Sydictive Element New Year Mega-Beach Party Is On In Patong

webfact

Sydictive Element New Year 'mega-beach party' is on in Patong

Phuket Gazette

b.jpeg

Sydictive Element's 'mega beach party' for New Year's Eve will be held at the southern end of Phuket's Patong Beach. Photo: Courtesy of AbovePhuket.com

PHUKET: -- The Sydictive Element New Year’s Eve “mega beach party” will be held at the southern end of Patong Beach from December 30 through to daybreak on January 1.

The news broke this afternoon after more than two hours of negotiations that followed hours of inconclusive negotiations last night.

“Sydictive will have its own party zone within the general area designated for the annual free Thai Beverage party,” Somsak Rattana, director of Thai Beverage’s Phuket operations, told the Phuket Gazette.

“We will share the same general area, but Sydictive will charge for entry to its party zone. Our [ThaiBev] party will remain free and open to everyone.

“Also, Sydictive will not have rights to sell beverages outside their party area,” Mr Somsak added.

The news also follows Preechavude “Prab” Keesin, son of Patong Mayor Pian Keesin, announcing yesterday that Sydictive would be permitted to stage its party in Phuket’s premier party town – but only if Thai drinks magnate ThaiBev approved.

“ThaiBev have been providing free New Year’s Eve parties at Patong Beach for years,” Mr Prab explained.

Mr Prab travelled to Bangkok earlier this week to discuss with party organizers Sydictive Element about moving the controversial Sydictive party from its original location at Surin Beach to Patong.

Among the issues discussed were those raised by Mayor Pian, namely public safety, drug use, noise and trash issues – the same concerns expressed by officials at Surin Beach who initially opposed the party being held there, but later finally granted permission.

Mayor Pian also raised the question of how Patong Municipality as a government authority could approve a pay-for-entry private party on a public beach, especially at new year, when thousands went to the beach to celebrate.

That question now seems to have been resolved.

The Sydictive Element party, officially launched by global celebrity Paris Hilton in Bangkok in October, was initially touted as likely to attract about 50,000 revellers to Phuket. That number has since been “rounded down” to 20,000, according to some reports, and it has since been confirmed that Ms Hilton will not be attending the event in Phuket.

The Gazette notes that in promoting the party, Sydictive Element website has consistently carried the Amazing Thailand logo, suggesting that the event is endorsed and supported by the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...tong-19796.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-12-26

Mayor Pian also raised the question of how Patong Municipality as a government authority could approve a pay-for-entry private party on a public beach, especially at new year, when thousands went to the beach to celebrate.

That question now seems to have been resolved.

I suppose this is too hot subject for Phuket Gazzette to make relevant questions.

- What were the resolved issues and how those were resolved?

- What changed Pia's mind to allow the party to go on?

- What the presentage of the tickets will be given to the goverment who owns / rents the beach?

- What is the role of Mr Prab? Does he hold any official status in the governance?

etc. etc.

Sounds like it's gonna be a disaster who is going to pay to go there when there is a free party in exactly the same area,coupled with the fact they have lost a huge amount on where they can sell drinks , I predict the people to profit most from this is the mayors clan.

Sounds like it's gonna be a disaster who is going to pay to go there when there is a free party in exactly the same area,coupled with the fact they have lost a huge amount on where they can sell drinks , I predict the people to profit most from this is the mayors clan.

Reminds me of the Isle Of Wight festival, where a lot of people just sat on the hill overlooking the stage and could hear everything for free.

But that was good music played by real musicians. And that was 1970. post-35489-0-71918000-1356513023.gif

• Like 1

Word I heard is that this sydictive guy's dad is good friends with Thaksin and carries quite a bit of clout. It makes sense as no way some average Somchai from BKK could come here and be able to use public facilities for a private business venture.

Seems as though you have the correct information. According to the local news source not to be named (rule 31.) Vice Governor Somkiet Sangkaosutthirak, said that the event was ''very high risk, but we have to do it.'' Insert connected father: Dr. Vorachart Petnunthawong. Who says: his son came to Phuket as a tourist and got the idea that he would like to have the biggest beach party in the world here. Great! So connected daddy calls in some favors? What a joke the Phuket government officials are. The news from Phuket gets more amusing every day. Too bad it's not a bad joke, instead of reality!

• Like 1

Word I heard is that this sydictive guy's dad is good friends with Thaksin and carries quite a bit of clout. It makes sense as no way some average Somchai from BKK could come here and be able to use public facilities for a private business venture.

Seems as though you have the correct information. According to the local news source not to be named (rule 31.) Vice Governor Somkiet Sangkaosutthirak, said that the event was ''very high risk, but we have to do it.'' Insert connected father: Dr. Vorachart Petnunthawong. Who says: his son came to Phuket as a tourist and got the idea that he would like to have the biggest beach party in the world here. Great! So connected daddy calls in some favors? What a joke the Phuket government officials are. The news from Phuket gets more amusing every day. Too bad it's not a bad joke, instead of reality!

Even if it flops there no doubt will be a lot of spin put on after the show to say what a roaring success it was. Face saving for another spoiled male.

You pay to see famous artists, pay cheap get cheap!

There were stalls set up down the length of bangla road last night trying to sell tickets, didn't look like they had many takers.

I guess the 20,000 which was rounded down from 50,000 can be rounded down to probably a bit more.

You pay to see famous artists, pay cheap get cheap!

True, unfortunately there are none coming to this party.

Alcohol banned at Phuket Sydictive megaparty

PHUKET: There will be no alcohol allowed inside the Sydictive Element party, said Phuket Provincial Police Commander Maj Gen Choti Chavalviwat today after a meeting of police chiefs from every police station in Phuket, held at Kathu Police Station.

