The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Up to you.

Abusive screaming and yelling at staff...??

I would never go there again he sounds abusive and totally disgusting.

You should have told him off for his abuse/attitude and left the place...

I understand that POV but you're obviously a better man than me.

Like I said the food is really good … 

• Sad 1

I recall someone asked about Texas Chicken here before. They had closed their Marina Mall location and moved to a non-central location. Well, more good news. Texas Chicken is on Grab Food delivery. I had tried them once at Marina and didn't like the chicken (super dry) but tried again via Grab Food delivery and found it much better. The sets are in Thai though. Texas Chicken is the same brand as Church's chicken (different names in different American regions). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I recall someone asked about Texas Chicken here before. They had closed their Marina Mall location and moved to a non-central location. Well, more good news. Texas Chicken is on Grab Food delivery. I had tried them once at Marina and didn't like the chicken (super dry) but tried again via Grab Food delivery and found it much better. The sets are in Thai though. Texas Chicken is the same brand as Church's chicken (different names in different American regions). 

I didn't know it was Church's.  How are the biscuits?

Reportedly (credibly) brother restaurants Smokin' Joes (BBQ) and Steak & Company (luxury steakhouse) are for sale along with the guesthouse there. 

Soi Lengkee.

I'm more of a Smokin' Joes kind of guy. Upon two recent visits I found there were some negative changes already. Gratis starter of tortilla chips and bland salsa no longer served. Macaroni and cheese no longer a standard included side (available for extra). 

Assuming the package is sold I wonder if the new owner will keep those two restaurants going. I have no idea of their bottom line but I had the impression that at least Smokin' Joes has a good following.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Reportedly (credibly) brother restaurants Smokin' Joes (BBQ) and Steak & Company (luxury steakhouse) are for sale along with the guesthouse there. 

Soi Lengkee.

I'm more of a Smokin' Joes kind of guy. Upon two recent visits I found there were some negative changes already. Gratis starter of tortilla chips and bland salsa no longer served. Macaroni and cheese no longer a standard included side (available for extra). 

Assuming the package is sold I wonder if the new owner will keep those two restaurants going. I have no idea of their bottom line but I had the impression that at least Smokin' Joes has a good following.

My impression is all these type places are past tense now.

Chinese and other tourists mostly do not even know about them and are not interested in American style BBQ anyway.

And, the westerners I know have been there and done that many not going back.

Plus, it seems more and more are on the cheap not wanting to spend 500 b+ for a meal.

A couple of guys I know have gout issues and that would be the worst choice.

Remember things are a changing. 

So, better if they maybe open as a something else or massage as I think these bbq/steak businesses are way past their prime.

• Like 2

Yes of course I see the bigger trend of western food restaurants closing to be replaced by Indian, Chinese, etc. I'm not particularly bothered by that as Indian and Chinese are among my favorites although the quality of both could be better here. Also, there will always be ITALIAN food, here and everywhere. Hopefully someday we'll get an Ethiopian!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes of course I see the bigger trend of western food restaurants closing to be replaced by Indian, Chinese, etc. 

For me it's a big fat negative but not a showstopper as I can do my own ribs. The trend is not only food so yes, a big negative. 

• Like 1

For me it's a big fat negative but not a showstopper as I can do my own ribs. The trend is not only food so yes, a big negative. 

I was only speaking about the food.

On that note I highly recommend the Shack in Jomtien Complex run by the old Rich Man Poor Man people. I haven't tried their ribs yet but the 1/2 chicken and especially the BBQ beef brisket were excellent. It is a street restaurant though but they do free local delivery. They are weak on sides options though. Location same street as Tinnies pies.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

I suspect that the sale/closing if both Stake & Co and the rib joint is a consequence of the changing face of Pattaya, less and less Western tourist and more Indian and Chinese, can be attributed to many factors, exchange rate, visa difficulties, rip offs like 1,550 Bar fine/3,000 ST for bang average go go girls  etc etc

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I was only speaking about the food.

On that note I highly recommend the Shack in Jomtien Complex run by the old Rich Man Poor Man people. I haven't tried their ribs yet but the 1/2 chicken and especially the BBQ beef brisket were excellent. It is a street restaurant though but they do free local delivery. They are weak on sides options though. Location same street as Tinnies pies.

Where exactly is The Shack?    I am not familiar with Tinnies pies.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

El Greco

Soi Bongkot

South Pattaya

(delivered by Grab Taxi)

I think I may have posted about this place before. They must have the best Greek food in town but for me the location is inconvenient.

There's a place with same name on Koh Chang, south pier. I think it's the same owner? Best Greek food I've had in Thailand was there, the owner with his wife & son was on duty, great place. If Pattaya is their second branch, I hope they can keep the quality as high.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

There's a place with same name on Koh Chang, south pier. I think it's the same owner? Best Greek food I've had in Thailand was there, the owner with his wife & son was on duty, great place. If Pattaya is their second branch, I hope they can keep the quality as high.

