Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

One more sunset over the fields.

sunset++006.jpg

Even though I have no photographic knowledge, that new camera sure does bring out the detail in your photos....thumbsup.gif

VF also has a software ally smile.png

Very true, but the more data your camera can capture, the more you have to work with when you load it into your computer.thumbsup.gif

I wrote the following in response to questions about how I combine the mountain bike with photography. Since questions do come up from time to time, I thought I would share the following exchange here on what I consider my home forum.

I am always happy for an excuse to stop, drink some water and take a few pictures. I did 43.6 km yesterday, but averaging only 18 kmh, I was in the saddle nearly 2.24 hours. Add to that photo/drink stops and I can be out there 3 or 4 hours, especially on a hot day like yesterday.
Some days the light is terrible and not much grabs my attention. Light and composition are everything, so I ride in the afternoon and have the sun at my back or over my shoulder on the way home, even though it is the hottest time of day.
The mountain bike gets me to places where one is not affected by power lines and the clutter one finds next to a highway. I am lucky to have the Ing River, Tat Khwan Waterfall and several reservoirs all within riding distance from home, as well as a wonderful mix of terrain.
By only riding once or twice each week and changing up the routes, I stay hungry and the view always looks fresh. I see something different each time I hit a particular trail.
So you can see there are a number of contributing factors. In addition to everything else, I really enjoy my rides and gain motivation from the feedback I get from the people I share my photos with. Thanks to everyone for your likes and comments. wai.gif

villagefarang

Without trying to sound too corny,you really are an inspiration to myself (and others I am sure).

Not only are your photos a pleasure to look at but they are also good examples of what scenic shots should look like.

I have learned many things just by looking at your work and hopefully can help improve my own photography skills.

Many thanks and keep them coming thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Thank you for the very kind words.

I am not sure I am a good role model for a photographer, as I am not very interested in the technical stuff and rely more on “feel”. I choose my settings before I set off on a ride and let the camera do all the work.
All I have to do is look for views I like, frame them the best I can and push the button. The camera has a great sensor and presets, so can do a much better job than I can with the technical stuff.
I am also not a great fan of the very popular limited depth of field and prefer sharpness throughout the image. I just like what I like and thankfully others sometimes agree.

One more sunset over the fields.

Posted Image

Even though I have no photographic knowledge, that new camera sure does bring out the detail in your photos....Posted Image

VF also has a software ally Posted Image

Very true, but the more data your camera can capture, the more you have to work with when you load it into your computer.Posted Image
Of course, totally agree on that. I'm still learning with my new Cybershot and still surprised at how good the photos can be.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I got a ride in today, fearing more rain in a couple of days. Much cooler, even starting a 2pm but the light was not good for landscape shots.

The Ing River was over its banks at both bridges and there were people fishing everywhere so here are a couple of fishing shots from today. First you catch them, then you put them in a bucket and later you walk to the roadside and sell them.

Netfishing++003.jpg

Netfishing++001.jpg

Netfishing++002.jpg
  • Like 2

A post promoting one's blog site has been removed:

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations. Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website. Advertisers are the only members allowed to post links, URL's or addresses to their sites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ford on the Doi Chaang Road

IMG_2734.JPG

Ford? Definitely Toyota Country.

Nice photo and place but I would have thought the water coming over the weir would have dug out the road where it hits.

Edited by harrry