Nattha Thepbamrung

Friday 28 December 2012, 07:33PM

1356698021_1.jpg

A flyer on Bangla Road in Patong announces Sydictive Patong party plans.

There will be 80 per cent less crime at the party when there is no alcohol, Maj Gen Choti said, adding that if organisers want to sell food and beverage, they must use plastic containers.

Maj Gen Choti said that weapons, fireworks, alcohol and glass and metal objects will be banned inside the designated party area on Patong beach.

He went on to explain that there will be three security perimeters established for Patong over New Year. The first will be at the beach where the Sydictive party will be located; the second at Taweewong Rd and Bangla Rd; and the third – furthest from the beach – will be marked by three main checkpoints.

For the Sydictive party, Patong Police will work together with Tourism Police volunteers, as well as members of the Navy and Marine Police. There will be ambulances on standby from Bangkok Hospital.

“Patong Police and Volunteer Police around Patong will number around 200, with 80 of them stationed inside the Sydictive Element party,” said Maj Gen Choti.

There will only be one main gate into the Sydictive party, separated into six doors and five exits. In case of an emergency, all gates will be opened.

The police will be stationed by the entrance gates and check people's belongings. Next to the police, there will be a scanner for weapons.

Maj Gen Choti confirmed that he is not aware of any political figures or members of royalty attending the event, though their presence has been rumoured.

He added that, “I think that tourists in Phuket do not come here to watch concerts, they come to relax. In my opinion, attracting tourists through bringing in famous celebrities is missing the point.”

The whole thing is getting more and more funny. It would be great to be able to see what has happened behind the scenes.

There will be plenty of street vendors, who are willing to pay top baht to be able to sell alcohol close by the party zones. Pockets will be filled once again and almost everybody are happy.

Gotta love the moneytics in Phuket.

Anyone seen the stage yet ? I was wondering how professional the crew responsible for this are. With a strong outgoing tide and a predicted offshore wind of 20+ knots on the first morning of the year is it going to stay put or make sail for Malaysia.

It's the west coast, not sure about the sailing to Malaysia! whistling.gif

I think the underlying message is:-

"OK, we have to hold it because the organizer's daddy is important and too many people will lose face if we cancel it, but, we don't want these things in the future done by outsiders and just to make sure, we won't let you make any money out of it".

• Like 1

Anyone seen the stage yet ? I was wondering how professional the crew responsible for this are. With a strong outgoing tide and a predicted offshore wind of 20+ knots on the first morning of the year is it going to stay put or make sail for Malaysia.

The west coast of Malaysia is on the same sea as Patong.

This whole party idea has been a hoot right from the start. Monty Python would be proud.

"OK, we have to hold it because the organizer's daddy is important and too many people will lose face if we cancel it, but, we don't want these things in the future done by outsiders and just to make sure, we won't let you make any money out of it".

I agree. They were forced to hold said show, but local gov't wants to show they have more power than junior riding on daddy's coat tails. Too funny that the police throw out some statistic about 80% less crime with no alcohol.

The west coast of Malaysia is on the same sea as Patong.

Kind of it is.

But there is the fact, that wave and wind direction, this part (highseason) of the year, is pointing 'more' to the Andaman islands.

Actually the reason, that sailing boats and the floating stage can be anchored before the west coast of Phuket.

But I'm only fussy, maybe! cheesy.gif

Edited by noob7

I agree. They were forced to hold said show, but local gov't wants to show they have more power than junior riding on daddy's coat tails. Too funny that the police throw out some statistic about 80% less crime with no alcohol.

So, do we have to expect a total alcohol ban over Phuket, for the future?

I think, 80% less crime is worth it!

People will turn to illegal drugs as a replacement which in turn will create more crime.

Solution.. Legalize everything and tax it very high.

• Like 1

People will turn to illegal drugs as a replacement which in turn will create more crime.

Solution.. Legalize everything and tax it very high.

Prohibition will make the mafia even more powerful. Look what happened in the US during 20s. Like many things here education is the key but for the rich & powerful having an educated populace is not in their best interests.

This whole party idea was a joke from the beginning & now it is all about appeasement & face.

50,000 expected at Phuket 'mega-beach party'

Salinee Prap

The Nation on Sunday

Authorities in Phuket have given Sydictive Element Co permission to host a New Year's Eve "mega-beach party" on Patong Beach from today through Monday, provided organisers meet 15 conditions.

Sydictive Element executive Worachat Phetchnantawong described the event as a world's first music festival by the sea. He said it was moved from Thalang district's Surin Beach to Krathu district's Patong Beach following objections from business operators.

The firm obtained the province's approval on December 28, so the event would certainly go ahead, running from 3pm today until 6am tomorrowDecember 31, and resuming again at 3pm tomorrow and ending at 6am on Monday. Fifteen world-renowned DJs and 15 top Thai DJs, as well as other celebrities, would attend, according to Worachat. However, Paris Hilton, who officially launched the Sydictive Element party in Bangkok in October, had yet to confirm her attendance pending discussion of payment of her airfare.

Ticket sales for the event had been strong, organisers said. The change of location would not be a problem for those who bought tickets earlier, Worachat said, adding that those who were unhappy with the new location could ask for a refund.

He said the event was expected to attract 50,000 people. Preparation of the sea stage and VIP seating section was 90-per-cent complete, and three barges equipped with lighting systems were to be towed to Patong Beach later yesterday evening.

Among the conditions imposed on the organisers are: limiting use of the beach to an 800-metre stretch; a ban on sales of alcohol in public areas; a requirement that no performances violate Thai traditions; appropriate and sufficient security measures; cleanliness and payment for garbage-collection servicesa requirement for up to 240 VIPs on each barge used; and sufficient life vests and at least 10 fire extinguishers on the stage and five cylinders on each VIP barge.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-30