The Cabin Chiang Mai

OLDAUSSIE

Hi Members, I have just received an email from a friend in Australia asking my advice about The Cabin in Chiang Mai, is it a good rehab centre or any other knowledge that can be passed on. Any members have personal experience about this place.

Many thanks in advance.

I don't need to contact anyone there. I would like to hear from someone with personal experience about the place. Is it any good or is it just another sausage factory of give me your money and we can fix you. Their web site tell everyone how great they are but I would like to know from a person that has been treated there, they can put anything on a web site.

Thanks for your offer Richard

• 11 months later...

Quite a while ago the place was apparently popular with a international celebs with addiction problems - it seems that the Cabin's PR person used the name of a 'star' client who'd been treated there in several advertorials - which made it into the Western media. In the UK and USA, confidentiality is considered the norm by most rehab facilities, no matter how famous the person.

Sorry, don't know anyone who could have afforded their rates...but a friend of a friend stayed at a residential centre in Chiang Rai run by Western Buddhists which offers similar services. They don't push the religious aspect, there are good reports around about them and they are certainly affordable. I'm sorry, I don't recall the name.

Wherever your friend goes for help, I wish him/her the very best.