The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

27 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Beer Hubb - Tree town, Soi Buakhao

https://g.page/beerhubb?share

It's right at the front of Tree town, fancy looking round thing. I read they had authentic Indian food so wanted to give it a shot. Good selection of beers too. So, ordered papadom, which is as it is, dipping sauce was spicy and good. Then chicken jalfrezi, the friendly waitress asked if I wanted spicy and I said yes. Couple of butter naans too. Naans came, whoa, big and looks like made on premises. Fluffy and delish. The curry had a lot of spices in it and yes, very, very hot. I was sweating through scalp eating it, tasted excellent. Topped off with a Feral brewing IPA. 

Very nicely kept place, menu is large, mostly Indian and British dishes. Prices for Buakhao are a bit high but quality makes up for it. I shall return. Ah yes and there's a rooftop terrace too, which I think makes more sense after sundown.

Chef is Indian (possibly owner too). Best pint of draught Stella in Pattaya, reasonably priced too.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted on the other thread (about businesses opening and closing) a few weeks ago about the Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub that has opened in the former Punch & Judy premises on Soi 17 (Soi Region

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B. Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punter

You have mentioned this in other posts repeatedly???? I know a good short time hotel.

Posted Images

On 10/29/2020 at 1:48 AM, TaaSaparot said:

I think the most interesting thing about Chill Inn is the Serbian Dishes on its Menu.

Wby dont you just admit you dont live in Thailand?   You've got more chance of a holiday in Serbia than presenting a relevent food review for Paattaya Residents.  Wbat a total irrelevance you are to people living in Pattaya. 

Stickman Light

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, polpott said:

Chef is Indian (possibly owner too). Best pint of draught Stella in Pattaya, reasonably priced too.

I had indian food, good, and reasonably priced, missus had Thai food good but expensive.

Had guinness, total rip off at 269 a pint.

Nice roof top setting, service good.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, kinyara said:

Wby dont you just admit you dont live in Thailand?   You've got more chance of a holiday in Serbia than presenting a relevent food review for Paattaya Residents.  Wbat a total irrelevance you are to people living in Pattaya. 

Stickman Light

Taa Saparot maybe stuck outside of Thailand now ?? not sure about this? But he has spent a good portion of the year here for decades...So Kinyara I do believe a apology is in order....   

Just now, redwood1 said:

Well its good your eating there- helping to keep them in business...The only farangs left in Pattaya are hard core expats who don't take kindly to paying some much as 5 baht more for a meal if its cheaper elsewhere.....The Beer Hubs future is not bright in the current environment...

Speak for yourself. I've never eaten in Hungry Hippo, Cheap Charlie's etc. but have eaten in The Hub.

I regularly eat in bake 'n Brew. Not the cheapest but IMO the best in Central Pattaya.

Your post is a grossly misrepresentative view of expats in Pattaya and only leaves me wondering what your agenda is.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well its good your eating there- helping to keep them in business...The only farangs left in Pattaya are hard core expats who don't take kindly to paying so much as 5 baht more for a meal if its cheaper elsewhere.....The Beer Hubs future is not bright in the current environment...

Yes I do try to frequent places where the food is good. But one man can only eat so much and my wife cooks pretty well too. 

Forgot one more thing: parking is right next to Tree town. It's often a problem in Buakhao, not in this case.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well its good your eating there- helping to keep them in business...The only farangs left in Pattaya are hard core expats who don't take kindly to paying so much as 5 baht more for a meal if its cheaper elsewhere.....The Beer Hubs future is not bright in the current environment...

Yeah, they were originally aiming for the Indian market as they are known to spend so much!

4 hours ago, rhythmworx said:

8 year old thread.
Isn't it about time to knock it on the head and archive it?
Naah thought not.

No

It is one of if not the most active thread in the Pattaya section.

It happens to be my favourite topic.

I have had some decent leads from it.

Some of the places just mentioned in the last 3 or 4 days I will likely try.

The regular posters here give good and fair reviews IMO.

No one is being forced to read it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1