BANGKOK
Jingthing

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

6 hours ago, champers said:

Bella Italia on 2nd Road is back open; I know they have many fans on here. I feared the worst for them when they closed a couple of months ago. I wonder what has prompted them to re-open now.

Also on 2nd Road directly opposite Best Supermarket at the junction with Klang, a Thai seafood and fruit buffet resto is due to open soon on the site of what was previously a souvenir shop. All you can eat for 299 Baht according to signage, so not cheap. Again, I question what has persuaded the owners to open such a venture at this time.

Good luck to both places.

All you can eat seafood for 299 seems pretty cheap to me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

All you can eat seafood for 299 seems pretty cheap to me.

Usually mostly squid, but there might be a few dodgy mussels available.

• Haha 2

Boy let me tell you the.... For Rent, For Sale, For lease, Closing, Closed signs are sprouting like weeds all over town......Its getting worse not better....

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Boy let me tell you the.... For Rent, For Sale, For lease, Closing, Closed signs are sprouting like weeds all over town......Its getting worse not better....

It wasn't good before Coronavirus. Now, with no tourists likely to be around for some time, what do you expect?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

It wasn't good before Coronavirus. Now, with no tourists likely to be around for some time, what do you expect?

Whoops I ment to post this in the other thread....

Hi, is Kiss restaurant open 24 hours as before ? or where can you eat at night ? thank you.

Any reviews of the new mexican restaurant on Soi Bukow?.........I ate there once but I need to eat there again before I feel comfortable pulling the trigger on a Yea or Nay....... 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, hackjam said:

Went to Retox Game on last Monday and had their daily special.

Had the chicken pie, came with homemade chips, beans and a boat of gravy.

Pies are homemade, a really good meal and outstanding value at 199B.

RGO have some good value daily specials.

pie   humbnail_IMG_1977.jpg

Went back today, had the mince beef and onion pie, superb. 

46 minutes ago, champers said:

I passed Toto coffee shop

I heard Dorothy and The Tin Man love it.     🙂

hello, where do you eat Thai food now ? Only kiss and foodland restaurant Took lae dee seem clean enough to me, but maybe you know more ?

thank you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

Went to Benjamit coffee shop; off Sou Bukhao; for the first time today. I have seen it highly reccommended on here. My Americano was smooth as silk and I like the fact that they serve hot milk with your coffee rather than cold. The apple cake was especially delicious and so it should be at 65 Baht a slice. The place was packed and Grab drivers were in the premises, so deliveries must be available. Very nice to see somewhere so busy.

We also buy our roasted beans from there. It's a good example of how quality always survives.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SePl said:

hello, where do you eat Thai food now ? Only kiss and foodland restaurant Took lae dee seem clean enough to me, but maybe you know more ?

thank you.

If you are concerned about clean place, I can recommend Jasmine, on Pattaya Klang, near beach, opposite Ali Baba Indian restaurant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, hackjam said:

If you are concerned about clean place, I can recommend Jasmine, on Pattaya Klang, near beach, opposite Ali Baba Indian restaurant.

Or Jasmine on the corner of 3rd Road & Soi 19.

• Haha 1