I can't recall this being normal procedure.,?

At no point was I advised of this new reporting date and I,m still not sure that it wasn't done intentionally so that I would miss it .(and by 10 weeks !) When I returned the next day to report again , the helpful lady at the front also seemed confused by why this had happened and I think is also less than impressed by the way her "superiors "operate .

They did the same for me last week at my 90 day. This time it was done by two young helpers at the front desk, so this must be the new way of doing it. Actually will make more sense this way. I remember the confusion after my very first extention. I assumed that by jumping through all the hoops and spending hours sitting at immigration, it would qualify as "reporting" but soon learned the 90 day was to be done 90 days from the last one and was scheduled about three weeks after my extention. Now I suppose it will be so confusing for first time extention folks

Yes this is how I also have been doing it. What my point and Mancub is saying is that there has been a change apparently. I will attempt to clarify. If for example, your 90 day report is due on Dec. 15 and your yearly extension is due to happen on January 15. In all the years before this, when doing the 90 day report, the next report would have been 90 days away. Now, when doing the 90 day report the date in my passport for the next 90 day report, is the date of my next extension, which is Jan23. I agree that the way to do the 90 day report has been to simply do it moments after the yearly extension , but now they seem to be lining it up to do it this way and I think it will help those who are doing it for the first time..

• 2 weeks later...

Well Likewise, it seems with that you blow my theory out of the water. I guess for myself and a couple more, the way they did our 90 day has no rhyme nor reason. My retirement ext. is next week. Since my wife has a new Philippine passport, I went today to get all her pertinent stamps transferred into her new passport before our ext. next week. Good thing I did. This is just too complicated to do here so we have to go back to Phuket tomorrow for that bit of fun. The lady claimed they do not have the correct stamp here in Krabi. I offered to buy them a new stamp and explained it was much cheaper than to rent a car, and travel to Phuket to get this done, but .....mai dai. Through the years I have gotten used to the backward ways here, what bothers me is the complete lack of thought of "how might we improve and move forward". Oh well small rant finished. At least we have a new post to read in the sleepy Krabi forum....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

gotta love a bureaucratic society, with lots of stamps and copies of all sorts, names of your father and mother deceased or not........ and so on smile.png

Never had to give names of my dead parents.

If they want signed copies of things, I can give signed copies of things.

As long as they are happy, so am I.

Same everywhere.

Probably worse in the US!

gotta love a bureaucratic society, with lots of stamps and copies of all sorts, names of your father and mother deceased or not........ and so on smile.png

Never had to give names of my dead parents.

If they want signed copies of things, I can give signed copies of things.

As long as they are happy, so am I.

Same everywhere.

Probably worse in the US!

Always ask my (dead) parent's names at Phuket Immigration, every annual extension.