It's news to me that they might have two locations. It's not something that I gleaned from conversations there before. Anyway El Greco Pattaya has existed here for several years already. I was concerned for them because of the location but it seems to be a case where the food lovers in town are managing to find them (and/or getting deliveries). 

Edited by Jingthing

12 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

What closing?

You're right. There is no news of those placing closing. They are for sale though. The buyer would get two restaurants and a guesthouse. What happens if and when it's sold is anyone's guess. 

Went to El Greco last week, had their lamb special-was like lamb kabab, proper lamb, came with fries, tzataki, pita and some salad. Lamb was excellent, fries not great, all others OK, Missus had lamb stew with spaghetti and was  excellent-I just love the way Greeks cook spaghetti, far better than the Italians for me.

I have been going to El Greco for many years, as I just love Greek food. Always find their lamb dishes good, their salads are a bit lifeless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Thanks for that info but I'm not interested in Tinnies.    I would like to know where the Shack is located.

I already said. On the same street as Tinnies. Tinnies is on the corner of Tappraya. Find it. Walk in there. It's one of the STALLS on your left, first block. 

https://www.facebook.com/Richman-Poorman-1507499469486571/

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I already said. On the same street as Tinnies. Tinnies is on the corner of Tappraya. Find it. Walk in there. It's one of the STALLS on your left, first block. 

Thank You.    I did not know what stree Tinnies was on.

I tried to find every restaurant in Pats what advertise on the net no just luck

all streets have no numbers the taxis even motorbike taxis did not know them

so I decided to try a German restaurant in Jomtien (which cost me 500 baht to get there 

and 500 to go back) and I found it had the most beautiful and tasty food in Pats(Jomtien)

Yes you could smoke in the restaurant but it never bothered me even after I gave up

smoking years ago. The food was delicious and not very expensive if you enjoy European

food try this https://www.facebook.com/ISS-WAS-612542658850207/

Heard many people recommending Richman Poorman but never tried it as I find American food greasy and overcooked, also their standard dishes just seem like fast food to me. Clicked on the link you provided.

OMG my worst fears confirmed! Go to the menu page ad look at the photos. Can't believe the owner would post them as examples of his food. Would be cheap transport cafe food, in the UK.

34534685_2135602000009645_1490663232954695680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108%26_nc_oc=AQnA2SUHSrWiHoYk_8hap2G6sy7qoXdBMZ2V4z8XbAL8p8-86zgeUPHgOc4KBuKzcQM%26_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx%26oh=9ed63742cba78ea40610f30a04c3988b%26oe=5DB996D2&key=0902b7421fc674c52075a5efac59c793177347139baf1fdbfa3fced3acbec3c8

Eggs Benedict? I don't tink so, it would have gone straight back to the kitchen, if I'd been served it. What's it swimming in? Oil?

34667218_2135601726676339_9205086883606953984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102%26_nc_oc=AQnXEhclA9Blg2ImYVTX9EiJ3-qoNLXvyaJikAdQK_NPxgu05YZ0AQjxb09CVdna_WU%26_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx%26oh=d1497884f2e3a63092c484f2d317821e%26oe=5DADF4E1&key=fca6f32f8b5ec4d78eff829304e0527343bd05e76e86af6917be317db38421ea
OM double G. Cremated sausage meat, equally cremated egg and, wait for it....a Kraft cheese slice. Quality.
Well don't go then.
American food is a big space for a big country with many regional variations.
But to be clear I am suggesting that their BBQ meats are worth trying. Especially the beef brisket when they have it. I really haven't done their breakfasts though I did enjoy a steak and eggs plate once at their original location.
For breakfasts in the area I do like the pancake set breakfast at Big Kahuna.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well don't go then.

OK thanks for the advice, helpful as always. Actually, I'd kinda decided that myself. 

Just thought that others might want to see the food that some rate as the best breakfast in Pattaya. I was seriously thinking of giving it a try which is why I clicked on your link. Lucky escape. Thanks again.

BTW. Still not sure of the exact location of Tinnies. On or near Tappraya, close to Pratumnak is the best I can do.

Edited by petemoss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, petemoss said:

OK thanks for the advice, helpful as always. Actually, I'd kinda decided that myself. 

Just thought that others might want to see the food that some rate as the best breakfast in Pattaya. I was seriously thinking of giving it a try which is why I clicked on your link. Lucky escape. Thanks again.

BTW. Still not sure of the exact location of Tinnies. On or near Tappraya, close to Pratumnak is the best I can do.

I am sure that Googling is not beyond your capabilities.....if it is, try between the Hanuman statue and the Beach Road police box.... on the right handside waling to the beach.

Be clear. The new place is called the Shack. That's an optimistic description. It's no longer a full service restaurant. The original restaurant is history. I never said it was the best breakfast anywhere. I guess I would recommend Pascals for breakfast like most everyone else. Many people like Steak and Company's breakfasts as well.  

The Shack is in the same street as this wonderful place. Speaking of which they have French style breakfasts. Or go for their amazing Slate which is more like a lunch or brunch.

https://m.facebook.com/odelicejomtien/