Sydictive Phuket Beach Bash Kicks Off Today – Amid Confusion And Stringent Rules

Lite Beer

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lot closer to the shore than I thought it would be.

They were struggling to maneuver something so large with a single tugboat. The top man in the marine dept (forget his name) was on the beach screaming into a walkie talkie. biggrin.png

Once everyone gets onto it, with the extra weight, it looks like it will bottom out. That probably will not cause any damage, but they may need to wait for high tide to move it again and they may need a lot more horsepower to drag it out of the sand.

Just saw a huge barge with a stage set up being towed along past Kata beach. Its for the party for sure. Its huge.

Yes it is big but not exactly what I imagined. I guess it will look better at night.

8325345012_2b1a76aa2a_z.jpg

That's the biggest swimming stage on earth oceans, ever?

Can't Singapore put "The float" before Sentosa, for one concert?

2. The party area cannot be separated from the general public

Wow...

The death blow to tickets sales.

AND free entertainment at Patong beach provided at the expense of Syndictive.

Take note potential future farang business investors. This is how the locals do business in Phuket.

This fiasco has degenerated into the mother of all Jet Ski Scams.

If I am not mistaken that looks like a 10ft metal fence around the party site taken at 3.pm today.......

8324289257_1434d3628e_z.jpg

"In addition to that sobering necessity, the party will be limited to an 800 meter stretch of Patong Beach. Due to the event being held on public land, the organizers will not be allowed to erect any structures to separate those who have paid for “beach” tickets from those who have not."

Someone should tell 'em, methinks

Edited by noob7

Wow...

Take note potential future farang business investors. This is how the locals do business in Phuket.

If I am not mistaken that looks like a 10ft metal fence around the party site taken at 3.pm today.......

"In addition to that sobering necessity, the party will be limited to an 800 meter stretch of Patong Beach. Due to the event being held on public land, the organizers will not be allowed to erect any structures to separate those who have paid for “beach” tickets from those who have not."

That is not a "seperating structure." That is a "sound wall." Not same same. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

2. The party area cannot be separated from the general publicWow...The death blow to tickets sales.AND free entertainment at Patong beach provided at the expense of Syndictive.Take note potential future farang business investors. This is how the locals do business in Phuket.This fiasco has degenerated into the mother of all Jet Ski Scams.
If I am not mistaken that looks like a 10ft metal fence around the party site taken at 3.pm today.......8324289257_1434d3628e_z.jpg
"In addition to that sobering necessity, the party will be limited to an 800 meter stretch of Patong Beach. Due to the event being held on public land, the organizers will not be allowed to erect any structures to separate those who have paid for “beach” tickets from those who have not."Someone should tell 'em, methinks
That is not a "seperating structure." That is a "sound wall." Not same same. smile.pngsmile.png
ok, lets call it sound wall'"There will only be one main gate into the Sydictive party, separated into six doors and five exits. In case of an emergency, all gates will be opened.The police will be stationed by the entrance gates and check people's belongings. Next to the police, there will be a scanner for weapons.(http://www.thaivisa....s-on-in-patong/)

That's a sound wall:590x300%20sound%20wall.jpggiggle.gif

Edited by noob7

Looks like somebody did not get the memo that they are not suppose to sell alcohol....smile.png

http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=189595

Don't you think, the two BiB's in the picture clearing the formalities, how to handle this?

Believe it or not, I realized that as well when I saw and talked to them.... that they were "trying" to sort out the formalities.

Foolish of me to think that they (whoever delivered the evil goods) would not even try to pull something like this of....whistling.gif

Wow...

Maybe it's a "wind break" but it's definately not a "seperating structure." :) :) :) :)

Wow...

Maybe it's a "wind break" but it's definately not a "seperating structure." smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

What I saw, some seconds ago: Is it only the toilet corner?

Maybe the toilet lady tries to defend her income?

5, 10 or better 20 baht?

Edited by noob7

At Noob.

I have a feeling the water in front of the stage is going to be the toilet for many people, just like the water is off Haad Rin Beach on Koh Phangan when the Full Moon Party is on.

