BANGKOK
Jingthing

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Major new food find in a rather surprising setting. Yes, I've tried it (not free) and this is a winner. Run don't walk there. If the stairs put you off there is a nearby elevator. If Pattaya people don't support food this good at prices this reasonable, then what that says about Pattaya is not good!

Robin Hood Tavern

MAX's MENU (small gourmet level plates)

Avenue Mall front

2nd road

One floor up

Bonus -- No plus plus on the bill. 

This video tells you all you need to know about Max's menu so I won't bother!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

One comment on the new food court at Central.......HELLA DAMM EXPENSIVE.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Yeah, it's a "luxury" food court concept. But they still have the more budget friendly one with the same food as before on the beach side, but they raised the prices on that as well! So I think most locals anyway are going to T21 for the classic budget food court experience. 

• Like 1

We just had pad seyu moo and rad na at the food court in Avenue mall. 55 or 65 baht each. My pad seeyu was better than at the Thai outlets in T21 food court and many local restaurants. Such a simple dish, but it does the trick.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

We just had pad seyu moo and rad na at the food court in Avenue mall. 55 or 65 baht each. My pad seeyu was better than at the Thai outlets in T21 food court and many local restaurants. Such a simple dish, but it does the trick.

Yeah, I've had some OK Thai food there.

I was sad though that the Taiwanese food stall closed. I may have been their only customer, ha ha.

Now that you mention it there is a basic Thai dish (pad krapow) that I've tried at two stalls at T21 and both times really not good at all (and had a better but not great one at the Avenue). 

5 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Geezuz .... you have it bad.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Geezuz .... you have it bad.

Have what bad? An American accent?

On 12/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, Jingthing said:

Major new food find in a rather surprising setting. Yes, I've tried it (not free) and this is a winner. Run don't walk there. If the stairs put you off there is a nearby elevator. If Pattaya people don't support food this good at prices this reasonable, then what that says about Pattaya is not good!

Robin Hood Tavern

MAX's MENU (small gourmet level plates)

Avenue Mall front

2nd road

One floor up

Bonus -- No plus plus on the bill. 

This video tells you all you need to know about Max's menu so I won't bother!

I went and yes, good. The price is ok, I had four items. Especially the mini burgers were really good. The place was packed on Saturday. Still life left in the old Avenue.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, went to Robin Hood at Avenue and had Sunday Roast. Have to say, one of the best Sunday Roasts I have had in Pattaya. Its seems to be a buffet type set up, I opted for the large plated meal, for 299B with 30B extra for lamb. So the drill is, you just go up and get them to carve meat-I had lamb and chicken and help yourself to veg etc. I suspect you can go all in and have starter and desert and as many trips as you want?? They also do small plated dinner, think it was 199B, service good-all service girls fit, which is always easy on the eye.

All good quality and fair price, would recommend.

• Like 2

Yeah I don't require roast dinners very often but thought it was pretty good at Robin Hood the one time I went.

I want to add that on top of their regular menu and Max's wonderful small plate menu they also do DAILY SPECIALS and they seem quite attractive (and good value) as well. 

Robin Hood may well have found the sweet spot in a location that has proved challenging to say the least for previous restaurants there.

Check out the specials on FB or on the placard on the ground floor under the restaurant:

https://www.facebook.com/Therobinhoodpattaya/

Edited by Jingthing

Agree, looks like they have turned the corner recently, I have eaten there a lot in the last 8 or 9 months and never been disappointed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TaaSaparot said:

In case someone missed it, Tequila Reef re-opens tomorrow, as Reef Cantina in Welcome Town, off Pattaya Glang.

Thanks, interesting location they chose. For me better because of parking but not much foot traffic. Not sure if it can survive there. Seems to be part of a general trend of western joints moving away from beach road side.