Thai Visa Forum

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted on the other thread (about businesses opening and closing) a few weeks ago about the Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub that has opened in the former Punch & Judy premises on Soi 17 (Soi Region

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B. Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punter

You have mentioned this in other posts repeatedly???? I know a good short time hotel.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

O'Garas Irish 

Pratumnak

https://m.facebook.com/TaraOgaras/

I'm sure lots of locals know this place but trying it was new to me.

On the theme of poultry and stuffing meals O'Garas offers a feast of a large European 1/2 roast chicken seasoned well, delicious stuffing, and I recall mash and vegetables as well.

350 baht but on Grab discounts are frequently offered. I'll definitely order that again.

Also tried their lasagna served with salad. Not really Italian style lasagne. I guess its more like pub grub style. One sheet of pasta only as a base. A nice salad but delivered undressed. But adding olive oil and red wine vinegar at home it was delicious. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Guang Seafood Restaurant 

Third road North Pattaya 

Correction.

Second road.

Not Third road!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 12:44 PM, Yellowtail said:

Is the "Wine Connection" at RGP open?

anything interesting to eat there ?

or usual industrial food as most franchises ?

1 hour ago, l4ml4m said:

You should probably avoid it...

6 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

Wine 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey eaters, it's only take out and delivery now, but I'm sure lots of you are doing just that.

Are you "discovering" any new (to you) restaurants that way?

I have.

My latest is Jimmy's (Jomtien) on the free delivery (with frequent discount codes) Hungry Now app. 

I went for their apparently popular Sunday roast. Had the mixed meats. I'm not British so you can discount this, but I found it to be one of the better ones in town (haven't tried them all though). 

I think it was 325 on the app and both the quality and portions were good. 

Of course had leftover meats to cook with later.

The roast carrots were particularly delightful because they had that "chi" of the roast. Also the chicken was a large with bone leg/thigh. Two medium sized nicely done Yorkshire puddings.

I will definitely order roasts again from Jimmy's even though I'm not an every Sunday guy.

Anyway, please don't be shy about posting about restaurant delivery food here. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

An argumentative  troll post has been removed

I suspect that may be why so few people are posting recently, so many rockets lurking out there. People go to a bit of effort to post reviews, photos and opinions and these rockets contribute jack, just stick boot in. Rant over.

I had Sunday Roast from Jimmys a few weeks ago, had the roast lamb. Remember them roast carrots too. Was a fine meal, decent value too.

But, have to say, it was surpassed last Sunday. Had the carvery Sunday Roast from Sportsman. What a meal, huge and everything top notch. Normally, 395B but discounted on Hungry Now to 255B. There were 5 different meats, I had some meats for dinner yesterday and have roast beef for today. Awesome meal overall, wont be beaten in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Once a week, we crack a bottle of red and order an Indian take away. Having tried several, Curry Home near Lingkee junction, free delivery, and the best Indian food I have found in Pattaya. I do also like India By Nature, who are now doing a special discounted menu.

• Like 1

Retox game on are doing these big boxes of fast food, ideal finger food for when watching sport at weekends with friends and beers. Great value and big portions. Hopefully, they will do a pick it yourself mix and match.

1 hour ago, hackjam said:

I suspect that may be why so few people are posting recently, so many rockets lurking out there. People go to a bit of effort to post reviews, photos and opinions and these rockets contribute jack, just stick boot in. Rant over.

Not sure about that.

If there is a lack of posts, then its probably down to how many get removed for various inconsistent and spurious infractions.

Edited by TaaSaparot