The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

38 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

You already know my thoughts, when it last came up almost a year ago.

OK. I think I recall that you were not happy to hear reviews of delivery meals. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

I rejected that complaint because food delivered from restaurants is still restaurant food although obviously sometimes degraded by the delivery process.

I don't think you commented on discount codes but yeah I can infer you don't want to hear that either if its about delivery food.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

Keep it here because people are also reviewing the food and some might wish to pay a visit to the premises to eat in based on the reviews. More places are probably going to be recieving sit-in customers from today.

Thanks for the comment.

My view is the food delivery segment of the market has become so popular and ingrained internationally that it will persist to a large degree even after the pandemic is over. And its not nearly over.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Have noticed a popular, but inexpensive place near the junction of Sukhumvit/Thepprasit (not the Tesco side).

The menu looked relatively simple. Steak, fries salad. That sort of thing. But the prices seemed good. Perhaps from 49 or 59 baht. I'll take pics the next time I'm there. Has anyone tried it?

It's a franchise all over Thailand since so many years, have you been living in a cave ?

40 thb chicken steak and 60 thb fish steak, the real price of things, but people seem to enjoy paying 10 times more for the same thing...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Why such a rude and patronising post?

Real price of things? Such a simplistic statement. Is rent the same everywhere in Thailand?

Not every restaurant can survive on such low margins. 

Who do you know who enjoys paying 400 baht for a chicken steak and/or 600 baht for a fish steak? Try to be nice. How many people have you insulted in a single post? Hopefully you can do better the next time.

Thank you for the summary of the restaurant itself. I don't eat out much; but cheap cuts of meat and frozen chips aren't high on my list personally. But this isn't a thread featuring gourmet restaurants; rather people just telling about what they have experienced.

So I posed the question in case it was of interest to others.

You mean people also living in a cave ? ????

steak lung nhuad

Edited by solafr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

To be clear this is a thread about any and all levels of local restaurants if people want to post about them.

Why are you quoting me; that is exactly what I stated. That there is no "real price of things" and that the thread isn't about the lowest nor highest price. Keep up....or do you love the people that come on here babbling about anything over 100 baht being a rip-off?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I just didn't see the point of your post at all. It's clear that I know that this thread is about all local restaurants because, that is what I wrote. It's a thread that can include food from all price ranges.

So it appears that it was you who misunderstood. 

Anyway, all clear now.

OK.

I look forward to more restaurant information from you. All sincere contributions are very welcome.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Think?

Not sure what that has to do with whether the restaurant is open or not?

Yes, I think I ordered from there a second time. As it came by delivery I can't be 100 percent sure, can I? Maybe the food came from some other "mystery" restaurant. You're right that just because a place is doing delivery doesn't necessarily mean that they are open. But I'm guessing there is a good chance that they are. 

This time I had the hor mok talay and cashew chicken. 

The hor mok talay was excellent. I simply loved it. 

I almost never order cashew chicken but I thought it would be an interesting "test" of this restaurant. 

It was interesting alright. I liked it but the flavor of the sauce didn't seem typical. I think of that dish as being oyster sauce dominant and this seemed to have some kind of dominant red perhaps tomato element. No I don't think the red was from chili. There weren't many cashews but that didn't bother me. The chicken meat was generous and cooked very well. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. Again I thought the flavoring of the sauce was a bit odd. 

Edited by Jingthing

16 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

I thought we were discussing Thai Food here?

Yeah, I get it. It's a Chinese origin dish. It's one of the stereotypical dishes that westerners that don't like spicy food order often. But there's nothing wrong with the dish if it's cooked well like pretty much any other dish. 

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Looking for some feedback here.

I know I'm not the only one that's doing a lot of delivery food these days that ALSO likes discounts.

Do you think current discount information such as promotional codes for delivery apps should be posted here or perhaps there should be a separate thread only for that kind of specialized information. What do you think?

I have not yet used a delivery app but am fully aware of their importance and the time will come.

Post it all here.

I still prefer to go to a restaurant, have several near me on soi bukhao that also do deliveries.

The rise of the number of 'Hungry Now " bikes  is quite something.

Grab busy as well.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, seasia said:

Hi

I tried " Hungry Hippo" the restaurant on soi bukhao the other day.

I wanted a beef burger that's all.

They list an " Australian beef burger 200gm. 89 baht.

I doubt it was Aussie beef at that low price but it was big and it was tasty.

Glass of Coke/Sprite available 29 baht , free refill.

Decent size glass and refill was almost automatic when one of the staff noticed I was finished.

Good service.

I was happy and have returned and will return.

Is it possible that the menu was indicating the style of the burger instead of the origin of the meat? Such as having a beetroot on it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

February Promotion code for Hungry Now App.

85 baht off orders over 299 baht.

Code will not work on otherwise discounted menu items.

Limited to using 8 times.

Good for this month of February only.

Voucher code to enter when you order is case sensitive:

LUCKY85

85 baht off of a 299 order is nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 1