British Kickboxer Lee Aldhouse Formally Charged With Murder: Phuket

webfact

British kickboxer Lee Aldhouse formally charged with murder in stabbing death of former U.S. Marine

The fighter, known as 'The Pitbull,' is the first Briton to ever be extradited from England to Thailand, where the crime occured in 2010. The victim, Dashawn Longfellow, was found stabbed in the chest outside of his Phuket island hotel.

By Erik Ortiz / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PHUKET: -- Thailand hit a British kickboxer with murder charges Wednesday in the 2010 stabbing death of a former U.S. Marine.

The indictment against Lee Aldhouse, 29, came after England handed him over earlier this month, becoming the first Briton ever extradited to Thailand as a criminal suspect.

“This is the first time in 101 years that the U.K. has approved a request,” Police Col. Sinard Ajhanwong told London’s The Telegraph newspapper. “Prior to this case, they had declined to send suspects back to us, so that emphasizes the significance of this case.”

Aldhouse, who went by the stage name The Pitbull as a semi-pro fighter, is accused of stabbing Dashawn Longfellow, 23, outside of his Phuket Island hotel after the two brawled at a nearby bar on Aug. 14, 2010.

The fight reportedly began after Aldhouse tried to block Longfellow from using the bathroom, the Phuket Gazette said at the time. The Briton was apparently on the losing end of the match, witnesses said, before patrons finally pulled the men apart. [more...]

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1227411

-- NY Daily News 2012-12-27

footer_n.gif

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Brit, charged of killing an American on Thai soil.

Quite a unique case I think.

Did this ever happen before? blink.png Meaning, a foreigner kills another foreigner and escapes Thailand and is extradited later, back to Thailand?

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

Did this ever happen before? blink.png Meaning, a foreigner kills another foreigner and escapes Thailand and is extradited later, back to Thailand?

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

No but 3 Thais killed a guy in Melbourne, they flew on bail back to Thailand, Thai customs let them through even though they were on Interpols watch-list and they then absconded. Never to be seen again. I doubt whether they will be facing trial in Australia

• Like 2

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

No but 3 Thais killed a guy in Melbourne, they flew on bail back to Thailand, Thai customs let them through even though they were on Interpols watch-list and they then absconded. Never to be seen again. I doubt whether they will be facing trial in Australia

yea they have 2 of them back in Melb now, from reports earlier this year......

• Like 1

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

yea they have 2 of them back in Melb now, from reports earlier this year......

Well interpol need to change their wanted list then, Im just looking at it now. 3 Thai men from Phuket still wanted for that murder.

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

Luke Mitchell murder?

No they didn't get bail, they fled to Thailand hours after the murder.

No they are not free, two were arrested by Thai police and have been in custody for over a year fighting extradition, which has already been granted by a Thai court but they are appealing, much like Lee Aldhouse did for years but eventually was extradited.

Good to see Lee charged and wonder when he will make his guilty or not guilty plea.

Edited by cbrer

British boxer charged with killing US Marine in Thailand

BANGKOK, Dec 27, 2012 (AFP) - A British kickboxer who was extradited to Thailand could face the death penalty after being charged with the murder of an American on the resort island of Phuket, a court official said Thursday.

Prosecutors allege Lee Aldhouse stabbed to death a 23-year-old Marine, Dashawn Longfellow, following a bar fight in 2010.

Aldhouse, known in Phuket by his ring name 'The Pitbull', fled to the UK after the incident and was extradited this month under a 100-year-old treaty, becoming the first British suspect to be returned to Thailand.

"He was indicted on a charge of killing (the man) yesterday," said a court official on the popular tourist island.

Aldhouse has been remanded in custody and will return to court to enter a plea on February 18 next year, she said.

He could face the death penalty if convicted, although it is rarely carried out, or up to a life sentence in prison.

Both men are believed to have trained in the Muay Thai form of kickboxing, with local reports saying Aldhouse competed in Phuket. He was 28 at the time of the alleged murder.

Longfellow was in Phuket after sustaining a combat injury in Afghanistan. US media reports said he had been awarded a the Purple Heart decoration for his injury.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-12-27

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

As it states in the article, it's the first time a Brit has been extradited to Thailand in 100 years.

Happy Christmas Lee. How was the xmas dinner?

Why don't you go down to visit him and ask him to his face?

Not worth the time of day.

Why so defensive?

Obviously he is as you're here posting about him.

Why so defensive?

I think it'll be very worthwhile to pop round to Klong Prem to see how he's enjoying his stay in the LOS. Perhaps I'll start an annual program in, oh, say 2020. I'll be sure to bring him some American magazines and whatnot. And some KY if he's polite.

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

As it states in the article, it's the first time a Brit has been extradited to Thailand in 100 years.

What did the last Brit do?

Probably have to wait a couple of decades because there is no contact visits in Phuket Provincial Prison and by the time he is released Im guessing he might be a bit thinner and also the Thais wont let him do any socializing. He will be on the next flight out

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

He slagged off a mod on Thavisa wai.gif

Seriously the Thai/Uk extradition treaty was signed in 1911 and he is the first Brit to be extradited under it. Hence first in 101 years.

• Like 1

I never heard of it.

Anybody?

You really are Irish, aren't you.

• Like 1

Probably have to wait a couple of decades because there is no contact visits in Phuket Provincial Prison.

You're not really up to clue with the Thai judicial system, are you? whistling.gif

Decades! laugh.png

He'll be lifting a glass in a certain bar before his 35th birthday.

Probably have to wait a couple of decades because there is no contact visits in Phuket Provincial Prison.

You're not really up to clue with the Thai judicial system, are you? whistling.gif

Decades! laugh.png

Ok maybe 10 - 15 years, that goes into a plural decade(s), Im sorry I dont know that much. You obviously do. Please share some more stories.

I saw him fight and he is not that impressive. Looked and moved like Frankenstein on steroids. But it does sounds like he would end up trying to stab me in the back after he lost.

Decades! laugh.png

Ok maybe 10 - 15 years, that goes into a plural decade(s), Im sorry I dont know that much. You obviously do. Please share some more stories.

William Thomas Douglas.

Convicted of murdering an American in Thailand.

Sentence 2 1/2 years. (freed after 2 years)

Margarete Crane.

Convicted of murdering an American in Thailand.

Sentence 3 1/2 years.