4 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

Cucumber Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Shrimps

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Parmesan and Sage Butter

Black Cherry Soda

Wagyu Flank Steak from the Grill with Chimichurri Sauce

Vegetables

Vanilla Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce, Whipped Cream and Almonds

for 850 Baht

Sounds nice. How as the steak? I'm generally not partial to flank or sauces on steak.

22 hours ago, henry2109 said:

The Restaurant exists since 9 years. His customers get informed about his offers and specials via LINE. 

OK Thank You.

15 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Sending  messages to regular customers is not a lot of help for somebody who hasn't been before.

I like to check the whole menu before I go somewhere for the first time.

So you never eat anywhere that does not have an online menu? What did you do before the internet?

Went to Mum Aroy Khao Chee Chan yesterday for a family dinner, it's near Silverlake.

https://goo.gl/maps/AZXoRkH2x6RzTp3k7

This is the same chain as in Naklua and 3rd road, so I'll rate in that context. The food quality is between the two, Naklua IMHO being the best. Service is better than Naklua but a bit worse than 3rd. So this one is in the middle. The prices are what they are in seafood restaurants, a party of nine people clocked in at 7k baht, including a bottle of wine and other drinks.

What is different is what they have been building nearby. The restaurant is located on a small hillside, looking down on ..  a faux Italian city they call "Città di Como'. Apparently trying to copy the atmosphere from the Lake Como in Italy. I scoffed at it at first, but what do you know, it actually worked as the sun went down. They are building what looks like a cathedral or town hall and even a colosseum like structure. Bit unreal. 

Place was packed to the hilt with Thais coming during the long weekend, had to wait 30mins to be seated. Seems popular with the BKK weekenders. It's worth a visit, but not sure if I'd drive there just for that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So you never eat anywhere that does not have an online menu? What did you do before the internet?

Can't remember, and when I lived in the UK I didn't eat out that much so normally went to my favorite restaurants.

A post discussing moderation has been removed

On 9/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, henry2109 said:

Da Marco Restaurant, Darkside

Toongklom-Talman Road, near Charknok Reservoir

One of the best restaurants in Pattaya, the kitchen is european (swiss, italian, no thai food). Nice, quiet setting, open-air. The food quality, the preparation and the service are top notch. Opening hours only evening.

Marco offers a weekly new set menue for 850 Baht, which is a good value. Have visited this restaurant many times the last few month and was never disapointed.

For people who enjoy having more plate than food inside...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SePl said:

I bet you do not know the restaurant and did not even eat there a single time. Why secrete rubbish then?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, henry2109 said:

I bet you do not know the restaurant and did not even eat there a single time. Why secrete rubbish then?

Well he might have done and you would not know.  He could then have written a subjective comment citing personal experience, instead of that cryptic one. You are likely correct.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SePl said:

The large plates often used in Italian restaurants are deceptive. There's a large brim, but the cup in the middle is deep. Often used for pasta dishes.

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2020 at 12:32 PM, SePl said:

Image may contain: table and indoor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1