Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

Thanks again for the photo journey, guys. When I finally decided on a motorbike for exploring I'll get out a bit more for my own photos. I'm leaning towards a Kawasaki D-Tracker because it might be better for trails and rough roads than the Honda 250 CBR I recently rode.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VillageFarang i have no more like left so clap2.gif

Can anyone explain what this old lady is doing and why?

post-70928-0-83017200-1357025759_thumb.j

She must be Chinese. They like to burn replicas of things made from paper....gold bars, cars, TV's, shoes, etc. and bundles on banknotes from the Bank of Hell... They say it is to pass their essence on to their late relatives to enjoy in the afterlife.

Actually this is a misunderstanding, and often people spend a fortune on such a silly ritual. The real original intent was to demonstrate the impermanence of all material things which we like to crave and get attached to, and that we cannot take them with us when we die...just the good or bad karma we have created.

When you provide a bit of shade in open country then the Thais will stop.

MTB%2520Trails%2520%2520011.jpg

Rene , i couldn' t help but notice you posted the same picture as villagefarang?

I thought it was an underlying rule that we can only use our own images here...

I am not accusing you personally.

But i would like to speak out if we dont follow etiquette or respect this thread will be very boring soon.

VillageFarang i have no more like left so clap2.gif

Can anyone explain what this old lady is doing and why?

post-70928-0-83017200-1357025759_thumb.j

She must be Chinese. They like to burn replicas of things made from paper....gold bars, cars, TV's, shoes, etc. and bundles on banknotes from the Bank of Hell... They say it is to pass their essence on to their late relatives to enjoy in the afterlife.

Actually this is a misunderstanding, and often people spend a fortune on such a silly ritual. The real original intent was to demonstrate the impermanence of all material things which we like to crave and get attached to, and that we cannot take them with us when we die...just the good or bad karma we have created.

Very interesting Fab. I am gratefulwai.gif

Rene how come you posted the same picture as villagefarang?

But i would like to speak out if we dont follow etiquette or respect this thread will be very boring soon.

Probably just a slip-up with the quoting process. I didn’t take any offense and with the images only separated by a couple of posts, it was clear where it came from.

Rene how come you posted the same picture as villagefarang?

Probably just a slip-up with the quoting process. I didn’t take any offense and with the images only separated by a couple of posts, it was clear where it came from.

Rene has added her comment at the top of the pic i think ...

Very clear guys. Thanks. It just appeared to me wrongly. My bad!

@Renewai.gif

@Villagefarangwai.gif

@Bookman: care to share your snaps? Change your role from spectator to participant, i invite you.

Thanks Dancealot. I did share one. Ill have a look for more.

Thanks again for the photo journey, guys. When I finally decided on a motorbike for exploring I'll get out a bit more for my own photos. I'm leaning towards a Kawasaki D-Tracker because it might be better for trails and rough roads than the Honda 250 CBR I recently rode.

I use a Honda PCX 125 .... for my travels, (well regular daily driving too) .... over the last two years, I've been down the west coast of Malaysia, as far as Malacca, then across to the east coast back up to Samui .... With the stupid hump taken out of the seat it's not a bad riding bike... a 250 cc bike on Samui would be too much!!

I also went to Penang in July and Songhkla in April... One day soon want to head to the north of Thailand... have to figure the rainy seasons difference in timing on that!

Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

O.K .

Please pick the bones out of these.

One Photo per post.

Khao Lak - Ban Nam Khem Village

large.jpg

Win

Well given where Ban Nam Khem is, I guessing that was after the tsunami ??

Can we be forgiven for posting out of country now!!! We are all havin' fun! smile.png

Nice shot bookman. I practise making these shots properly myself. I forgot the nail polish this time.

post-70928-0-36981300-1357042340_thumb.j

@samuijimmy. Like your machinery snaps.

@waza: beautiful pictures of CM

But....are you trying to put on your lipstick DAL ??? or should we start calling you Daling ... whistling.gif ...biggrin.png

Nice shot bookman. I practise making these shots properly myself. I forgot the nail polish this time.

post-70928-0-36981300-1357042340_thumb.j

@samuijimmy. Like your machinery snaps.

@waza: beautiful pictures of CM

But....are you trying to put on your lipstick DAL ??? or should we start calling you Daling ... whistling.gif ...biggrin.png

Hey! What's this 'we'? tongue.png

Archived