Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

The rocket parade in our village today, collecting money before the competition this weekend.

Where are the crowds!!?

Was planning on passing through your village tomorrow. Hope they can shoot straight.......ooops I just saw the date. They should be out of ammunition then.

These things are going on everywhere this time of year. Saw one rocket go up this evening before the storm hit. It was East of us toward the mountains. If you do stop by, we promise not to shoot you.biggrin.png

Hope all this shooting is finished before the middle of June.....would hate to lose the wife....biggrin.png

Hope all this shooting is finished before the middle of June.....would hate to lose the wife....biggrin.png

What is worse KevJ? Losing the wife? or finding her again? laugh.png

Are you insured?

Fully....Life, death and being hit by a rocket.

What is worse KevJ? Losing the wife? or finding her again? laugh.png

Losing her.Too good to lose as it took me 52 years to find her and don't want to go through that again.

Not a new shot but very cheerful. Shot from the backside of the village pond, overlooking the fields in Phaya Mengrai.

Rainbow%2520Sky%2520%2520008.jpg

Now I know why you MTB in the surrounding hills. Looking for that pot of gold, Oh and if you find it, its mine, as I lost it awhile back :D

• Like 1

you lost it....I've let a few fortunes slip through my fingers.

Just do not trust those leprechauns when you bend over to pick up the gold at the end of the rainbow.

I have definitely lost it mate :D

VF, beautiful sky images ! ! ! Do you use a polarizing filter or does your camera process these great skies with it JPEG processing?

With a point and shoot Canon S90 there are no removable lenses or filters. I shoot in RAW and process in Aperture on my Apple computer. The sensor has developed some bad pixels so I am looking around at what to buy next. I am leaning toward the NEX 6 or 7, though I haven’t seen a seven in the shops yet.
I saw some really amazing sky images driving to and from town the other day but couldn’t find a convenient and uncluttered vantage from which to capture them. I guess I am lucky I live where I do. It makes it so easy to capture these amazing images on the rare occasions where they present themselves.
Oh, and thank you. I am glad you like them.
  • Like 1

It can be like watching a movie as the view changes from moment to moment.

Stormclouds++002.jpg

Yes, the skies are quite remarkable. I really like the deep blues of your skies. Keep sending these wonderful shots and we will continue to enjoy them!

• Like 1