BANGKOK 24 May 2019 16:04
Jingthing

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Tried the Seven Sins at T21 yesterday. As Jingthing said, a bit better MK. Grossly overpriced, the tab came to 3300 baht for 2 adults and three kids, nothing special, just a few plates of meat, taste was as mediocre, as mall chain food tends to be. Even AKA in Central is better. Meh. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Tried the Seven Sins at T21 yesterday. As Jingthing said, a bit better MK. Grossly overpriced, the tab came to 3300 baht for 2 adults and three kids, nothing special, just a few plates of meat, taste was as mediocre, as mall chain food tends to be. Even AKA in Central is better. Meh. 

Sounds like you ordered the BEEF. :stoner:

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds like you ordered the BEEF. :stoner:

Yeah a couple of portions, Aus ribeye. 440 baht for what I think was around 100 grams of meat. Wagyu was over 1k IIRC, would not be surprised if the portion was even smaller, skipped that as it was so obviously overpriced. Had veggies, pork and sushi too, all very average.

• Thanks 1

Heads up for all the pastafarians.

Simon's Israeli (sadly closed) is now some kind of Spaghetti Bistrot.

I was too lazy to walk up the stairs to look at it up close but it's an interesting concept for the area.

Soi Buakow night market (not Pattaya Tai) 

Posted (edited)

Teddy's Bigger Burgers

Teddy's Smaller Menu

(previously "reviewed" here) 

OK, this is a bit catty but looking at the menu at this place in T21 mall I noticed that SEVERAL menu items have been discontinued. This is an international chain so they're down to being a less than example of that. That doesn't look good to see so many items you can't order. They're focusing on the their burgers now, not surprising.

Gone for example was the Hawaiian Moco Loco. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On April 20, 2019 at 2:31 AM, DrTuner said:

Is that location on the death row where the venezuelan joint dispappeared after only a few weeks? If ex-RMPM would do a real american bbq only joint in Jomthien with parking nearby, I'd be a regular. Their ribs were the best in town.

image.thumb.jpg.dddf331853b357c20971ecf6c75e5acd.jpgLooks like one of those kiosks on the left behind the SuperTown sign could be where it will be located going by the description.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

image.thumb.jpg.dddf331853b357c20971ecf6c75e5acd.jpgLooks like one of those kiosks on the left behind the SuperTown sign could be where it will be located going by the description.

Tinnie's inflatable advertiser has gone a bit limp. Must be down to the hot weather.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Looks like one of those kiosks on the left behind the SuperTown sign could be where it will be located going by the description.

That's the ex sunrise tacos? Still suffers from lack of parking, I'd be a lot more in the area if I could just park somewhere nearby. There's only a few spots at the curb and they're usually full. A pity as the area has good restaurants.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

That's the ex sunrise tacos? Still suffers from lack of parking, I'd be a lot more in the area if I could just park somewhere nearby. There's only a few spots at the curb and they're usually full. A pity as the area has good restaurants.

Yes, the very same place.

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Try driving down the Soi and park near Antz restaurant. Or you might try the opposite side of Tappraya by on the Soi by the Neo Hotel. 

• Thanks 1

Teddy's Bigger Burgers
Teddy's Smaller Menu

(previously "reviewed" here) 

OK, this is a bit catty but looking at the menu at this place in T21 mall I noticed that SEVERAL menu items have been discontinued. This is an international chain so they're down to being a less than example of that. That doesn't look good to see so many items you can't order. They're focusing on the their burgers now, not surprising.
Gone for example was the Hawaiian Moco Loco. 

If they have slow moving menu items the choice is sell old stock or raise prices.

20 minutes ago, mogandave said:

If they have slow moving menu items the choice is sell old stock or raise prices.

I guess my point is that this is an international chain so they present you with a menu representing the menu from the international chain. Then you look at it and there are several things on that chain menu that they don't serve. It looks really bad to the customer. I won't go further, but people can guess what I'm thinking and what many customers will think as well. Oh well. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Loads of parking usually on Jomtien Beach Road. It's only a short walk from there or you can always hop on a songthauw. 

I guess my point is that this is an international chain so they present you with a menu representing the menu from the international chain. Then you look at it and there are several things on that chain menu that they don't serve. It looks really bad to the customer. I won't go further, but people can guess what I'm thinking and what many customers will think as well. Oh well. 

It’s been my experience that most every international chain has missing and or extra menu items.

I agree it blows, but assuming it’s a chain you like, cutting (what I assume are) slow menu items is much better than seeing them go tits-up.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

It’s been my experience that most every international chain has missing and or extra menu items.

I agree it blows, but assuming it’s a chain you like, cutting (what I assume are) slow menu items is much better than seeing them go tits-up.

I don't even like them and it seems not many local people do either. I tried them once on eatigo.