The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

2 hours ago, Nout said:

Cabbages and Condoms on Soi 4 Pratumnak is the most beautiful restaurant in Pattaya, beautiful design, beach view, modest prices.

I just find their food so bland. But you are correct, its a lovely place. Is it still open?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted on the other thread (about businesses opening and closing) a few weeks ago about the Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub that has opened in the former Punch & Judy premises on Soi 17 (Soi Region

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B. Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punter

You have mentioned this in other posts repeatedly???? I know a good short time hotel.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Nout said:

High end cuisine with home baking including bagels, bread, cakes etc at Peaky Blinders Soi 1 Pratumnak

A few friends also speak highly of their food but complain about a long wait. I intend to try during the week, do they open for brekky?

And any info on their Thai food?

Edited by hackjam
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, hackjam said:

I just find their food so bland. But you are correct, its a lovely place. Is it still open?

Food has nothing special and I still wonder what makes people think that any food is special ?! I guess that most can't even explain it.

Just like messages I read here saying that Kiss restaurant is not good, but people cannot explain why. So funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

First visit to HH today. Had "small" BF 2 bacon, 2 egg, 1 sausage, beans, tomato, fried potatoes, toast with butter and marmalade and cup of coffee all for 89 baht. Later I had liver and onions, mash, carrots & peas for 179 baht. Large Leo or Chang is 59 baht. I drink small bottles when in Pattaya: Chang was 39 baht. Is that the dogs boll**ks or what?

so ? what is special there that we cannot find anywhere else ?!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

WARNING: May cause heart palpitations to Cheap Charlies. 

Pineapple Restaurant & Sky Lounge - on top of Khao Talo in Siam Royal View village. https://goo.gl/maps/Zz94HSZLhHMZe9Fy9

We went for a function with ten people. The place is special, perched on top of Khao Talo, the 4th floor offers beautiful view of Pattaya brightside and perhaps even more interestingly, to further darkside, which is not a view you get often. It's obvious fom the second you set foot on the premises this is not a somtam place. The decor is set nicely and is very pleasing to the eye, everything seems to be maintained perfectly.

After some coctails on the observation floor and enjoying the brilliant view of the sunset, we then went to the first floor where the open kitchen is. The chef seems to be European, didn't ask but I'd guess Spanish. Service was impeccable and friendly.

To the food and drink. Ordered champagne to start (Mumm), the place has a good list of wines. An Italian red and couple of Chilean merlots for main drinks, the service opened and decanted all properly, they are well trained. Some starters like Spanish jamon, oysters florentine and scallops, excellent. Apparently the place had been visited by a Michelin star chef the week before, tells something about what they aim at.

For mains, 2kg of Black Angus Tomahawk steaks, aged whopping 190 days. Now that's a very long time and I was sceptical about it. When the pieces of meat came, nicely cut, it looked wonderful. The aging process had turned the meat almost to a jello like appearance. First bite and WOW. Not the meat itself, but the fat that had been charred on very high heat, blows your mind. By far the best steak I've had in Thailand and to give some relevant point of comparison, better than the aged steak I had in Brisbane at Walter's steakhouse, which was already excellent. The sides of house made fries and grilled corn also perfect.

Dessert, got a cake which was delicious. Everything was just brilliant. Five stars. Chef came by to say hi on our way out. 

And the tab, prepare the ambulance for CCs: a bit over 30k. Well worth it and I will go again when they have special events. This, I think, is a destination restaurant. They do have a happy hour just for drinks if you simply want to check them out without murdering your wallet.

What the purpose of going to dirty darkside for a view ? When I want a view I go front beach...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, sncoem said:

Why don't they put food in dishes ? If I was eating there I would have to go to KFC to eat real food after dinner...

With your fingers?

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Or just review without implying you are the only one that can afford such a dinner lol

I will do my review of corned beef sarnies sat in the sand with a can of Chang next week..... lovely sunset.

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I will do my review of corned beef sarnies sat in the sand with a can of Chang next week..... lovely sunset.

Now I'm getting jealous. Must drop into Siamsbury's today for a tin of corned beef.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You must be rich if you can afford a tin of corned beef in Thailand. Don't forget the piccalilli.

14 minutes ago, champers said:

You must be rich if you can afford a tin of corned beef in Thailand. Don't forget the piccalilli.

No no no.... Branston or HP......

• Haha 1