British Kickboxer Lee Aldhouse Formally Charged With Murder: Phuket

webfact

I doubt his extradition and bail offences sentence will be concurrent. He would only be given credit for time served on the extradition process once his bail breach sentence was completed. That is the norm and I do know quite a bit on sentencing principles.

The time served is taken as the time he has served in custody from when the original request was first acknowledged. This runs concurrently to any sentence he was serving at the time.

I could be wrong on the date as I haven't checked to make sure, but believe it was in August 2010.

Time served in custody on the extradition warrant: 2 1/2 years.

Not sure what you're having trouble with tbh.

What I'm having trouble with you that you can't answer.

Sentence does NOT start from the date of application for extradition, unless he was being held for ONLY that matter. He was being held on unrelated charges/issues. When he did that time he would be free to leave.

However, if he was not released at the completion of that time served for those offences then from that time on he would be given credit for time served.

The only way he will be given credit for the time re extradition is if that was the only reason he was being held.

That is according to the principles in sentencing.

I'm not going to argue the sentencing principles with you as I know what I'm talking about. So, as you do not know of when he was finished with the previous sentence then there is no point discussing it further.

I'm afraid you are completely incorrect. Perhaps you are confusing Thailand with the UK.

Thai courts will deal with the sentencing. Qualified Thai lawyer with experience in dealing with extradition to Thailand are you? rolleyes.gif

The Thai court system does not acknowledge the prisoner being held for crimes outside of their jurisdiction. They acknowledge the time the prisoner spent in custody while held during extradition process, beginning with the acknowledgement from the UK government. A prisoner can be held for a number of different crimes running concurrently. The Thai legal system will not be working on a consecutive detention principle when the previous detention was for a crime or warrant outside of their jurisdiction.

Please show some sort of proof of what you are bizarrely claiming.

Thanks. smile.png

PS, first you say 'I doubt his extradition and bail offences sentence will be concurrent.' Now you know for sure? What's going on? huh.png

Edited by cbrer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt his extradition and bail offences sentence will be concurrent. He would only be given credit for time served on the extradition process once his bail breach sentence was completed. That is the norm and I do know quite a bit on sentencing principles.

The time served is taken as the time he has served in custody from when the original request was first acknowledged. This runs concurrently to any sentence he was serving at the time.

I could be wrong on the date as I haven't checked to make sure, but believe it was in August 2010.

Time served in custody on the extradition warrant: 2 1/2 years.

Not sure what you're having trouble with tbh.

What I'm having trouble with you that you can't answer.

Sentence does NOT start from the date of application for extradition, unless he was being held for ONLY that matter. He was being held on unrelated charges/issues. When he did that time he would be free to leave.

However, if he was not released at the completion of that time served for those offences then from that time on he would be given credit for time served.

The only way he will be given credit for the time re extradition is if that was the only reason he was being held.

That is according to the principles in sentencing.

I'm not going to argue the sentencing principles with you as I know what I'm talking about. So, as you do not know of when he was finished with the previous sentence then there is no point discussing it further.

I'm afraid you are completely incorrect. Perhaps you are confusing Thailand with the UK.

Thai courts will deal with the sentencing. Qualified Thai lawyer with experience in dealing with extradition to Thailand are you? rolleyes.gif

The Thai court system does not acknowledge the prisoner being held for crimes outside of their jurisdiction. They acknowledge the time the prisoner spent in custody while held during extradition process, beginning with the acknowledgement from the UK government. A prisoner can be held for a number of different crimes running concurrently. The Thai legal system will not be working on a consecutive detention principle when the previous detention was for a crime or warrant outside of their jurisdiction.

Please show some sort of proof of what you are bizarrely claiming.

Thanks. smile.png

PS, first you say 'I doubt his extradition and bail offences sentence will be concurrent.' Now you know for sure? What's going on? huh.png

I say 'doubt' at first because for it to be concurrent it actually has to be stated as part of the sentence.

So unless that happened just take it for granted as fact.

Quite the pendantic one aren't you, I'm sure you would be a hoot to have a beer with if something like that was so important. biggrin.png

As I said, I will not discuss sentencing principles with you, I don't have the time nor inclination to do so, and they are quite long winded. I will also not give my cv to you but you aren't far off the mark with your question re my experience. Though directly with a UK citizen being extradited to Thailand, no.

All I wanted was an answer, you couldn't provide it. No problem.

Quite the pendantic one aren't you,

Pedantic? Not really.

