The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

1 hour ago, Alsxex2005 said:

Very good kitchen AUSHA SHOP !  Tasty and cheap !
Easy found in Facebook

How's business? (Sorry.)

• Haha 2
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted on the other thread (about businesses opening and closing) a few weeks ago about the Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub that has opened in the former Punch & Judy premises on Soi 17 (Soi Region

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B. Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punter

You have mentioned this in other posts repeatedly???? I know a good short time hotel.

Posted Images

Farang Food

(Don't shoot the messenger. That's how they're named on Food Panda!)

Location -- Food Panda app or 43/8 Moo 11 Sukhumwit road, Nongprue Banglamung.

Actually I don't even know if it's an actual restaurant. Some places are just kitchens for deliveries.

Now for something a little bit different. Russian and some Ukraine and "Georgian" food that gave me the impression of eating food from Soviet era USSR (as I imagine, I wasn't there).

Low prices. Hearty "people's" food. Portions. There are portions. About as far from gourmet as you can imagine and yet somehow satisfying.

I tried three things:

Chicken Pilaf 70 baht

Obviously a rice dish. The rice was nicely colored. It might have been whole grain. The chicken pieces were small, some bone, gristle, and fat, Comrade. The flavor was minimal.

Stew Eggplant with vegetables 60 baht

As described in a too sweet for me tomato sauce. 

The highlight!

3 Georgian Big Dumplings 100 baht

Khinkali

I've had this before and the dumplings are always pleated with soup broth inside. Yep, similar to Chinese xiaolongbao but bigger.

These were what I imagine is a Soviet (ha ha) variation. Very big balls of unpleated very chewy thick dough balls surrounding fatty ground pork with some herbs IN soup broth! What can I say, I really loved the chewy thick dough! 

The dumplings and soup arrived hot but I probably should have nuked the lukewarm pilaf.

Overall I consider this another real find.

The menu is rather extensive.

Some other items for examples but there is much more.

Vegetable zucchinni puree 60

Pickles 30

Ukrainian borscht 90

Chicken Kiev w/ mash 120

Russian Navy Macaroni (has meat) 60

Salmon Cutlet 35 per piece

Georgian Chicken leg 120

Meat Pie 40 per piece

Stuffed cabbage leaves 30 per piece

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

anyone know any keto or carnivore restaurants anywhere ?

(that cater for them and do not charge for unwanted cr4p they usually serve with the good stuff)

Edited by innosiem
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

hello, any idea maybe ? I cannot find on this thread a good honest indian

maybe you know ?

Madras Darbar on 2nd Road opposite Central Festival seems to have a good reputation. It has the added bonus of actually being open; so many Indian places have closed. They have a website with their menu and you can check out independant reviews in the usual places.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, scoupeo said:

maybe you know ?

so it means that you have no idea or all restaurant sell exactly the same food, small overprice portions ?

• Like 1

I am also looking for cheap Indian, do they exist ? I do not ask good or anything special, they all sell exactly the same food, even if few of you can understand this, but i want cheap ! Please !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

I am also looking for cheap Indian, do they exist ? I do not ask good or anything special, they all sell exactly the same food, even if few of you can understand this, but i want cheap ! Please !

The Indian food place(if still there) in Big C Extra's food hall claims to be cheaper than the restaurants. From memory, something like 165 baht for a main meal. Bu don't quote me on that, since I didn't try it myself.

But so many had Thali for 150 baht. So always a cheap option on the menu.

Personally, I make my own, in so that I have more control over the process.

• Haha 1
On 7/21/2020 at 11:43 PM, scoupeo said:

maybe you know ?

You won't find on this forum...

Hungry hippo is the cheapest, but they have few indian dishes only (and before anybody tell that they are not Indian, I have to tell that they cook exactly the same food as any of your "best" indian restaurants (which is BS because they all sell exactly the same food !)

• Like 1

Not sure where to put this as it's not a review, but here goes.

Looking for a cheap or good value restaurant that serve wine. Cheap Charlies does but I've eaten there enough lately and I want a change. Lots of places like Hungry Hippo only show their food menu.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Had an English breakfast at Wanna Break?, Soi Yamato (Soi 13/1 to the unwashed). 2 eggs, 1 sausage, 2 bacon, good portion of baked beans, 2 slices of wheat toast, tea or coffee. Good 'nuff, up to standard. B95.

https://www.facebook.com/wannabreakpattaya/

Small place run by K. Wanna after her English hubbie died about 4 years ago, struggling to stay open in these dark days. She's a good lady, her relatives (I assume) aren't helping much w/ the service. Stop by if you can; I will again. Good place for a quick bite before hitting the go-go next door--whenever it opens again!

I will try it next time I have a full brekky; quite like the poached eggs option .. and the mushrooms. I normally go to the Swan on the same soi.