Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

The White Temple.......from the rear. It's a shame that so many people walk out the side of the building and head towards the front. You're missing this.....

Nice photos. Looks like you got lucky and not many tourists when you visited also

There were a few Bookman but as I mentioned, no one, absolutely no one walked to the back of the Temple. To me it's a shame to miss the Temple area as shown in the first three images, and with the Sun beating down in that area the Temple was looking it's glorious best.

Yes, the Royal Chalet is quite amazing. We spent quite a few hours there. Quite amazing. As for the White Wat, not really much to see there.

Next time you visit they have build new there-I think now there is 2 new buildings - and in the small side road next to the temple-just across the road,there are a gallerie wich is very good to and free of charge.

Its unfortunate that one can't take photos inside the Royal Chalet / Villa. Truly some amazing craftsmanship inside smile.png

Next time,try to visit Mae Fahluang Art and Culture Park.

Think you can find some pics from there - if you have a driver licence ( thai) remember it as then you pay thai price.

Edited by brianmarinus
  • Like 1

Thursday evening Mae Sai

994523_560444227327237_1130111943_n.jpg

Mae Sai River

969151_560444990660494_2009931178_n.jpg

Overnight Thunderstorm, Friday morning Mae Sai River.

1002983_560444347327225_221389622_n.jpg

Where that foliage is to the near left is where I had dinner on Thursday night and took the first river photo you see above. Just in case your wondering, the restaurant was closed this morning. I hope the owner moved his car though......that would be a double tragedy if any of these belonged to him. sad.png

1012999_560444397327220_1946702684_n.jpg

Edited by theblether
  • Like 2

Although I found some of the buildings and art work interesting at the Black Temple, the place just seemed to suck the happiness right out of me! huh.png

Far too depressing with all of the dead animals (stuffed of course) but the old furniture and artifacts where very interesting.

I am quite happy to have seen it.......once.

Now the White Temple is a polar opposite in both colour AND atmosphere.

The brightness and constant evolution of the art work is inspiring.

I've been three times now and look forward to a return trip next time we get guests.

The little gallery is quite a treat and showcases the talent of K. Kositpipat.

It is a shame we cannot take photo's in any of the buildings.

Although I found some of the buildings and art work interesting at the Black Temple, the place just seemed to suck the happiness right out of me! huh.png

Far too depressing with all of the dead animals (stuffed of course) but the old furniture and artifacts where very interesting.

I've been three times now and look forward to a return trip next time we get guests.

An interesting perspective on the Black Village and one I haven’t heard before.

Edited by villagefarang

An interesting perspective on the Black Village and one I haven’t heard before.

Yeah, I remember it being stiflingly hot that day.

While at the Black Temple I felt it to be so much so as to feel darkly oppressive.

Just the mood of the place..... for me any ways. shock1.gif

Gives the the expression "Takes your breath away" a whole new level of appreciation regarding the arts.

Or maybe I was just in a funk! saai.gif

That's my rant......I could be wrong. lol crazy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks for allowing me to peek at the delights of CR Province.Here is a wonderful array of images covering the beauty and also the reality of an area that I have not visited for too many years. Being a mountain rather than a beach fan - I found the voyage through these pages absorbing - thank you for allowing me to share the sights that some of you see every day.

• Like 2

Is the water level still retreating in your area VF?

Yes it is getting better around here and looks like the rice will make it but on the drive to town yesterday it still looked pretty bad between Phaya Mengrai and Sop Pao. The streams and rivers were quite impressive and the fields were flooded up to the road still.

• Like 1