Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

If you ever find yourself up near Mae Sai, check it out. The entrance to the cave is only a few meters from the car park, and the first part at least is paved with enough natural light to go in and take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
13 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Planning to visit Chiang Rai before and now even more so.

Love the photos of the lizards.

I visited this past October. One of the most peaceful and livable cities in Thailand (if you stay away from the night bazaar). I slept better in Chiang Rai than I have in any place in Thailand so far. On my future 'retire here ?' list

• 3 weeks later...

Please if you are a photographer and use the forum to try to upload your images.

Would you please try to help us resolve some issues, which have been plaguing uploads lately... we hope it will help pin point some problems.

Please take a few minutes to help!

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/978331-survey-to-find-how-members-post-images-on-thaivisa-forums/#comment-11796726

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Went to the hot spring on the way home to chiang rai , and seen this temple that was abandoned , it was overgrown with vegetation .We stopped and walked around .There was different stages of construction and it looked like they just packed up and left .It was amazing , there was no one there and it was just 20 metres from the main highway . So if you are going to chiang rai be sure to check this out .It is on the left side just past the hot springs

1521984682366.jpg

1521984691280.jpg

1521984762739.jpg

1521984768209.jpg

1521984784009.jpg

1521984792751.jpg

1521984805769.jpg

IMG_20180325_200540.jpg

IMG_20180325_200726.jpg

IMG20180320163050.jpg

• Like 1

Nice find Kevvy. I will certainly go to have a look at this place. I love taking photos of abandoned buildings, rusting machinery and anything else in a state of decay. I find they are far more interesting to me than photographing scenery, people etc.

XB

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mate it is amazing at least an hour there . The whole time no one came inside they had showers(broken now) in the wall and out back big Jacuzzi and not completed little rooms at the back .There are still ornaments in the run down sheds

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 7:52 AM, Xboxer said:

Nice find Kevvy. I will certainly go to have a look at this place. I love taking photos of abandoned buildings, rusting machinery and anything else in a state of decay. I find they are far more interesting to me than photographing scenery, people etc.

XB

You might be interested in this topic.

Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand "

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/952668-abandoned-derelict-decaying-locations-around-thailand/

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 5:52 AM, Ron19 said:

You might be interested in this topic.

Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand "

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/952668-abandoned-derelict-decaying-locations-around-thailand/

Thanks Ron. To be honest, everywhere I look around the Province I see a multitude of abandoned buildings but most of them uninteresting. I also like to get among the rusty remains of old machinery and plant. I worry about myself sometimes.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xboxer said:

Thanks Ron. To be honest, everywhere I look around the Province I see a multitude of abandoned buildings but most of them uninteresting. I also like to get among the rusty remains of old machinery and plant. I worry about myself sometimes.?

You would be most welcome  to contribute your images to the topic

which now has 20 pages of mainly images plus some chatter.

30 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

You would be most welcome  to contribute your images to the topic

which now has 20 pages of mainly images plus some chatter.

Yeah, I have considered it Ron. The problem I have is, that I only take pictures of the things that I like and they would not be everybody’s cup of tea, and, I don’t respond well to criticism. However I will consider it and maybe post some of my favorite pics in the near future.

Edited by Xboxer
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2018 at 10:10 AM, Xboxer said:

Yeah, I have considered it Ron. The problem I have is, that I only take pictures of the things that I like and they would not be everybody’s cup of tea, and, I don’t respond well to criticism. However I will consider it and maybe post some of my favorite pics in the near future.

Maybe it's also my cup of tea;

but if I cannot see your pictures ..

Please send them to that topic Ron gave the link :thumbsup:

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today we took a little trip following Kok River up to the Motorbike Bridge.  Very quiet, almost no traffic. 

But I was surprised to see that the river still have quite a good flow of water despite no rain for five months.  So there were much more activities on the river than on the road.

Some photos taken of and from the Motorbike Bridge.  And one photo taken on the Elephant Camp. The elephants seem to have a nice and relaxed time. We did not see any customers. 

Link in Google Maps to the Motorbike Bridge: https://goo.gl/maps/QLH9u544k9Ph6dMb9

Motorbike Bridge-1.JPG

Motorbike Bridge-2.JPG

Motorbike Bridge-5.JPG

Elephant Camp-1.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many places are closed, not much to do in these Corona-times but you can always visit a temple. 

Today we visited Wat Mangkol Thawararam, the temple just beside Art Bridge (almost opposite Makro). 

Many beautiful buildings and very well maintained. 

Link in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/7YitVxmLJt8ZrKXV6

Here are some photos. 

Wat Mangkol Thawararam-02.JPG

Wat Mangkol Thawararam-01.JPG

Wat Mangkol Thawararam-03.JPG

Wat Mangkol Thawararam-04.JPG

Wat Mangkol Thawararam-05.JPG

Wat Mangkol Thawararam-06.JPG

Wat Mangkol Thawararam-07.JPG

Wat Mangkol Thawararam-08.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Last week we visited Wat Phrathat Doi Tha Uttharakham in Thoeng area.  Very nice buildings and the views are fantastic. 

It is quite high up and the road is very steep so it must been quite hard work to get all materials up there. 

Some photos:

1158670678_PhraThatDoiThaUttharakham-10.JPG.ff48ef28c15e46514b49d5aee035be5d.JPG1675824721_PhraThatDoiThaUttharakham-9.JPG.51aa673f3e944d81786397ca9d4a3c4b.JPG693463603_PhraThatDoiThaUttharakham-7.JPG.13716ced58400cca0a186202a2c3ed95.JPG69744545_PhraThatDoiThaUttharakham-6.JPG.65e6221cb12dfe6fdb2e20102180c0d3.JPG710985295_PhraThatDoiThaUttharakham-3.JPG.e6a2d1eeeece32d958ae7d3739d9e444.JPG1610454090_PhraThatDoiThaUttharakham-2.JPG.f553f0168997bac93e586eed9f40c6a0.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The first two photos are from Wat Maha Phothisat Kuan-Im and the next two are from Wat Wiang Kham (another Blue Temple in Chiang Rai Province). Both temples are in Thoet Thai. 

Wat Maha Phothisat Kuan-Im-3.jpg

Wat Maha Phothisat Kuan-Im-5.jpg

Wat Wiang Kham-2.jpg

Wat Wiang Kham-3.jpg

• Like 1