The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

46 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Visited Central Marina the other day and was saddened by the demise of Texas Chicken.  Not that I go often but it was a treat for me once a month.  Place was getting busier over time.  Guess Thai prefer their KFC.

Anyone know of another Texas Chicken in Pattaya?

The closed notice on their door said they had moved to ....... ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

There are a lot of restaurants and other shops in that new service station.

Interesting. It's not too far from me so maybe I'll pay a visit soon. Not exactly a place where I'd go for gourmet food but might be one to pop by while heading south.

Food Court

Avenue Mall

Taiwanese / Chinese stall

Well this place that I consider a "FIND" has apparently not been found by enough people to bother to stay open!

The last two times I visited specifically to eat there, they were dark.

No sign of being officially closed at this point. The signage is still up. But I am not happy with the situation. 

1 hour ago, toenail said:

I do not understand the renovated Marina Mall leasing strategy...( well, maybe I do, the Thai business way of thinking is to lease as much space to food vendors outside and do not care it takes clientele from the big name franchise restaurants that have invested in leasing long term inside the shopping center. Most of the restaurants at Marina shopping center (2nd Rd) are not packed , including the new building that was constructed just for restaurants ( tastefully done). So why does the business manager in charge of leasing and making the place attractive allow food vendors to sell food outside, taking customers away from the established restaurants inside. No one likes to eat in an empty restaurant. Is it a “I do not care” attitude because if the restaurants go out of business, the shopping center already had their long term deposit?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think it fair to say it's two separate markets. Plenty of people wandering around Marina Mall (or any nicer mall) that don't earn enough in a day to take their girl/family to one of the nicer places, and the guys making the long jack will go to the nicer place regardless. 

6 hours ago, toenail said:

I do not understand the renovated Marina Mall leasing strategy...( well, maybe I do, the Thai business way of thinking is to lease as much space to food vendors outside and do not care it takes clientele from the big name franchise restaurants that have invested in leasing long term inside the shopping center. Most of the restaurants at Marina shopping center (2nd Rd) are not packed , including the new building that was constructed just for restaurants ( tastefully done). So why does the business manager in charge of leasing and making the place attractive allow food vendors to sell food outside, taking customers away from the established restaurants inside. No one likes to eat in an empty restaurant. Is it a “I do not care” attitude because if the restaurants go out of business, the shopping center already had their long term deposit?

It's a shame because that new food building is so nice.  Only Shabushi and Santa Fe remain upstairs.  I go to the Santa Fe there the staff is friendly.  It is fairly busy.  Stopped going to the Shabushi there because the other Shabushi restaurants are better.  It was never busy.  

I look around the restaurants downstairs but nothing ever seems to catch my eye.  Is that guy who boiled ramen noodles and sold them still there?  My choice in Central Marina is usually Sukiya.  

Marina suffered a big blow with Terminal 21 opening nearby.  

• 4 weeks later...

Korea Restaurant

in the "Burger King Korean Food Mall"

off 2nd road, North Pattaya, north of Marina, south of T21

I've reviewed this place before. It's an authentic standard Korean dishes and BBQ restaurant. Their banchan is excellent. I've mentioned before it may be the best value in town if you order something like a tofu soup because with it you get their fantastic banchan, including a generous portion of fried fish, rice, water, and watermelon. That deal used to 200. They raised it to 230. Oh well. Still a great deal.

Anyway the news is this. They now have TWO locations. The one above as mentioned that's been there for many years and now a new location in the front of Marina Mall. Personally I think I'll probably keep going back the original one though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Cherry's

3rd road

Pattaya institution. 

Tonight is their CLOSING night. 

Rest

In

Pork

What a shame I liked their buffet.

Any chance they are moving along with many expats to Vietnam or Cambodia?

Would like to visit if they are.

Thanks

On 6/17/2019 at 9:30 PM, Jingthing said:

Korea Restaurant

in the "Burger King Korean Food Mall"

off 2nd road, North Pattaya, north of Marina, south of T21

I've reviewed this place before. It's an authentic standard Korean dishes and BBQ restaurant. Their banchan is excellent. I've mentioned before it may be the best value in town if you order something like a tofu soup because with it you get their fantastic banchan, including a generous portion of fried fish, rice, water, and watermelon. That deal used to 200. They raised it to 230. Oh well. Still a great deal.

Anyway the news is this. They now have TWO locations. The one above as mentioned that's been there for many years and now a new location in the front of Marina Mall. Personally I think I'll probably keep going back the original one though. 

Sounds good.

What is the name of the place?

Is it "Korea restaurant" or another name?

Thanks

Sounds good.
What is the name of the place?
Is it "Korea restaurant" or another name?
Thanks
In English it's either Korea restaurant or Korean. That's it. Don't confuse it with the multiple other Korean restaurants in Burger King Korea town that have less generic Roman script names.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry, but do you know any better restaurant but Kiss to eat not too poisoned food that seems almost healthy ?

I cannot stand anymore all these Thai "restaurants" that always miss ingredients and put more sugar and MSG than processed food.

Only kiss seems reliable for me, what about you ? Not your feeling, please talk about facts, Kiss is the best / most reliable restaurant around Thailand for me !

41 minutes ago, myjawe said:

Sorry, but do you know any better restaurant but Kiss to eat not too poisoned food that seems almost healthy ?

I cannot stand anymore all these Thai "restaurants" that always miss ingredients and put more sugar and MSG than processed food.

Only kiss seems reliable for me, what about you ? Not your feeling, please talk about facts, Kiss is the best / most reliable restaurant around Thailand for me !

Cannot agree about KISS at all.  Have never felt the need to return. Those prawns don't impress me.

I like Don Joe, as aforementioned. Also Ae & Ek Steak and Bakery is popular.

https://www.facebook.com/aeandek/?rf=868180949954735

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ae-Ek-Steak-Bakery-Siamcountry-Club/484725628701455

Jae Na on Thanon Chaiyaphruek is cheap and good. To be found at The Famous House.

If you are referring to low priced restaurants, don't expect too high standards.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Absolute rubbish.

Kiss (especially Jomtien) have been knocking out half decent Thai staple food at a very price for years.

De gustibus non est disputandum 

"In matters of taste, there can be no disputes"

or as we like to say, "There is no accounting for taste".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1