Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

I'm surprised there are not more photos here!!!! biggrin.png

Beautiful country side thumbsup.gif want to see more!!! wink.png

This year has just started, there will be more photos to follow I’m sure. For now you can follow the link in the opening post of Mcgriffith, our GM, to images from past years.smile.png

Rocky outcroppings like this grab my attention on the way to town as they thrust skyward from the flat land that surrounds them. One wonders how many will survive our gluttonous lust for gravel, with which we construct our roads and buildings. Finding interesting angles and conditions to record their existence for posterity isn’t easy but here is one from a recent mt. bike ride.

mt.%2520bike%2520%2520006.jpg

Well done. Tried several times but never a worthy picture.I'll just steal this one 555

While most people will be familiar with the Mekong River on the border, or even the Kok River which runs through Chiang Rai town, there is another river which runs roughly south to north, connecting places like Phayao, Thoeng and Phaya Mengrai where I live, east of the city. Here are a couple of shots of the Ing River, just a few kilometers from home.

The first shot is taken from the bridge in October when the water level was still fairly high. The second shot was taken yesterday Jan 23rd, from under the bridge in an area that would be under water in the other shot.

bigsky%2520%2520001.jpg

Ing%2520River%2520%2520001.jpg

• Like 2

As long as they are photos from Chiang Rai, I don't see the harm in posting any kind of photo.

Some like landscapes and scenic views.

Some enjoy images of people and cultural events.

Some prefer shots of nature, flora and fauna.

As long as it is from Chiang Rai, and you took it, and want to post it here....that is fine.

• Like 1

The Mekong like most big rivers can be a bit plain in full flow but during the dry season it takes on a more photogenic if less navigable demeanor.

Sang%2520Arun%2520%2520003.jpg

If they are homes that I can see, up on the bank, then the people living there have a "million dollar view". Beautiful.

• Like 1

If they are homes that I can see, up on the bank, then the people living there have a "million dollar view". Beautiful.

Beautiful but treacherous, because when the water level rises you can loose everything. That is Laos you are looking at on the other side of the river, by the way.smile.png
  • Like 1