BANGKOK 23 February 2019 09:21
Jingthing

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

17 hours ago, balo said:

Thais loves sweet desserts, and they have a reputation from the big malls in Bangkok.

I find it amusing , the desserts they sell are too sweet for me and it does not look healthy.

I rarely see farangs inside. And who wants to wait for a table just for some honey cake with cream or whatever. 

Yes.

I think this country also drinks more of those sweet 1200 calorie coffee/tea drinks then any place I know.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, TaaSaparot said:

What does 'After You' in Terminal 21 sell that is so popular, that there is always a long queue waiting for whatever it is ?

Everyone every place I go is crowded.

It is not inexpensive from Thai standards, but they really seem to love the place. It is good but I would never wait in line for dessert Dairy Queen can satisfy me just fine.

8 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Not true, the owner has posted why it has been temporarily postponed on his FB page.

OK I am not an active FB user, what does he say about this ? 

5 minutes ago, balo said:

OK I am not an active FB user, what does he say about this ? 

Suspended for high season.

37 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Suspended for high season.

Yeah that's what it says but people can still wonder what's the story behind the story. It's hard to believe it's about one abusive customer, they could just ban such a person. The only ideas I have are they get enough regular menu customers for high season Sunday lunches and/or the staff is burnt out by heavy crowds on weekend nights and need a rest.

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The only ideas I have are they get enough regular menu customers for high season Sunday lunches

That's my guess. Quite a lot of places suspend their best offers during high season, and I suspect it is for that reason.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The only ideas I have are they get enough regular menu customers for high season Sunday lunches and/or the staff is burnt out by heavy crowds on weekend nights and need a rest.

Pretty much what he said.

Will return in March.

7 hours ago, wpcoe said:

a cross section was about 2/3 breading and 1/3 chicken, and the breading was *soaked* with oil. 

Yes, KFC. Never understood why people like eating cardboard boxes with a tiny sliver of chicken in it. Haven't tried in other countries so not sure if it's better there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

There is a new Vietnamese restaurant just opened up it's doors. 

Location is on Thappraya rd , only 200 meters from the intersection to S-Pattaya. 

I only looked inside , and they seem to offer genuine Vietnamese dishes, sandwiches and coffee.   Someone need to visit and check them out , I might try a lunch there next time on my way to Jomtien. 

Just go back a page.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, TaaSaparot said:

What does 'After You' in Terminal 21 sell that is so popular, that there is always a long queue waiting for whatever it is ?

Every After You in any mall is always busy.  If I were to open a food place in Thailand it would be an After You.