BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Lite Beer

Sydictive Phuket Beach Bash Kicks Off Today – Amid Confusion And Stringent Rules

It's a lot closer to the shore than I thought it would be.

They were struggling to maneuver something so large with a single tugboat. The top man in the marine dept (forget his name) was on the beach screaming into a walkie talkie. biggrin.png

Once everyone gets onto it, with the extra weight, it looks like it will bottom out. That probably will not cause any damage, but they may need to wait for high tide to move it again and they may need a lot more horsepower to drag it out of the sand.

I can't see any power cable. There's some sort of small cable on the lefthand side of the photo, but I doubt that's for power. Any ideas?

There maybe generators behind the lighting.

Edited by NamKangMan

Looks like somebody did not get the memo that they are not suppose to sell alcohol....smile.png

it might be relavent that thai bev produces chang.

With the worlds largest floating stage beached; where will the VIP barges park....ON the beach?

Just saw a huge barge with a stage set up being towed along past Kata beach. Its for the party for sure. Its huge.

Yes it is big but not exactly what I imagined. I guess it will look better at night.

8325345012_2b1a76aa2a_z.jpg

That's the biggest swimming stage on earth oceans, ever?

Can't Singapore put "The float" before Sentosa, for one concert?

2. The party area cannot be separated from the general public

Wow...

The death blow to tickets sales.

AND free entertainment at Patong beach provided at the expense of Syndictive.

Take note potential future farang business investors. This is how the locals do business in Phuket.

This fiasco has degenerated into the mother of all Jet Ski Scams.

If I am not mistaken that looks like a 10ft metal fence around the party site taken at 3.pm today.......

8324289257_1434d3628e_z.jpg

"In addition to that sobering necessity, the party will be limited to an 800 meter stretch of Patong Beach. Due to the event being held on public land, the organizers will not be allowed to erect any structures to separate those who have paid for “beach” tickets from those who have not."

Someone should tell 'em, methinks

Edited by noob7

Wow...

Take note potential future farang business investors. This is how the locals do business in Phuket.

If I am not mistaken that looks like a 10ft metal fence around the party site taken at 3.pm today.......

"In addition to that sobering necessity, the party will be limited to an 800 meter stretch of Patong Beach. Due to the event being held on public land, the organizers will not be allowed to erect any structures to separate those who have paid for “beach” tickets from those who have not."

That is not a "seperating structure." That is a "sound wall." Not same same. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

2. The party area cannot be separated from the general publicWow...The death blow to tickets sales.AND free entertainment at Patong beach provided at the expense of Syndictive.Take note potential future farang business investors. This is how the locals do business in Phuket.This fiasco has degenerated into the mother of all Jet Ski Scams.
If I am not mistaken that looks like a 10ft metal fence around the party site taken at 3.pm today.......8324289257_1434d3628e_z.jpg
"In addition to that sobering necessity, the party will be limited to an 800 meter stretch of Patong Beach. Due to the event being held on public land, the organizers will not be allowed to erect any structures to separate those who have paid for “beach” tickets from those who have not."Someone should tell 'em, methinks
That is not a "seperating structure." That is a "sound wall." Not same same. smile.pngsmile.png
ok, lets call it sound wall'"There will only be one main gate into the Sydictive party, separated into six doors and five exits. In case of an emergency, all gates will be opened.The police will be stationed by the entrance gates and check people's belongings. Next to the police, there will be a scanner for weapons.(http://www.thaivisa....s-on-in-patong/)

That's a sound wall:590x300%20sound%20wall.jpggiggle.gif

Edited by noob7

Looks like somebody did not get the memo that they are not suppose to sell alcohol....smile.png

http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=189595

Don't you think, the two BiB's in the picture clearing the formalities, how to handle this?

Believe it or not, I realized that as well when I saw and talked to them.... that they were "trying" to sort out the formalities.

Foolish of me to think that they (whoever delivered the evil goods) would not even try to pull something like this of....whistling.gif

Wow...

Maybe it's a "wind break" but it's definately not a "seperating structure." :) :) :) :)

Wow...

Maybe it's a "wind break" but it's definately not a "seperating structure." smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

What I saw, some seconds ago: Is it only the toilet corner?

Maybe the toilet lady tries to defend her income?

5, 10 or better 20 baht?

Edited by noob7