BANGKOK 26 April 2019 12:38
Jingthing

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

They are all Japanese restaurants. Two feature Gyodon and one DIY teppan. 

Yoshinoya in Thailand is not good.  I do like the ones in Jakarta though.  Sukiya is much better than Yoshinoya in Thailand not to mention much cheaper too.  I recall seeing a Sukiya in Dotonbori on my recent trip to Japan but never saw a Yoshinoya in Tokyo, Osaka, or Kyoto.  Neither is even close to some of the big Japanese gyudon chains in Japan but unfortunately I don't live in Japan.

I've tried Pepper Lunch in Singapore and DMK.  Didn't enjoy it either time and I like DIY teppanayaki in some restaurants in Canada.

Edited by AlexCanada
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Yoshinoya in Thailand is not good.  I do like the ones in Jakarta though.  Sukiya is much better than Yoshinoya in Thailand not to mention much cheaper too.  I recall seeing a Sukiya in Dotonbori on my recent trip to Japan but never saw a Yoshinoya in Tokyo, Osaka, or Kyoto.  Neither is even close to some of the big Japanese gyudon chains in Japan but unfortunately I don't live in Japan.

I've tried Pepper Lunch in Singapore and DMK.  Didn't enjoy it either time and I like DIY teppanayaki in some restaurants in Canada.

Thanks for that. I was planning on sticking to Sukiya anyway. I haven't even tried Pepper Lunch because their concept freaks me out and I don't even much like teppanyaki places where they cook it for you. 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:41 AM, TaaSaparot said:

'34 Chowringhee Lane' on Pattaya Glang, near Fascino, advertising Indian Burritos for 50 baht a pop.

Indian Chain with 35+ branches in India.

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Indian Chain with 35+ branches in India.

I noticed it walking yesterday and gave the guy some tips on how to advertise on Facebook. I'm going to try it today and I'll report back (came here to see if it had been posted already). Looks very promising.

The best place in town for BBQ smoked ribs, in my opinion, is changing hands. RichManPoorMan at Jomtien Beach Rd & Soi9 will likely not be the same as a result. You have to March 9th to get your last fill there.

The green sauce is cilantro, yes?

So had you not helped with Facebook he might not have made sure your wrap was good?

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Described on their menu as Mint Mayonnaise 

http://www.34chowringheelane.com/

Interested to see if it is actually biryani they are serving.

There is no biryani on the Pattaya menu.

Not talking about websites.

I mean the actual menu at the actual restaurant.

Go for the rolls.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So had you not helped with Facebook he might not have made sure your wrap was good?

I'm not sure what the green sauce is, but I'd like to know. Seems like it has some yoghurt in it? Not sure. It's quite sour and spicy--lovely to me. My other favorite Indian place Aroma/Colors has it too.

I have no idea if he made the wrap better for me. I just mentioned what he said in the interest of full disclosure. I'm guessing the one I got is just what they serve--it really was nice. The actual 'tortilla' was amazing, flaky like a pastry. I would love a Mexican burrito with a wrapper like that. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it again.

I’m going to be in Pattaya for the weekend.

How’s the Friday seafood and Monday TexMex buffets at the Hilton?

• Like 1