I'm sure you understand the difference between concurrent and consecutive sentences though.

Black and white.

You didn't read the above post? huh.png

The Thai legal system does not consider custodial detention for separate crimes outside their jurisdiction when passing sentence. Surely that is easy enough to grasp. huh.png

From the point in time when the Extradition process was acknowledged by the UK government, and the accused was formally arrested for such while in detention, he was from that point being held for both the Extradition warrant and the original warrants concurrently.

Upon sentencing (should he plead or be found guilty) the UK authorities will present the date that he was arrested and held in custody over the Extradition Warrant, and that time will be reduced from his sentence.

It's really quite simple to understand. I hope that clears up your confusion. smile.png

Edited by cbrer

Quite the pendantic one aren't you,

Pedantic? Not really.

I'm sure you understand the difference between concurrent and consecutive sentences though.

Black and white.

You didn't read the above post? huh.png

The Thai legal system does not consider custodial detention for separate crimes outside their jurisdiction when passing sentence. Surely that is easy enough to grasp. huh.png

I did read the above post and as I said, I'm not going to argue sentencing with you. You can't answer the question, no problem. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

All the courts I've been in use the term cumulative, not consecutive. Same horse, different ridercoffee1.gif .

Edited by FDog

All the courts I've been in use the term cumulative.

You've never been in a sentencing court in Thailand then.

Little wonder you don't know what you're talking about.

Anyway.

PHUKET: -- The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) in Bangkok has petitioned UK authorities to place Lee Aldhouse under provisional arrest when he is released from Wormwood Scrubs Prison in London on September 24.

Mr Aldhouse, 28, is wanted for the stabbing murder of former US Marine Dashawn Longfellow in Rawai on August 14. The incident occurred after a brawl between the two earlier that night.

Mr Aldhouse was arrested at Heathrow Airport on arrival in the UK under an outstanding warrant issued after he fled the country while out on bail for a previous offense.

Edited by cbrer

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious... did any of you locals actually know / meet Aldhouse? I understand he was in thailand for quite a few years before all this happened.

I would really like to see him convicted, I'm more worried that he wont be rather than how long he's going to get..

Is Longfellow's 'girlfriend' (who witnessed the murder) still on the scene? likely to testify? likely to be credible? (pretty sure she used a lot of drugs). I would really hate to see this prick get away with it..

Just curious... did any of you locals actually know / meet Aldhouse? I understand he was in thailand for quite a few years before all this happened.

I would really like to see him convicted, I'm more worried that he wont be rather than how long he's going to get..

Is Longfellow's 'girlfriend' (who witnessed the murder) still on the scene? likely to testify? likely to be credible? (pretty sure she used a lot of drugs). I would really hate to see this prick get away with it..

I have never met the man.

From memory, the victim (ex US marine) got it over him in a bar fight. Aldhouse then armed himself with a knife and went to the deceased's residence and stabbed him to death. I don't think you can any more premeditated than that, and his actions clearly show an intent to murder.

It would have been different if the knife, used by staff of the bar, was sitting on the bar at the time of the fight and he picked it up in the heat of battle and used it with one stab. It's my understanding he actively sort out a knife to use, hunted down the victim, and used the knife to kill him.

This is a terribly corrupt country, so nothing would surprise me, but for me, he is about as guilty as it gets, but that does not mean justice will be served in Thailand.

• Like 2

I have never met the man.

From memory, the victim (ex US marine) got it over him in a bar fight. Aldhouse then armed himself with a knife and went to the deceased's residence and stabbed him to death. I don't think you can any more premeditated than that, and his actions clearly show an intent to murder.

It would have been different if the knife, used by staff of the bar, was sitting on the bar at the time of the fight and he picked it up in the heat of battle and used it with one stab. It's my understanding he actively sort out a knife to use, hunted down the victim, and used the knife to kill him.

This is a terribly corrupt country, so nothing would surprise me, but for me, he is about as guilty as it gets, but that does not mean justice will be served in Thailand.

I'm familiar with the case, I met both Longfellow and his girl only days before (hence my ongoing interest) and would love to see justice served.

I'm curious with all this speculation about whether anyone knew him and really knew what kind of guy he (Aldhouse) was.. I heard reports at the time that he was a 'loner' and a 'weirdo' and people said they knew him but wouldn't have called him a friend.. I guess I want to know if the guy is really an evil bastard or is mentally ill or if there's some explanation for what happened.