The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

Especially if it,s a Bury black pudding...

Or a Clonakilty, awesome white and black puddings.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted on the other thread (about businesses opening and closing) a few weeks ago about the Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub that has opened in the former Punch & Judy premises on Soi 17 (Soi Region

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B. Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punter

You have mentioned this in other posts repeatedly???? I know a good short time hotel.

Posted Images

Odessa Ukrainian restaurant in Jomtien previously very positively reviewed here is back on a delivery app. Hungry Now. 

Have visited numerous times and also on apps. 

If you get the borscht be sure to order the garlic donuts to accompany. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Odessa Ukrainian restaurant in Jomtien previously very positively reviewed here is back on a delivery app. Hungry Now. 

Have visited numerous times and also on apps. 

If you get the borscht be sure to order the garlic donuts to accompany. 

Beetroot Soup so not as to confuse the Brit Greasers.😀

10 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Beetroot Soup so not as to confuse the Brit Greasers.😀

You will be really confused then, when you find out there is other variations of Borscht 😀

Oh, I forgot to mention that Odessa Restaurant also not surprisingly has a number of Russian dishes. OK, Ukrainian and Russian food is very similar of course. But the big "news" is that they are now doing at least one famous Georgian dish, Adjaruli Khachapurim, which is available by Hungry Now app as well. 

https://www.curiouscuisiniere.com/khachapuri-georgian-cheese-bread/

I haven't tried their version yet myself but I did see a rave about it elsewhere.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht

Right you are but I was referring to the classic Ukrainian beet version to have with the garlic and donuts.

OK the "donuts" are probably not what you're thinking of.

They're basically dinner rolls served with garlic oil to dip them in. 

Edited by Jingthing
39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that Odessa Restaurant also not surprisingly has a number of Russian dishes. OK, Ukrainian and Russian food is very similar of course. But the big "news" is that they are now doing at least one famous Georgian dish, Adjaruli Khachapurim, which is available by Hungry Now app as well. 

https://www.curiouscuisiniere.com/khachapuri-georgian-cheese-bread/

I haven't tried their version yet myself but I did see a rave about it elsewhere.

Had a squint at their FB feed and their food looks very appealing to my taste; i.e. not spicy. I am in Jomtien next week and will give it a try. It will be a first for me.

We tried Odessa about 5 weeks ago, on the recommendation of a foodie friend, have to say, not impressed.

I know it was during lockdown, they had no chicken, which he did recommend, missus asked for seabass I think, no have, they did have a salmon steak, came way undercooked, part raw. 

I had lamb chops which were OK. But, maybe my fault, came with no veg or potatoes. I should maybe have asked what does it come with? But you would expect to be prompted by waitress also. 

There was a cat roaming around, we were only 2 customers there and bill, for what we got, was expensive, a few plus plus.

Just got the impression they only wanted to cater for the Ivan.

They did give a complimentary shot of something like vodka and a raw pork appetizer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, hackjam said:

We tried Odessa about 5 weeks ago, on the recommendation of a foodie friend, have to say, not impressed.

I know it was during lockdown, they had no chicken, which he did recommend, missus asked for seabass I think, no have, they did have a salmon steak, came way undercooked, part raw. 

I had lamb chops which were OK. But, maybe my fault, came with no veg or potatoes. I should maybe have asked what does it come with? But you would expect to be prompted by waitress also. 

There was a cat roaming around, we were only 2 customers there and bill, for what we got, was expensive, a few plus plus.

Just got the impression they only wanted to cater for the Ivan.

They did give a complimentary shot of something like vodka and a raw pork appetizer. 

Honestly I think you didn't order the right things. Many good restaurants are not so good if you fail to order what they excel at. Like you can't go wrong with items like dumplings pelmeni, potato pancakes, etc.  I've always been welcome there. The pork thing is traditional Ukrainian. I don't eat that. I don't think its raw though. It is basically fat. But I hear you. Sounds like you won't be going back. Up to you. 

Edited by Jingthing
Posted (edited)

BTW I just had delivery from Odessa.

The borscht as good as ever.

Tried the Georgian cheese bread pie thing.

I've never been to that Georgia so I can't say how authentic it was but I can say it's way too big for one person. The cheese was kind of like a rustic soft farmers cheese. I couldn't even locate the egg. I wonder if they make that cheese themselves as I've never tasted that before. A very large portion of cheese. It's possible that it just melded into the cheese. I enjoyed trying it but it's not a repeat order for me. Did I mention it had cheese? 

I've had a similar dish elsewhere without the soft type of cheese and definitely had the egg. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Yes, I've been there. They have good food, although not cheap.

They also are on at least one app (I forget which).

For manti I also recommend the 8 Horseshoe Tavern on the Tappraya hill between Jomtien and Pattaya.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2