That white froth where the water meets the sand is caused by urine, not spilt beer. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Having gone and looked at the beach this afternoon its as per photos in previous posts- the whole area has corrugated fencing round it and an entrance with metal detectors and police presence Call it what you want but looks like segregating fencing to me - I didnt see any 'public beach customer' free access entrance! Also didn't see any real toilets or medical facilities being installed/setup as of this afternoon. I believe this event was advertised to kick off at 15:00 today by the way. As a project manager I would have thought an event like this to supposedly host anywhere from 20K-50K people if the blurb is to be believed would need a little bit more than a 2 day setup to meet any required safety standards - still thats only my view I am sure the organisers who are taking the customers money will have it all worked out. The earlier stage sound test I am sure made all the management and customers eating or staying at any of the beach road restaurants and hotels really happy for their future no conversation, no sleep and no business for the next 2 nights. By the way has anyone thinking of going to this event bothered to look at the detailed weather forecast for Phuket tomorrow - check windfinder or windguru. Forecast to be a wet one from 19:00 onward - thats a shame for the superb free event which is held every year but I hope it makes sure we never have a repeat of this greedy event again

Wow! If Phil Spector's going then I'm there! w00t.gif

• Like 1

@ chainsaw from previous thread, I know many great musicians who can't write a song,can only play what they are told to play, great football managers who were terrible players, great story tellers who can't write a book, food critics who can't cook, great movie directors who can't act, some of the greatest songs wrote were by average talented people, session musicians are normally the best at what they do, very few reach stardom, i agree, to me this computer dance music is over rated, but these guys sit in a studio and tell the session players what they want and they do it, again back to the football manager (sir Alex) he is the vision, the song writer if you will, the footballers are his session players, super talented, without the guidance, creativity of the manager would it work, same as the Akon's, will-i-am, all the dance artists, it is there creativity and vision we hear, a computer is only as good as it's operator, they start will a blank canvass like a paint artist and create, there is a snobbery and has been for years regarding musicians, they are like football pundits, know everything to know yet never get out there bedrooms and if they do reach the dizzy heights of average, i notice a lot of respected musicians on the island using computer generated karaoke tracks/ backing tracks, they are just computer generated sounds, but you'll reply, "thats different!!!!, someone has had to create them, exactly" have these muso's sold out aswel?????, although again dance music is not my thing, the best producers and musicians in the world rate them, from what i can hear out of my window, these are not amateurs, they are polished, talented, professional and dedicated to a art form, i bet i'm beatdeadhorse.gif , remember Elvis, beatles, Stones, the who, doors, Floyd, Zepplin, ozzy, deep purple, hard rock, glam rock, sex pistols, clash, punk, new romantics, hip hop, house, grunge, britpop, soft rock, trance, all radical evolution of music to the previous generation,your sounding like my dad when i introduced him to Barry Manilow, sorry i mean the velvet underground and early Floyd, so enjoy and join the burp.gif

Edited by britpop

@ chainsaw from previous thread, I know many great musicians who can't write a song,can only play what they are told to play, great football managers who were terrible players, great story tellers who can't write a book, food critics who can't cook, great movie directors who can't act, some of the greatest songs wrote were by average talented people, session musicians are normally the best at what they do, very few reach stardom, i agree, to me this computer dance music is over rated, but these guys sit in a studio and tell the session players what they want and they do it, again back to the football manager (sir Alex) he is the vision, the song writer if you will, the footballers are his session players, super talented, without the guidance, creativity of the manager would it work, same as the Akon's, will-i-am, all the dance artists, it is there creativity and vision we hear, a computer is only as good as it's operator, they start will a blank canvass like a paint artist and create, there is a snobbery and has been for years regarding musicians, they are like football pundits, know everything to know yet never get out there bedrooms and if they do reach the dizzy heights of average, i notice a lot of respected musicians on the island using computer generated karaoke tracks/ backing tracks, they are just computer generated sounds, but you'll reply, "thats different!!!!, someone has had to create them, exactly" have these muso's sold out aswel?????, although again dance music is not my thing, the best producers and musicians in the world rate them, from what i can hear out of my window, these are not amateurs, they are polished, talented, professional and dedicated to a art form, i bet i'm beatdeadhorse.gif , remember Elvis, beatles, Stones, the who, doors, Floyd, Zepplin, ozzy, deep purple, hard rock, glam rock, sex pistols, clash, punk, new romantics, hip hop, house, grunge, britpop, soft rock, trance, all radical evolution of music to the previous generation,your sounding like my dad when i introduced him to Barry Manilow, sorry i mean the velvet underground and early Floyd, so enjoy and join the burp.gif

I agree with your post britpop, however, this "music" appeals to a very small market on Phuket, namely, the 18 to 25 year olds. Given that this event is being staged to be profitable, or at least start a tradition for New Years Eve parties to be profitable in the future, I would have thought the organisers may have targeted a wider audience.

Certainly, the target market for a party with this music is for the younger generation, who would rather pop a pill and dance all night than purchase a Thaibev product. This is why the tickets for these events cost so much, because you do not make any money out of the party goers once they are inside.

