Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was implicit (perhaps not so much) that the pictures posted in this thread (and in the sub-forum) should be from the member posting them, is not allowed to pick pictures from the web, also if they come from a Thaivisa sponsor.

Thank you for the understanding

I removed a few post containing images coming from other sources different from personal.

If doing so I have deleted some personal picture too, please kindly post them again .

Again, the meaning of this and other threads in the "Photography and the Arts" subforum is to propose personal photographs and showing them to Thaivisa members.

And, finally, to clarify what is the meaning of street photography, IMHO a bit off topic here, an explanation from the ubiquitous but wonderful Wikipedia:

Street photography is a type of photography that features subjects in candid situations within public places such as streets, parks, beaches, malls, political conventions and other settings.

Street photography uses the techniques of straight photography in that it shows a pure vision of something, like holding up a mirror to society. Street photography often tends to be ironic and can be distanced from its subject matter, and often concentrates on a single human moment, caught at a decisive or poignant moment. On the other hand, much street photography takes the opposite approach and provides a very literal and extremely personal rendering of the subject matter, giving the audience a more visceral experience of walks of life they might only be passingly familiar with. In the 20th century, street photographers have provided an exemplary and detailed record of street culture in Europe and North America, and elsewhere to a somewhat lesser extent.

Many classic works of street photography were created in the period between roughly 1890 and 1975 and coincided with the introduction of portable cameras, especially small 35mm, rangefinder cameras, most famously the Leica, as used by Henri Cartier-Bresson, among others.

View from above Lamai, Koh Samui.

IMG_7873.JPG

Perhaps read the definition provided by Anguid? Street photography is not photos of streets.

Well, that's not really what I intended, in starting this .... my idea was to include road and street scenes or views, which could also include street scene close ups... whistling.gif

But it should be our own images... thumbsup.gif

Some good images already ! smile.png

Perhaps I should ask, what do you guys / girls think....?

post-147778-13565002651151_thumb.jpg

When I saw this in post #10, I thought what ever, another over loaded pick up ready to roll over. Then I saw it was tightly packed full of water, incredible the amount of morons eh ? Prob about 7 tons on that pick up !!!

I would hope that the bottles are not full with water, perhaps going to the filling plant...? One would hope.... whistling.gif ..... but you do see some amazing things being unsafely transported ...w00t.gif

Archived