BANGKOK
Jingthing

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Restaurant Split in Soi Chayapruek.

Went for lunch today with 2 friends. 2 of us had the Balkan Mixed Grill while the 3rd (who hates garlic) had a pizza.

Both the pizza and the mixed grill were tasty and plenty off.

Beer 60 Baht and the mixed grill for 2 was 480 Baht. Don't remember price of the pizza.

Friendly owner and service and VERY clean.

Liked it and will occasionally return.

Yermanee wai.gif

p.s. Closed on Mondays !

Edited by yermanee
  • Like 1

"The Place" Israeli Restaurant

Menu in English and Hebrew and maybe Thai (I forget)

Hard to find Israeli specialties: Shakshuka served with bread (this is very similar to Mexican Huevos Rancheros I kid you not!), Hummus with spicy meat, Hummus with organ meats, Baba ghanoush, Full platter dinner meals, Homemade soups such as chicken or lentil

I think probably the best Israeli "place" in town and yes of course an Israeli tourist hangout

Soi Boukaow, not too far from Pattaya Tai

https://foursquare.c...a52fadb3461eb25

Thanks for your post! Stopped into The Place today and ordered Hummus with Meat & Baba Ganoush; both were very good. We especially liked the hummus plate, never having ordered it this way before. The hummus was deep & rich tasting, with a balanced blend of garlic, tahini, lemon juice, etc. In the center, was a mound of seasoned, slightly saucy ground beef (somewhat similar to taco flavor): 220 baht, including (2) small, warmed pita breads. Good place. Photo's not from The Place, but similar.

cool.png

Sounds like a winner...cant wait to try.

Thanks for your post! Stopped into The Place today and ordered Hummus with Meat & Baba Ganoush; both were very good.

Forget to mention before on Saturday morning they serve the traditional SLOW COOKED Jewish sabbath stew, Hamin (Hebrew) / Cholent. 200 baht I recall.

I guess come early or they run out. Also I don't think they serve felafel. The hummus can be ordered I think, plain, with the spicy minced meat (which I had as well), or with organ meat like livers and hearts which apparently is a massively popular Israeli street food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholent

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for your post! Stopped into The Place today and ordered Hummus with Meat & Baba Ganoush; both were very good.

Forget to mention before on Saturday morning they serve the traditional SLOW COOKED Jewish sabbath stew, Hamin (Hebrew) / Cholent. 200 baht I recall.

I guess come early or they run out. Also I don't think they serve felafel. The hummus can be ordered I think, plain, with the spicy minced meat (which I had as well), or with organ meat like livers and hearts which apparently is a massively popular Israeli street food.

Since you mentioned it, are the owners of this place religiously observant Jews? I ask because I want to know are they open 7 days or do they close for the sabbath? (I think Friday sundown till Saturday same.)

Best milkshake (not really food...but what the heck):

Carl's Jr. Central Beach Mall

Really good "hand-scooped" milkshakes. Seem to use real ice-cream, creamy and thick, topped with whipped cream...only B65!

• Like 2

Since you mentioned it, are the owners of this place religiously observant Jews? I ask because I want to know are they open 7 days or do they close for the sabbath? (I think Friday sundown till Saturday same.)

I don't know.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect App

Italian - Don Joe. Best steak I've had in Pattaya and only 500 baht, good seafood also very good pizza & Italian deserts (subjective of course!). In Walking Street, the second Italian Restaurant on the right hand side after entering from Beach Road, approx 600 meters.

112/2M, 10 Beach Road, South Pattaya

Tel: 038 710 733

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

Italian - Don Joe. Best steak I've had in Pattaya and only 500 baht, good seafood also very good pizza & Italian deserts (subjective of course!). In Walking Street, the second Italian Restaurant on the right hand side after entering from Beach Road, approx 600 meters.

112/2M, 10 Beach Road, South Pattaya

Tel: 038 710 733

Second this!

Also awesome eggplant Parmesan. Agree the pastas are very good but I will demur on the pizzas. A little pricey (B350 for eggplant) but enough for two to share or for one hungry man.

It might be good to add these places to the Pattaya restaurant map?

If you know where they are and feel they are worth visiting then by all means feel free to add them. Was rather hoping that only places that someone enjoyed and would return to would get added rather than just every place that opens and sells food. That way we all know the places on there at least have some fans.

• Like 1

If you know where they are and feel they are worth visiting then by all means feel free to add them. Was rather hoping that only places that someone enjoyed and would return to would get added rather than just every place that opens and sells food. That way we all know the places on there at least have some fans.

Jayman, just an idea, make it for all places. Is there a way you can add the option for a ratings bar etc.? If so, then all eateries in Patts would/could end up on the map with an overall rating.

Jayman, just an idea, make it for all places. Is there a way you can add the option for a ratings bar etc.? If so, then all eateries in Patts would/could end up on the map with an overall rating.

There is no major issue to allow all places but then the map starts to be a bit cluttered. I was hoping to leave it just for recommended places. That way when you're out and about you can pull out your phone and open google maps and see if there are any recommended spots near you. Of course the original idea was just for everyone to be able to easily describe where the place they were recommending was rather than just saying on this soi near the 7/11.

As for ratings.. you are free to write whatever comments you want. If the spot is already on the map then feel free to add your comments to it.

I might be able to put together an html based template that we all could use as a base when adding a place that would allow a rating but I think it might get overly complicated.

• Like 2

I like the idea of mostly including only specifically RECOMMENDED restaurants. Indeed there must be THOUSANDS of restaurants in the region. Most NOT particularly recommendable.

I like the idea of mostly including only specifically RECOMMENDED restaurants. Indeed there must be THOUSANDS of restaurants in the region. Most NOT particularly recommendable.

I agree, but it looks like some restaurant owners have already started recommending their own places.

I base this assumption on some very lame reviews found in the map.

I agree, but it looks like some restaurant owners have already started recommending their own places.

I base this assumption on some very lame reviews found in the map.

I guess it can't be helped unless someone decides they have the credibility to delete items.

Even with that, food taste is of course quite subjective.

Myself I think a place that does better than average pad krapow for 60 baht is worth noting, some others may think only world class star worthy formal restaurants are worth noting.

Edited by Jingthing