Jump to content

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted on the other thread (about businesses opening and closing) a few weeks ago about the Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub that has opened in the former Punch & Judy premises on Soi 17 (Soi Region

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B. Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punter

You have mentioned this in other posts repeatedly???? I know a good short time hotel.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

 

You need an expert to tell you what's good?

 

Is that haw you choose what music and movies you like, have an expert tell you?

 

at least i'm sure to never rely o any Thai opinion about ANYTHING !

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hackjam said:

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B.

Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punters in at 15:30hrs.

 

thumbnail_IMG_2326.jpg

I don't say this often about food in Thailand, but that looks to be both good quality and good value. Obviously my wife thinks that 260 is extortion. What did it taste like? If it was cheap local meat cooked in an Otto oven then I'd gladly pay you 260 baht to take it away.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteveK said:

I don't say this often about food in Thailand, but that looks to be both good quality and good value. Obviously my wife thinks that 260 is extortion. What did it taste like? If it was cheap local meat cooked in an Otto oven then I'd gladly pay you 260 baht to take it away.  

Apart from the beef being  a bit dry, everything excellent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hackjam said:

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B.

Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punters in at 15:30hrs.

 

thumbnail_IMG_2326.jpg

Looks pretty damn good to me for 260 baht

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, henry2109 said:

Da Marco Restaurant, Darkside

 

Website: da-marco.com

Toongklom-Talman Road, near Charknok Reservoir

 

One of the best restaurants in Pattaya, the kitchen is european (swiss, italian, no thai food). Nice, quiet setting, open-air. The food quality, the preparation and the service are top notch. Opening hours only evening.

 

Marco offers a weekly new set menue for 850 Baht, which is a good value. Have visited this restaurant many times the last few month and was never disapointed.

I was curious and looked at their web site, interested in their menu

 

Clicked on View Menu

 

Reply as follows 

 

"Our Menu is Coming Soon "

Yet they have been open for months?

 

Bizarre

 

Edited by seasia
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seasia said:

I was curious and looked at their web site, interested in their menu

 

Clicked on View Menu

 

Reply as follows 

 

"Our Menu is Coming Soon "

Yet they have been open for months?

 

Bizarre

 

The Restaurant exists since 9 years. His customers get informed about his offers and specials via LINE. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

The Restaurant exists since 9 years. His customers get informed about his offers and specials via LINE. 

What was the weekly set menu when you went?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

What was the weekly set menu when you went?

Cucumber Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Shrimps

***

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Parmesan and Sage Butter

***

Black Cherry Soda

***

Wagyu Flank Steak from the Grill with Chimichurri Sauce

Vegetables

***

Vanilla Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce, Whipped Cream and Almonds

 

for 850 Baht

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...