Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

While I am here, thank you Garry for pushing me over 3000.Posted Image

Didn't I give you the push over 2000 as well? Just confidence mind you as I wasn't looking for it :D

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Riding through the hills of Phaya Mengrai.

Test1++001.jpg

I like all your photos VF, but more so this one smile.png

That is very interesting. I actually posted this one as an afterthought. I thought it might be too cluttered and flat, because of the cloud cover, but it is getting a fairly good response on Google+, as well. I ride past this area on one of my regular bike routes.

That is actually what I like about it, being more to see in the image. Don't get me wrong, as I like your open shots but images with more going on appeal to me as well :)

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

It is said that the abbot of the temple built it exactly according to what he saw after visiting the heaven.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Strange it was designed by a very rich local artist. The abbot came along long after it was built.

Edited by harrry

It is said that the abbot of the temple built it exactly according to what he saw after visiting the heaven.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife and I met the designer of the Wat a few years back and she had her photo taken with him. I took the photo. He showed us a lot of drawings and future plans.

The red clay? Color running through the middle is what does it for me. Sets up a nice contrast.

That iron rich red clay isn’t everywhere but there is a lot of it in the hills. Hard packed and smooth it is a great riding surface, but muddy and rutted it, makes for slow going and a very messy ride.

My wife and I met the designer of the Wat a few years back and she had her photo taken with him. I took the photo. He showed us a lot of drawings and future plans.

The guy is a genuine promoter. I wonder if there is anyone who hasn’t met him while visiting his tourist attraction. He sure put the little village of Rong Khun on the map.

• Like 1

The guy is a genuine promoter. I wonder if there is anyone who hasn’t met him while visiting his tourist attraction. He sure put the little village of Rong Khun on the map.

He is the one in the blue clothes. I think the other guy is a business partner

IMG_20070903_0045-1.jpg

With my wife smile.png

edit: I thought better of this and deleted this photo from public view

Edited by Garry
  • Like 2

I waited nearly 10 minutes for this photo, so that no one was in the shot. I used a little Sony Cybershot P100 for the photo. Not a great photo quality wise, but better than nothing and this was several years ago, as I have upgraded since then smile.png

IMG_20070903_0013.jpg

Nice shot Garry. And yoiu captured the mood of the weather this time of year well.

I waited nearly 10 minutes for this photo, so that no one was in the shot. I used a little Sony Cybershot P100 for the photo. Not a great photo quality wise, but better than nothing and this was several years ago, as I have upgraded since then smile.png

IMG_20070903_0013.jpg

Nice shot Garry. And yoiu captured the mood of the weather this time of year well.

Thanks mate, but pure coincidence, as it was taken several years ago as I mentioned earlier :D