The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

On 2/1/2021 at 12:42 PM, Jingthing said:

Heads up for those wanting to know how to view the changing DAILY MENU at Ali Baba Express. Remember its delivery only and free delivery to central Pattaya and other nearby areas in Jomtien  etc.

https://m.facebook.com/alibabaexpressdelivery

I regret to report that the last "daily" menu for this to me almost too good to be true service was posted last Wednesday. This is/was (?) a very, very new service but I fear it's longevity may be akin to a wildebeest babe being born in front of a pride of lions. 

Oh, the humanity.

If there is a miraculous resurrection, I'll let you know. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Anybody have a menu?.......cant seem to find one on the net

Or failing that an idea of prices?

cheers

Well you can see the HungryNow prices for that restaurant on their app. I'm not sure if they match the eat in restaurant exactly but they seem at least fairly close to me. Short answer is moderate prices. 

30 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

At least some years ago they had different prices on their English and Thai menu.

I never went there again after I found out.

Me too. I never went in even once.

But like I said I'm enjoying their food from an app and based on the quality their prices on the app seem fair enough.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Well you can see the HungryNow prices for that restaurant on their app. I'm not sure if they match the eat in restaurant exactly but they seem at least fairly close to me. Short answer is moderate prices. 

Found it on Hungrynow....................prices seem reasonable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But double pricing sucks!

I really think you should not be accusing restaurants of double pricing without proof.

All I know is, I have photos of Khrua Nha Baan including its menu, since it first opened, and I have never seen any evidence of double pricing, so ... ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

I really think you should not be accusing restaurants of double pricing without proof.

All I know is, I have photos of Khrua Nha Baan including its menu, since it first opened, and I have never seen any evidence of double pricing, so ... ?

So. This discussion is over.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Nout said:

For Levantine food. Soi 6 Pratumnak. Modest prices. 150 yards down on the right..

20210206_191439.jpg

Agreed.  It's on the Jingthing four wildly gyrating falafel balls list. Levantine might be too high falutin a word for some though so I will add Arabic / Middle Eastern. 

https://m.facebook.com/falafelandhummus1

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, thailandbeachisland said:

For the low quality ingredients and how unhealthy is most thai food, anybody not totally idiot understands that it MUST be cheap.

Or in the case of some people...know nothing about Thai food nor have any Thai friends..Thai food can be some of the healthiest in the world...compared the to grease and sugar burgers that pass as food amongst some expats...LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nout said:

Or in the case of some people...know nothing about Thai food nor have any Thai friends..Thai food can be some of the healthiest in the world...compared the to grease and sugar burgers that pass as food amongst some expats...LOL

Yes genius, compare burgers and Thai steam vegetables !

I am talking about daily Thai food that 99% Thai eat, only sauce, salt and sugar !

But maybe someone who knows nothing cannot know this also ?

????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Agreed.  It's on the Jingthing four wildly gyrating falafel balls list. Levantine might be too high falutin a word for some though so I will add Arabic / Middle Eastern. 

https://m.facebook.com/falafelandhummus1

They ..the restaurant, call  themselves Levantine, perhaps thus avoiding the Jewish/Moslem..Israeli/Arab dichotomy...But you apparently know better...or you will if you buy a dictionary...LOL

2 minutes ago, Nout said:

They ..the restaurant, call  themselves Levantine, perhaps thus avoiding the Jewish/Moslem..Israeli/Arab dichotomy...But you apparently know better...or you will if you buy a dictionary...LOL

Hey there. I wasn't disagreeing with the word but I think many people don't know what it is and do know what Arabic or Middle Eastern is. In case people care its obviously not an Israeli restaurant. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hey there. I wasn't disagreeing with the word but I think many people don't know what it is and do know what Arabic or Middle Eastern is. In case people care its obviously not an Israeli restaurant. 

How so? I dunno..the food is Levantine..assume what you want..this is a food thread..not political..

• Confused 1

Sunday roast lunch at The Caddyshack, Soi 8 off Thepprasit Road,  a 3 course set of soup, choice of pork, chicken or beef for the mains, with a chocolate brownie and ice cream to finish for 245 Baht.  Got the seal of approval from everyone in our group and given all tables were occupied while we were there, a popular choice. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nout said:

How so? I dunno..the food is Levantine..assume what you want..this is a food thread..not political..

If you knew anything about Israeli food you would already know its not an Israeli restaurant. You seem like many to be baiting for an argument. I'm not getting sucked into your game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, thailandbeachisland said:

Yes genius, compare burgers and Thai steam vegetables !

I am talking about daily Thai food that 99% Thai eat, only sauce, salt and sugar !

But maybe someone who knows nothing cannot know this also ?

????

cannot know this also..LOL

• Haha 1