Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

Plane Spotting - The Quiz

post-104736-0-98347100-1356573918_thumb.

Well, I'm staying at a Farm near an Airport and if the wind is right, I get to see a lot of Aircraft movement.

So, whiles it's a tad quiet during the Festive Season* maybe a spot of Plane Spotting might keep you amused.

Try for the ...

• Airline

• Make and Model

• What Airport or Country the Plane took off from.

No prizes, just a bit of boyhood fun

*hint to the Mods to keep this in General Forum for a while

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ ... 2 out of three ... clap2.gif

But what about the What Airport or Country the Plane took off from ... as opposed to what Airport it landed at.

Difficult to do ... but not impossible.

Still ... a good effort.

The actual flight ... apologies for the crap video.

OK, it was flight THA103.

Flight link is here

Chiang Mai - Bangkok

THA103

• Airline: Thai Airways
  • Flight: TG103
  • To: Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi (BKK)
  • Aircraft: Boeing 747-4D7 (B744)
  • Reg: HS-TGB
  • Altitude: 3225 ft (983 m)
  • V/S: -384 fpm
  • Speed: 193 kt (357 km/h, 222 mph)
  • Track: 46°
  • Hex: 880051
  • Squawk: 4575
  • Pos:
  • Radar: T-VTBD1

Now, if you have one to share, by all means please post it here.

Don't worry if you don't have all the fancy info I posted above.

As long as you know the info, and let someone else guess.

Norrad, please do one for us and while we are waiting, I'll post the next one.

Good God you must be more bored than me! sad.png

How about we have a referendum Thai style, and vote to move this to a different kind of spotiing in Pattayas walking street. Even if you all vote NO we will still move it to walking street and have complete disregard for other members wishers giggle.gif

Good God you must be more bored than me! sad.png

Bored? ... never on the Farm.

But I do want to get away from the usual Bar girl, where is the best Pizza stuff, so I'd thought that I try something completely different.

Hence this Thread.

It might take off (pun intended) or sink a slow death ... who knows.

^^ Mate ... I once had a Finnish gf and their climate looked like this ... frozen with heaps of lakes.

But thought maybe rather it happened in America, most likely Alaska?

Looks also like it's seen a few miles ...

Maybe a Piper?

Maybe a PA-12 Super Cruiser?

Let me know how close I am ... biggrin.png

Interesting 747 fact, at the point of takeoff, the pilots are 3 stories off the ground, and the passengers at the very back of the plane are only 10 feet off the ground.

And yes Id have a guess at somewhere in Alaska, and not an airport, a lake. Looks a bit like a Cessna 150?

Again, a nice simple one.

Today's plane is ...

post-104736-0-85744500-1356660223_thumb. . post-104736-0-63601200-1356660324_thumb.

Try for the ...

• Airline

• Make and Model

Also you might wish to try for the What Airport or Country the Plane took off from.

Difficult to do but if you look at the photo's date stamp and correlate that with the Airport manifest then backtrack it ... for the enthusiast only ... biggrin.png

Good Luck.

^^ Mate ... I once had a Finnish gf and their climate looked like this ... frozen with heaps of lakes.

But thought maybe rather it happened in America, most likely Alaska?

Looks also like it's seen a few miles ...

Maybe a Piper?

Maybe a PA-12 Super Cruiser?

Let me know how close I am ... biggrin.png

You know your cubs...1947 PA-12 Super Cruiser. It actually looked very pristine the day before I flipped it at Willow Alaska. Took two years and about $10,000 in parts for me to rebuild it. I took it completely down to the bare tubed airframe and did a complete rebuild. Every time you crash a cub, during the rebuild it is common to add more mods to improve the cub. I replaced the original headliner (think 1940's grey car headliner) with a smoked glass skylight, extended baggage with a fishing pole holder, and a fibreglass tool box under the back seat. It was a beauty when I finished...

Still no takers for this one ... easy as!

Today's plane is ...

post-104736-0-85744500-1356660223_thumb. . post-104736-0-63601200-1356660324_thumb.

Try for the ...

• Airline

• Make and Model

Also you might wish to try for the What Airport or Country the Plane took off from.

Difficult to do but if you look at the photo's date stamp and correlate that with the Airport manifest then backtrack it ... for the enthusiast only ... biggrin.png

Good Luck.

Still no takers for this one ... easy as!

Today's plane is ...

Try for the ...

• Airline

• Make and Model

Good Luck.

Swiss air?

^^ All the 'What Plane is this' photos submitted by me are those recorded at the Farm where I am staying and flying into Suvarnabhumi Airport.

If anyone is near the Don Muang or any other Thai;and Airport ... please do post for the quiz ... wai.gif

Archived