Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

Sad - A dying breed in Thailand, the Samlar. This was my main mode of transportation around town back in 1972. This guy was still hard at it in Chiang Rai. His Samlar seems a little run down and used to say the least. There is also a group that takes tourist around town. Glad that is still going.

post-42806-0-65257200-1367329025_thumb.j

Good.....now they have thrown all the old water away they will shoot holes in the sky so it will rain.

Looks like another good year starting.

Great photos vf good to see people having fun.

Edited by harrry

The rocket parade in our village today, collecting money before the competition this weekend.

Rocket%2520%2520001.jpg

Rocket%2520%2520003.jpg

Rocket%2520%2520002.jpg

Looks like they had great weather for their parade.....

vf, the photo quality is superb good! s90 camera rocks! .. i own one and loving it.

"Good Morning Chiang Rai"

attachicon.gif IMG_3650.JPG

hello,

may i know where is this taken?

The lake by Chiang Rai Rajabhat University in Bandu (CRU)

Nice to know it is close to university! Hope to visit bandu one day.

Apple Aperture, is probably one of the best photo editors around of late. In the hands of a an avid user, the program really makes an already quality photo, a realistic photo as seen through the naked eye and not just the camera lense :)

• Like 1

re

Not far past Wiang Chai, on our way home, there is a mountain top Chedi overlooking Happy City Golf Course and the fertile plains of Chiang Rai.

Hilltop%2520View%2520%2520004.jpg

Hilltop%2520View%2520%2520002.jpg

Hilltop%2520View%2520%2520003.jpg

I see in the last picture they are using the latest technology in smoke signals in the area. Doesn't 3bb get that far?

• Like 2

re

Not far past Wiang Chai, on our way home, there is a mountain top Chedi overlooking Happy City Golf Course and the fertile plains of Chiang Rai.

Hilltop%2520View%2520%2520004.jpg

Hilltop%2520View%2520%2520002.jpg

Hilltop%2520View%2520%2520003.jpg

I see in the last picture they are using the latest technology in smoke signals in the area. Doesn't 3bb get that far?

Some people are quite stubborn when it comes to adopting new technology, so I suspect smoke signals will be with us for some time to come.

"Say Hello to my little Friend, Tokay's (Gecko) defend their territory against intruders of the same species and of other species. These geckos can inflict severe bites if they are sufficiently threatened. (They emit a hissing or croaking noise). During the Vietnam war years we called them, "(can not mention) You, " Lizards, because their croaks sound like the word. They do keep the spider and other insect population in check, so welcome them to your home.

post-42806-0-61159600-1367880919_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The rocket parade in our village today, collecting money before the competition this weekend.

Where are the crowds!!?

Was planning on passing through your village tomorrow. Hope they can shoot straight.......ooops I just saw the date. They should be out of ammunition then.

Edited by harrry

Where are the crowds!!?

This was the pre-event parade where they collect donations from people in the village. People wait by their homes to donate or perhaps hide in their houses to avoid.wink.png

• Like 1

Where are the crowds!!?

Was planning on passing through your village tomorrow. Hope they can shoot straight.......ooops I just saw the date. They should be out of ammunition then.

These things are going on everywhere this time of year. Saw one rocket go up this evening before the storm hit. It was East of us toward the mountains. If you do stop by, we promise not to shoot you.biggrin.png