If the organisers held the party with, for example, "The Beach Boys Revival Band" or something similar, would that have not appealed to a wider audience, namely the 35 to 60 year olds, and the people that will buy alcohol.

Or, they could have gone down the "cultural path" and called it the "Phuket New Years Eve Internalional Party" and had some music from all around the world to cater for the diverse tourism here. They could have had a jumping castle for the kids etc and also target young families.

They could have even done both by having mellow music at sunset and into the evening for the older genration, and then at 12:30am or 1am had the DJ dance music for the younger ones until the sunrise.

These are just two ideas off the top of my head, but with many members on TV mocking the music that will be played at the party, perhaps the organisers have picked the wrong target market, as soon as they picked the artist for the gig.

Edited by NamKangMan

5, 10 or better 20 baht?

Good grief...

Corrugated iron and portable toilets.

Remind me again why Paris Hilton bailed on this gig...

Rain predicted for tonight.

Karen Bravo...looks like I am still in the money with my three deaths prediction.

When the rain hits the (unearthed) electrics powering the stage barge we might even see three hundred deaths.

If any TV members attend this event...take careful note of any make shift wiring that is around you. And if you are on the barge...when it rains...good luck

Edited by Phronesis

5, 10 or better 20 baht?

Good grief...

Corrugated iron and portable toilets.

Remind me again why Paris Hilton bailed on this gig...

Rain predicted for tonight.

Karen Bravo...looks like I am still in the money with my three deaths prediction.

When the rain hits the (unearthed) electrics powering the stage barge we might even see three hundred deaths.

If any TV members attend this event...take careful note of any make shift wiring that is around you. And if you are on the barge...when it rains...good luck

This corrugated iron fence is actually an electric fence to keep the gate crashers out, so, Phronesis, those deaths by electricution can be blamed back on the farang for doing the wrong thing, yet again. :) :)

here is the garbage laying ouside the fenced area..... i am sure the organizers will be the blamed for this from the powers to be.... but this is a daily site on patong beach. inside the fenced area was free of obvious litter how ever there is cigarette butts everywhere.

since the power to be's are so worried about the beach. thay might want to go to the south end and explain why all the small dead shells. no dead small fish today. this typically is a sign of pollution and contaminated water.

you walk the beach just south of loma park this area looks to be the healthiest. very few shells dieing on the beach and the water is much clearer.

but then again i would never swim or park my arse on patong beach. it looks like a toilet and is a toilet.

now i also see loma park is now open to be a car park.... LMAO.....

post-154081-0-29635900-1356924441_thumb.

post-154081-0-18228000-1356924456_thumb.

here is the garbage laying ouside the fenced area..... i am sure the organizers will be the blamed for this from the powers to be.... but this is a daily site on patong beach. inside the fenced area was free of obvious litter how ever there is cigarette butts everywhere.

since the power to be's are so worried about the beach. thay might want to go to the south end and explain why all the small dead shells. no dead small fish today. this typically is a sign of pollution and contaminated water.

you walk the beach just south of loma park this area looks to be the healthiest. very few shells dieing on the beach and the water is much clearer.

but then again i would never swim or park my arse on patong beach. it looks like a toilet and is a toilet.

now i also see loma park is now open to be a car park.... LMAO.....

At Kalim, the northern end of Patong beach there is a small creek that flows out to sea under the cement road bridge. A little ways up stream next to this creek is the primary sewage treatment works for Patong. During high season it is always overwhelmed and thus untreated fecal coliforms seep into the nearby creek. They then flow out to sea...and then down to main beach Patong in the long shore drift current. The coliform seepage rate goes up significantly if there is additional groundwater in the treatment plant. That is, if it rains. And yes, the start of this high season has been unseasonally wet.

The phrase Patong Beach is a toilet is not a metaphor. It is a scientific fact.

We see sporadic reports of tourist drowning deaths on Patong beach.

I would love to see some data on the eye, skin, ear, nose and throat illnesses that arise from swimming at the beach.

Wow, the stage actually came to the beach... I was quite convinced this party was a very elaborate scam.

The family are too big to fail. The face loss would have been too huge for that.

But my dear god...what a bath they are going to take on their investment...

• Like 1

Wow, the stage actually came to the beach... I was quite convinced this party was a very elaborate scam.

The family are too big to fail. The face loss would have been too huge for that.

When you are high enough up the food chain to be able to dictate to Phuket authorities what will happen on their beaches on NYE then the amount they will drop on this will not make one iota of difference to them. The loss of face however, that is a different matter.
  • Like 1

The bank that is the sponsor is who will that will take the bath. Why use your own money when you can get the bank to back you?